Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940957 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12390 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:34 pm »

And how do you know I'm planning to use explosives, Mesk? Besides, if it's circuitry behind there, then a cutting torch isn't the best of ideas ever, you'll melt it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12391 on: February 22, 2013, 09:50:46 pm »

Since he needs to take a mental break, Jim rips open the panel for the others (if possible), then retrieves Feyri and boards the shuttle so the technologically-inclined people can fool with it. He also checks on the status of stasis and whether or not it would be safe to put Feyri into it.

You walk over to the panel and use a sharp bit of rock to put a hole in the panel's edge. That done, you get your fingers under the panel and tear  it open.  Behind the panel there isn't a switch or a electronic system to reset. There's a cockpit. Admittedly it's probably the smallest cockpit you've ever seen; nothing but a stand up sarcophagus with a monitor at head height, a pair of arm holes on either side for controlling the engines and a circular panel of head switches and other controls. All of it wrapped inside an armored cocoon with a small hole to crawl into.

"Well, thats a thing."

You get Feyri back and carry her into the back of the shuttle. The stasis pods look like they're still functional, so you carefully put feyri into one of them; arranging her bits back together as best you can.

"We're gonna get out of this and we're gonna get you back together. Everything is gonna be fine." You say as you close the door on the pod, "Everything is gonna be fine."

"The mist, it's vibrating. And it's kind of hot."
Thomas paused a moment.
"Uh, guys, how are we doing on that evacuation plan?"
Continue watching out for anything bad.

"Oh baby that mist is pretty hot."

Simus, hearing that the HMRC shuttle is righted, gets out of the UWM shuttle and boards the HMRC one, going up to the cockpit and considering how much explosive could be used to safely get the panel off without destroying what's within.

Well, you go back to the ship, but panel is off.

The APC has been torn open and half gutted. The inside is empty; it must have been on it's way back to the team when it got hit.
The apc is empty. No one in it.
((Ah, it's automated. I thought it had a driver.))

"I'm not falling for that again. You won't get a chance to do anything." whispered Flint to himself, paranoia (or wisdom, depending on how you look at it) filling him. No more diplomacy. Action first, words second.

Silently approach the man and try to restrain him. If I get spotted, run to the man and restrain him. If there is no other option, kill him by chisel (or anything else that won't damage the ship). When spotted, say via radio:"Do not try to fight. I'm doing this for your own good. Soon we'll be back on ship where they can help you."

((And the guy turns out to be either a)dead, and I was battling a corpse, b)fine, making the next turn really shocky and awkward for me or c)strapped onto a nuke.))

As you slowly approach the man you notice that he as a monoatomic razor in one hand.

"Can you hear it?" He says over the radio, his voice half lost in static. "They heard it too."

He turns to face you.

"Down there." He twitches the knife back toward the base. "they heard it too. Do you?"

Get onto the hmrc ship, then help out with regaining control of the ship. If the cockpit is too small, get out of Gilgamesh to work on the panel.
This panel is an actual welded-well it was-shut metal panel on the front of the ship. It's not a cockpit. The cockpit for the shuttles has, until now, never been seen or opened by anyone. It's always been flown automatically. For obvious reasons.

And no, you're not gonna be able to get in there with the suit. Come to think of it, you're gonna need to find a way to attach your suit to the shuttle.

"Jim, take a break, I got this.  Simus, uh, explosives are probably a really bad idea."
Use the cutting torch to open a small hole in the panel, then get the monoatomic razor in there and widen the hole until the panel's off.  Then see what's inside and try to figure out what I'll need to do.

Panel's off, mesky boy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12392 on: February 22, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »

Lars looked down the hole.

"So... who can fly this thing?  I'm a priest, not a pilot."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: February 22, 2013, 11:30:59 pm »

"I, uh, might be able to.  I've logged my share of hours into spaceflight simulators almost exactly like this.  Uh, no one have any objections?"
Get in the cockpit and figure out the controls for that sweet, sweet dynamic bonus.  If nobody objects, of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: February 22, 2013, 11:54:49 pm »

"Actually, wait up a moment. We're all put into stasis while the shuttle flies, right? So, we don't know how long the flight is. I mean, it could be months worth of flight."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: February 23, 2013, 12:29:04 am »

Jim listened to the coms chatter for a moment before interjecting. "Well, whoever pilots it might only need to get us out of range of the mist. Once we're out of the atmosphere the computer might be able to take back over, and they can come inside and get in stasis. Of course, if that doesn't appear to be the case, you could always check and see if there's any way to interface my brain - or Simus or Lukas's, for that matter - with the controls. One of us could pilot it, probably for as long as need be." There was no way any of those three could fit into the cockpit, so it would have to be some form of connection like the VR machines. "Anyway, whichever of you is going to attempt it, you'd better move your ass. We don't have all day."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12:31 am »

If it's got a VR-style interface with a direct brain connection, I'm game. Somehow, though, I don't think so. Looks built more for an actual pilot than a braincase.

And I'm no pilot.

((Hey, looks like I've provided a thread title, not by in-character accident.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: February 23, 2013, 01:29:07 am »

"I'd give it a shot, but I'm short of an arm right now. Anyway, let's get all the dead people and almost dead people into stasis. You too Milno, you're looking like shit right now."

Load all the dead people into stasis and help Milno in when he cuts out his rockets.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: February 23, 2013, 02:40:51 am »

"You too Milno, you're looking like shit right now."

"You always look like shit anyway, so I guess that's fine." Milno comments offhandedly "And I'm not getting into stasis until I'm sure shit isn't going to get worse."

Get into the shuttle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:12 am »

Get into the shuttle

"Anything I can help with?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: February 23, 2013, 03:27:08 am »

"Well, I could technically pilot the thing, but I'm afraid I'd be flying by the seat of my pants there, if you know what I mean. And the seat of my pants can be notoriously misleading, as far as I know."

Inspect shuttle for anything suspicious such as sharkmist.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12401 on: February 23, 2013, 06:10:12 am »

Damn, that guy had gone crazy. I wonder how can others go crazy more easily than us? Maybe they give us some kind of shots in the HMRC? Or maybe it's because we're already infected with a different kind of madness. Anyway, I can't call for help, that may aggravate him. I can only hope that the others will hear what I'm saying and come and help me... Who am I kidding, I'm on my own.

Start slowly walking towards the man, remaining just out of reach of his monoatomic razor. Be ready to defend myself with shield and chisel. Non-lethally if possible. As I approach, say the following to distract and/or calm him and hopefully warn my teammates:

"I heard my past haunting me. I heard the screams of the dead, coming back to torment me. I heard the devil, whispering into my ear, driving me crazy. I heard the death of all life in the universe. I heard and heard the grinding, horrible white noise, drilling into my skull until I went deaf and I could hear no more. So if that's what they heard, if that's what you hear, then yes, I heard it too. But we don't need to hear this anymore. All we have to do is leave and we'll be free. Why don't you come with me and my comrades?" said Flint, slowly extending his hand, smiling through his open faceplate. "We'll help you. All will be fine again."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: February 23, 2013, 08:12:37 am »

"I like to think that it's part of my charm, an aquired taste sort of thing. And if you think this is bad, then you should be glad that you didn't see me after I had my second batch of therapy. That shit was nasty man. Now get your ass inside before you die or something, I don't want to go through the effort of hauling your dead ass into a tube by myself with just one arm.

Maybe I should make attachable robotic arms with a mental linkup or something..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: February 23, 2013, 09:10:07 am »

"Now get your ass inside before you die or something, I don't want to go through the effort of hauling your dead ass into a tube by myself with just one arm."

"Mind your own gimped ass, I can take care of mine." Milno simply states as his answer to Bishop's comment before deciding to check something with the group. "Hey, the lemmings who left for the command ship. Speak up, because if you don't then I'll deduce you have silver mist shoved into your everywheres."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: February 23, 2013, 09:43:45 am »

"you're spacing out" "hmm?" "spacing out, you are. They already flipped the shuttle" "Oh, right. It's just, so, beautiful, you know?" "It's a grey alien wasteland wasteland" "alright, beautiful might not be the right word, entrancing then" "just get moving, you freak"

Get inside the hrmc shuttle, inspect surroundings.

"Hey little spoon, how's it going. And how is the old man holding up, I haven't seen him in a while"
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1256