Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939694 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12435 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:30 am »

As Lars closed the door to his pod- decorated with the White Circle of Algis- the sound of singing emanated out from it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:02 am »

((So basically the perfect construction material for any nutjob who wants to build an evangelion or similar homicidal biological weapon. I wonder what would happen if we injected Ivan with that stuff.))
((You'd have to get him to stop brutally murduring us first.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: February 24, 2013, 11:01:13 am »

"Why can't any of these dead people have the common decency of having something of value. Really, the nerve..."

Get podded. dream.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: February 24, 2013, 11:10:59 am »

As Jim puts him in the pod, Milno doesn't struggle - now almost a corpse without the suit's systems to keep him going - but his lips slowly move, forming a few words as he stares at the cyborg.

"...Fuck you too, Jim." he says with a weak smirk before finally diving into the darkness of a long sleep.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: February 24, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »

Thomas walks over to May, taking her hand to walk her inside. Once inside, he drags her into a pod, then takes neighboring one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:01 pm »

Jim makes a smart-ass 'call me' sign with his hand - including a <3 emoticon - to Milno before he drops into stasis-sleep, then goes to help Thomas and May get podded.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:37:37 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: February 24, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

Jim makes a smart-ass 'call me' sign with his hand - including a <3 emoticon - to Milno before he drops him into stasis-sleep and goes to help Thomas and May get podded.
((FTFY...?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: February 24, 2013, 01:25:10 pm »

(Nope, it's correct. The 'he' in 'before he' is Milno. If I wrote it as
Jim makes a smart-ass 'call me' sign with his hand - including a <3 emoticon - to Milno before Milno drops into stasis-sleep
it would have the same meaning, but it would look and read like garbage. :P I suppose I could have said something else like 'his teammate' or 'his fellow Bastard' or something similar.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12443 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:56 pm »

((Yeah, it's ambiguous there. I'm not sure what the rules for this are, but I read it as you dropping into stasis - which doesn't make sense given the rest of the sentence, so it's kind of an inferred meaning here.

Now that I look at it again, I'm not sure if there's a better way to handle it here, but - aha, maybe a comma after "stasis-sleep"? It'd break up the sentence into the logical parts.. ?))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:34:04 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: February 24, 2013, 01:36:15 pm »

(English can be like that at times, especially the way I speak it. :3 I usually go the least verbose route to keep things as clear as possible, though.

@Ninja-edit: Yeah, that might have helped. It's rare for me to forget to place a comma like that. >.< Also, ", then" instead of ", and" reads better given the previous sentence structure.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:38:30 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: February 24, 2013, 02:05:23 pm »

((@GrammarDiscussion: I also think the lack of a "him" actually is a bit strange. It isn't impossible to understand the situation, but still makes things less clear. I guess.

And yes, comma got things done better.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: February 24, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

(Honestly, I really don't see it as being that unclear. I mean, what the hell, you guys? O.o Milno is in a stasis pod. Jim is not. Nowhere in the post does it insinuate Jim is going to get into stasis - in fact, it says he's going to go help two other people get into stasis, which would completely preclude him getting into stasis since he clearly cannot do that once he is in stasis. As Milno is in stasis, the only thing he can do is go to sleep. So let me rewrite this scenario slightly. If I say "Jim tucks Milno into bed, then turns off the lights before he goes to sleep" do you guys immediately think 'he' is Jim or Milno? If you connect 'he' to 'Jim' - at all - then you have some reading comprehension problems, I'm sorry to say. >.<)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: February 24, 2013, 02:39:34 pm »

(Honestly, I really don't see it as being that unclear. I mean, what the hell, you guys? O.o Milno is in a stasis pod. Jim is not. Nowhere in the post does it insinuate Jim is going to get into stasis - in fact, it says he's going to go help two other people get into stasis, which would completely preclude him getting into stasis since he clearly cannot do that once he is in stasis. As Milno is in stasis, the only thing he can do is go to sleep. So let me rewrite this scenario slightly. If I say "Jim tucks Milno into bed, then turns off the lights before he goes to sleep" do you guys immediately think 'he' is Jim or Milno? If you connect 'he' to 'Jim' - at all - then you have some reading comprehension problems, I'm sorry to say. >.<)
((Um, you sure you're not forgetting proper phrasing here? "Jim tucks Milno into bed, then turns off the lights before he falls asleep" I could very well interpret mainly as Milno, but "going to sleep" is synonymous with "heading off to sleep", which would imply an action taken by someone who isn't in bed - i.e. Jim. So no, bad example there, methinks.

That, or English syntax sucks. :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: February 24, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »

(It's either the latter or my local dialect. :P 'Going to sleep' is what we say around here and it's the phrasing I'm used to. So, maybe a bad example on a global scale...)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: February 24, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »

((Full-bodies don't use stasis, if I'm remembering correctly, right?))

Simus assists Jim with getting the others into their pods as quickly as possible.

Flint, there's probably no reward for getting that shuttle other than having your own way off, you know.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1256