Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937867 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11460 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »

Private Channel to Flint:

You really should take Jim much more seriously. There was another guy, a complete psychopath. Thought everyone was planning to kill him from the get-go or something, and later on, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim wasn't the only one disgruntled with him. He'd gotten a mobile gun platform and programmed it to defend him, without specifying terms of lethality. A probably slightly more stable team member did something to set it off. Shot, in the head, by an automatic high-powered gauss rifle. The doctors are good, but when the brain is so much paste splattered on the wall...

Anyways, that's when Jim decided to step in and remove the threat. He waited until the guy was in VR, with his robot protecting him. Thing is, the robot can't tell where an attack from an amp is coming from. Jim vaporized him, his robot, and purely by accident, my entire right side, not that there was much for me to lose. Point being, don't piss off Jim to the point where he considers you a major liability to the team, because those psychokinetic amps of his are much more dangerous than you make them out to be.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: January 16, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »

"Yeah, that last mission was... Brutal. I won't go into the details, but the term I would personally use to describe it would be 'bowel-clenching horror'."

"This reminds m, I still have one of those Timmy Tears lying in my locker. Not sure what I'll so with it, though throwing it out of an airlock would probably be the smartest thing to do."

"Doesn't matter what you do with it, we're screwed anyhow really. Remeber that that guy used like 3 of them and pissed of shadow Tommy so much he vaporized him. Now the scientists on ship have like 10 of the damn things which they're probably prodding around the clock."

Pancaek suddenly pictures the horrible picture of shadow Tommy: pulsing with rage, slowly, surely, drifting trough space towards the ship.
"That day will be an awful, blood filled day." "for once, we agree."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11462 on: January 16, 2013, 04:21:13 pm »

"Just a friendly tip, from one man to another, don't ever use alien artifacts unless you absolutely no choice. Also don't anger shiva."
"Sound advice." Coming from a probable madman.
"This reminds me, I still have one of those Timmy Tears lying in my locker. Not sure what I'll so with it, though throwing it out of an airlock would probably be the smartest thing to do."
"You can always keep it as a last resort, in the event you" Flint knocked twice on a nearby solid surface "are about to die. Turn yourself into steel. Explode your enemy. Hell, explode yourself. If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang my agent used to tell me, he he he." And it looks like I followed her advice, since I ended up here.
-advice-
Private:"I... Thanks for the tip. I guess." Flint was too proud to openly admit that the woman was right.
Hmmm... Jim protected his teammates from a madman (a bit overzealous but still). Maybe he wasn't so bad after all? Time would tell. But for now he was still keeping an eye on him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:23:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: January 16, 2013, 04:50:29 pm »

"I'm only in a teamkilling mood when someone does something truly stupid and jeopardizes not only the mission but the lives of his or her allies."
*coughexplodedthehospitalcough*

Jim replayed the audio in his platform's memory banks a few times to make sure he had heard the man correctly, what remained of his head tilted slightly to the side. "I meant on purpose. If YOU had been the one to open the doors and accidentally trigger a trap, I wouldn't have held it against you. Now, if anyone present had rigged up that trap and decided not to bother telling anyone else it was there until it had already went off, and it had hurt or killed a teammate..."

He turned back to the hospital. "I wasn't expecting a bunch of medics to have explosives lying around their hospital. I'll keep an eye out in the future."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:17 pm »

Turn on light amps. Read the note on the sign, next to the dead bodies.
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: January 16, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »

"Worth is measured by how useful you are to your team during missions. Jim has always been useful." Milno stated bluntly through the public comms. "And to anyone still tending to thoughts of slaughter, remember you can always kill each other back at the ship, but during a mission, not being a goddamn shithead and getting things done is your priority."

"In short: get the mission done first, always."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:16:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: January 16, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

"Amen, Saint Milno!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: January 16, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »

Keep looking around. Be competant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:38 pm »

Feyri thought of inserting the idea that the tournament was still, technically open to the others but decided against saying it to the rest. Everyone needed less mention of probable injury at the moment, she thought as she said something else.

"You know, if the front door and most of the entrance is destroyed - yes, I believe the ICU and any important facilities designed for stat testing, meaning the true on-site emergency areas - are also gone.

"Err, has anyone noticed anything with the Hospital? I mean, its mostly of open area with narrow corridors holding individual or public wards. Hopefully, we haven't hit their laboratories."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:53 am »

Feyri, I doubt that that explosion would've destroyed the emergency facilities. More designed to attempt to kill or deter anyone attempting to access the hospital, not demolish a massive part of the structure. The ICUs are probably even better off than that, since they are likely further back. And the labs and testing areas are most likely further towards the back as well. Those three make sense to be grouped together.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11470 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:02 am »

Team A and C

Jim turned to look at the group. "Everyone OK? And is anyone else getting sick of traps and explosions to the face?" he asked, the second somewhat bitterly. He turned back to the hospital. "Listen up, you old, lab-coat wearing, four-eyed, nerdy bastards! I'm coming in there to evacuate you, and if you don't like it I have two very large fists you'll be meeting very soon! So give up and hustle on out here before I'm forced to come in there after you and rip your arms off!" Muttering to himself, Jim looked around for some stairs down, figuring people would hole up in a defensible position like a basement level.
You walk back into the hospital and over to a little map table thing.

Hmm, judging by the map ...Labs might be a good place to hole up.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Anyone hurt, need to be glued back together?  ...Am I hurt?"
Damage check.
Everyone seems fine. Slightly sooty, but fine.
((Aww yeah, perfect 5 Will roll.))

Well, that was mildly irritating. Now I've got to sort my stuff back out again. Apart from that, this... phase suit, for lack of a better name, seems to work quite well.

Reequip everything and sort through the datachip again.

You get all your stuff back and start reading again. Hmm, Well that Mining report is just talking about scans of deeper rock showing "Anomalous cavern structures". The financial statements show a great amount of money coming in from an anonymous source.  The other papers are records about everything from increased mining operations, hiring of "Outside professionals" for use in the police and mining areas, and of the mayor's increasingly expensive tastes.

'Well, that's why I bought it after all. To protect my, and by proxy, your shiny non-metal asses.
Anyway, everydody alright? How about you Feyri, you sure your suit didn't get ruptured? Hey Jim, would you mind quickly checking Feyri's suit for possible tears or the like?

Oh,and if nobody has a problem with it, I think I'll take point from now on. There still might be more traps.

Start going into the hospital. Try to find a map of the place somewhere inside, and look for the lowest level.
You read the map with Jim.

Name:Flint/Doesn't need Miyamoto's ass/Got his own metal ass - Team C - Blown up building. Again.

Well, this place is no longer calm and undisturbed. I guess the HMRC has that effect on places. "COULD YOU PLEASE, CHECK THE BLOODY DOORS BEFORE OPENING THEM? I GOT HIT BY A GIANT FREAKING METAL PIECE OF SHRAPNEL! IN THE FACE! I COULD HAVE FUCKING DIED!" First the government buildings, then the police station, now the hospital. Why did every place that could have significant information ended up exploding? "AND COULD YOU MAYBE, JUST FOR ONCE TRY NOT TO BLOW UP EVERY BUILDING THAT MAY HOLD IMPORTANT INFO? SOME OF US HAVE A PSYCHOLOGICAL NEED TO HURT THE UWM IN ORDER TO ATONE FOR THEIR PRECEIVED MISTAKES, FORGIVE THEMSELVES AND COME TO TERM WITH THEIR PAST!" As the buzzing in his ears from the explosion died down Flint realized he was yelling, partly because he couldn't hear himself but mostly because he was angry.
@Jim:"Hey! You! Roboboy! Calm. The fuck. Down. I don't know how you managed to survive the previous missions (barely I would guess, judging from the current state of your body, or to be more precise your lack of body) but if you don't stop yelling threats and start taking it slow, I'm going to come over there and break those synthetic legs of yours and force you to take it slow! Capiche?" Who talks like that? "Capiche"? Must be from that mafia movie...

Move towards the building and inspect the damage. See if there's any part of the building that is not damaged.
Looks like just the lobby was damaged. Must have been either a small or at least directed explosion.

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

Feyri groaned to signify her being still alive as she picked herself up. "Knew there was a trap. The front door is always trapped. And yet we still don't learn!

"They didn't even plant mines in the grass!"

Check for anything around that I could use as a shield.

Then, if possible, Equip Gauss Rifle and then check the area for shooters//flamethrower emplacements.

"They might have bioweapons! Watch out for oxygen tanks!"

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

You find something you can use as a shield. Specifically the shield you already have in your hand. As per gun emplacement, flame thrower nests and the like, the lobby seems clear.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Explodium Memorial Hospital.

"Dang, Big Spoon, sticking with you is probably the best idea I've had today! Is there anything that suit of yours can't do? Well, except go through a door without causing mass destruction. But I digress."

Pocket the grass and examine the ruins of the hospital. Anything... striking about them?

"Now, I can see three ways this could possibly go. One, they think we're all dead and come right out. Two, they know that that couldn't have killed everyone and come out. With flamethrowers. Three, they're all dead or gone. Which one do you think it is?"

You wander into the wreckage, kicking bits of debris out of the way as you go. The lobby is striking only in how completely trashed it is now. The only things still standing are a check in desk and a map thing. Everything else is either in burnt pieces, small pieces, or small, burnt pieces.

"Praise be the shiny ass of our savior, hallelujah. Also, called it."
"What, are you happy you called it? you worthless psychopath"
"And frakking hell Flint, don't scream into the comms for something like that, you're in an armored suit for feth's sake. Also, threatening Jim, uncalled for and potentially deadly. If you're gonna start a pissing match, try to pick your targets more carefully, yeah?"

He turns to Miyamoto
"So what's the order for when we encounter lifeforms? Shoot on sight?"

Follow behind Miyamoto into the hospital, Look around for anything dangerous or interesting

Dangerous:Everyone of your teammates
Interesting:....Well, You're here.

Team B and D

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"After we're done here, we'll move back to regroup with the other teams." Milno said.

Check the sign.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

The placard is basically an image of a rather lovely looking garden or park area with a small paragraph explaining how they buried their dead in this garden and grew plants here both as a memorial and as a way of supplementing their oxygen supply. The much less permanent looking sign says that the graveyard is full and that all bodies from this point on will be temporarily stored in the mines.   

((Nooo!  Praise be to Algis, whose shielding hands protect us unceasingly!))

"May Steve have mercy on their souls..."

Brother Lars begins examining the grounds for any clues, including the big obvious sign if no one else reads it.

You read the signs with Milno

[Team B Albino = May]

"That's a lot of dead people. Better do what they taught me in flight school.

Blast ominous music over speakers to frighten any bad guys or zombies away.
You blast "Flight of the Valkyries" and run around going "Budabudabuda" until the bullet hole in your stomach aches too much to keep going.

Keep looking around. Be competant.
HEHEHE
I'm sorry, I just found the fact that "Competent" is misspelled to be so amazingly ironic...god it's late.

You look at the sign with milno and sort of wander around. You don't really see anything out of the ordinary....all things considered.

((Sorry, extremely busy these days))

Team D - Lukas - Graveyard

Lukas activates his lights and starts exploring the graveyard to see if he can find anything out of the...uhm...ordinary

Nothing here but a lot of bodies. A lot....a lot of bodies.

Stay in cover outside the door and scan the room with my motion sensors, covering both teams and ready to fire. Make sure to alert them if I see anything strange show up on my sensors.

Nothing strange. Nothing nothing. Quiet as a grave.

((Sounds like they might have already sweeped the whole thing? Other than inspecting that sign, I guess.))

Team D Leader Faith, Giant Corpse Bin

"...well, I guess I'm not really sure what I was expecting. That they had cremated most of the dead after this thing broke out, I suppose."

If there's any more graveyard to explore, start doing so. If not, head back to the hospital.

You spin on your heel and wander back out to the elevator, waiting for your team to follow.

Turn on light amps. Read the note on the sign, next to the dead bodies.
You read the sign with milno.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: January 17, 2013, 04:10:12 am »

"I'd say we check this place thouroughly. Gonna do the cafeteria first."

Go inside the cafeteria, look around with normal and heat vision.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: January 17, 2013, 04:49:06 am »

"Ooohhh, I hope we'd find an Administration office here. Medical reports and all of the people. Very confidenti-...I'm really suspecting they burned it, or are going to do so with the sound of that explosion.

"Hey! Wait, don't hospitals usually have an...err, speaker system announced from the front desk or something? The one that usually calls attention to the different areas of the hospital and their related departments?"

Find any broadcasting device which can transmit our intentions to anyone in the hospital without us physically being there.

In other words, find the radio, or what they use to call attention here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11473 on: January 17, 2013, 05:18:13 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Lobby

As Flint inspected the hospital, which seemed mostly fine (apart from the exploded lobby), and his teammates, who also seemed mostly fine (apart from the craziness), he realized he had overreacted a bit. Still, Jim had rushed to the hospital without making any checks and seemed to treat himself as if he were invincible. He'd keep an eye on him, if only to protect the rest from his overconfidence.

"As always, I'm going to try to stay at the back and see if there's any info on this desk, since this mining suit won't help us make any friends. The blueshirts on the third floor got their explosives from a miner they killed. I won't be surprised if the same happened here. If you get into trouble, scream and I'll be right there."

Check the check-in desk for admission records (either in a book if they're old fashioned or in a computer/datapad), which will hopefully give me some info about the progress or origin of the disease of the disease. (for example first patient admitted with red cough symptoms or number of patients admitted per week or when admissions stopped and the doctors just started killing everybody)

"I've also got this shield right here if anyone with superhuman strength wants to explore more safely."

Give the shield to anyone who asks for it.

"Also, keep an eye out for any drugs we can use. They must have probably spent it all trying to cure this thing, but there may still be some left. We may need them if any of us start dying."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:21:28 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: January 17, 2013, 05:23:57 am »

Feyri examined her shield- if it was still in workable condition and any fractures or splintered portions.

"Could I try that shield, Flint?"
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1256