Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938166 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11445 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:58 am »

"Praise be the shiny ass of our savior, hallelujah. Also, called it."
"What, are you happy you called it? you worthless psychopath"
"And frakking hell Flint, don't scream into the comms for something like that, you're in an armored suit for feth's sake. Also, threatening Jim, uncalled for and potentially deadly. If you're gonna start a pissing match, try to pick your targets more carefully, yeah?"

He turns to Miyamoto
"So what's the order for when we encounter lifeforms? Shoot on sight?"

Follow behind Miyamoto into the hospital, Look around for anything dangerous or interesting

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11446 on: January 16, 2013, 07:45:39 am »

((Well, I'm not going to attack because a)It doesn't go with my character, (he mostly yells and threatens but doesn't do much about it) b)Jim could probably kick Flint's ass c)If the dice rolled to my favor, I would be forced to kill you, since as long as Jim has eyes and brain he can attack, and I like Jim's character too much to do that. My character on the other hand...))

Flint boiled with anger and quickly made an attack plan His leg is limping. All attacks should take advantage of that. First throw the shield at him as a distraction. It is heavy and doesn't offer protection against magic. Then use the flamethrower and start moving sideways. It will blind him, offer me protection and maybe even hurt his electronics through the holes in his armor. Then use the laser to hit him if he has managed to dodge all other attacks. Finally move in for the killing blow. Sweep his limping leg if he's not down already. A thrust in the chest with the chisel should end him.

However Flint didn't attempt to do that. He took a deep breath. Don't give in to your anger. He took a second deep breath and clenched his fists. A fight here would do no good. A bit calmer and after hearing his teammates and seeing that nobody was hurt he said:"Fine! I'm not going to fight you here. But don't think I'm afraid of your magic. I've got my eye on you. And if you keep being rash and endangering the team I AM going to do something about it." Flint then continued his search, hoping to take his mind off of this and calm down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:52 am »

Jim sighed and relaxed slightly. "Good, because I'm not in a team-killing mood. Can we agree to just get this mission over with as quickly as possible, and if you still have a problem with me when we're done, we can take it up on the ship where we won't endanger the rest of the team and possibly civilians?" he said.

(Glad to hear all of that, partially because I absolutely hate fighting other players for little reason. XD TBH I kind of favor Flint as well. He feels real as a character.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: January 16, 2013, 08:01:01 am »

((Ayup, real character. Don't take anything we say IC as against yer char Parisbre. You make it great :P))

"Or, we could just...well, you know, have a friendly competition to see who saved more lives than the other. I believe you men can do that, right?" Feyri interrupted, tapping them by the shoulder - and on tiptoe for the taller one - "I mean, who knows? More tokens."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: January 16, 2013, 08:44:02 am »

((I, for one, think you're doing a splendid job, Paris. way better than me.))

"Not afraid of magic? you're not afraid of magic?!"
Pancaek starts laughing,wheezing after a while, out of breath. until he suddenly calms down and gets a serious look.
"Magic is why I'm still here, boy. Magic is why we lost two teammates last mission, so don't you frakking say you don't believe in magic. Not even as a joke or to seem tough."

"You should show him some magic, maybe the next time he tries the save a child? nice and crispy, eh?"
"screw you fethhead, I'm not a monster, not like you!"
"you forget, I am YOU..."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:39 am »

On a private channel to Feyri: 'thanks for defusing that one. I almost feel like a goddamn kindergarden teacher at times.

'How about, trying to reason with them first? In fact, our rules of engagement are not to shoot untill absolutely neccesary.'

"Good, because I'm not in a team-killing mood.
'So wait, you're saying that you sometimes are in a team-killing mood? Yikes, remind me not to anger you when you are.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: January 16, 2013, 09:16:21 am »

Jim sighed again. "I'm only in a teamkilling mood when someone does something truly stupid and jeopardizes not only the mission but the lives of his or her allies. And even then I'm only going to just break their spine, which can easily be replaced back on the ship and stops them from screwing everyone else over. So no. I don't kill my teammates unless there is literally no other option. I at least make an attempt to hold myself to a higher standard." Although sometimes it feels like forces beyond my control compel me to do odd things... "Anyway, Team A, those orders are good. Here's my version: only fire if fired upon, and go for the legs if you do have to shoot."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:23 am »

'How about, trying to reason with them first? In fact, our rules of engagement are not to shoot untill absolutely neccesary.'

"That was a joke, relax."
"was it really?"
"It's hard getting sarcasm across through these helmets, maybe we need a sign or something"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:29 am »

"Body language, Pancaek. Usually, people do the...little details to denote they're being humorous. All I see is a blank faceplate, but you don't need to see my expression - unlike now - to tell I was joking about Flint's talent at catching flying debris right?" Feyri said as she turned towards the man, gesturing an OK sign to emphasize his point.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: January 16, 2013, 09:31:20 am »

"wait, that was a joke? Because I though catching a piece of debris with his face was pretty awesome and skillful. I mean last time I caught a piece of debris I was bleeding to death.
"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:34:59 am by Pancaek »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: January 16, 2013, 09:33:10 am »

Feyri broadly smiled at Pan's reaction, "I think you just got the joke."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11456 on: January 16, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"After we're done here, we'll move back to regroup with the other teams." Milno said.

Check the sign.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11457 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:28 pm »

((Thanks. In fact I was a bit worried that maybe I acted too much or bothered people, so double thanks. I believe that love, conflict and inescapable suffering caused by forces much more powerful than the hero always made a great story. (Except when you do it too much. Then you get a soap opera.) That's why I got an old character, so I can fit him with a lot of baggage and have some room to add in universe knowledge or stuff from his past as I think of them. Plus, like any grumpy old man, he gives me the opportunity to give people nicknames and criticize everyone while doing nothing about it. :P Think of Statler and Waldorf from the muppet show.))
"Or, we could just...well, you know, have a friendly competition to see who saved more lives than the other. I believe you men can do that, right?" Feyri interrupted, tapping them by the shoulder - and on tiptoe for the taller one - "I mean, who knows? More tokens."
"Well, in that case I won't get much tokens since I always seem to rescue lone stragglers while others get the groups. But I guess this suit should make up for it if I'm allowed to keep it. It should be worth a lot of tokens and if I can't sell it I can always organize a match of competitive debris face catching."

"Now that I think about it, how come no one tried to get the third mining suit from the first level? I thought the HMRC was all for looting."

"I'm only in a teamkilling mood when someone does something truly stupid and jeopardizes not only the mission but the lives of his or her allies."
*coughexplodedthehospitalcough*
"Not afraid of magic? you're not afraid of magic?!"
Pancaek starts laughing,wheezing after a while, out of breath. until he suddenly calms down and gets a serious look.
"Magic is why I'm still here, boy. Magic is why we lost two teammates last mission, so don't you frakking say you don't believe in magic. Not even as a joke or to seem tough."
"Hubris has caused the death of many powerful people Spoonman." Although I guess I'm also guilty of hubris aren't I? Winning the fight against Roboboy would have been difficult. "Trust me, arrogance is the magic users' greatest weakness."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: January 16, 2013, 02:21:48 pm »

"Hubris has caused the death of many powerful people Spoonman." "Trust me, arrogance is the magic users' greatest weakness."

"Well, yes, it's A weakness. I believe the greatest weakness is the magic itself though, toying with things they don't understand.
"like you did?" "you know I had no choice" "you could've simply died"
"Like Tommy, who got vaporized by that alien artifact he used, or that other guy who got vaporized by Tommy after using those artifacts, you shoud've been there man.
Just a friendly tip, from one man to another, don't ever use alien artifacts unless you absolutely no choice. Also don't anger shiva."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

"Yeah, that last mission was... Brutal. I won't go into the details, but the term I would personally use to describe it would be 'bowel-clenching horror'."

An image came rushing back to Miyamoto as he said that. The image of that hunterbot, coming for him even though half his spine was melting, coming to kill him no matter what would happen to it... Uncaring, without remorse, murder the only thing it was created for.

"This reminds m, I still have one of those Timmy Tears lying in my locker. Not sure what I'll so with it, though throwing it out of an airlock would probably be the smartest thing to do."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:47:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1256