Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942569 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10545 on: December 09, 2012, 04:23:14 pm »

((You could ask. The worst you might end up with is a rebuttal concerning experience with explosives, depending on how you phrase it.

Also, civilian weapons means to me, right now, spare parts and ammo. Take a few of the rifles, for example, combine the gauss coils, and possibly end up with a macgyvered rifle that fires smaller bullets than our normal gauss rifles, but at significantly higher velocity.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: December 09, 2012, 06:01:49 pm »

Grab a couple of boxes of evidence and throw them out the window. Assist Bishop in flying us the hell out of here by letting him fly us the hell out of here.

"Well, down we go again again hey? I'm chucking a few evidence boxes out the window, so watch out. It might be handy for command, or it might give a few of these poor pricks the reprieve they want. "

"Command: do you want any evidence boxes detailing whatever these pricks got up to before it all went to hell?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:06:05 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: December 09, 2012, 07:27:29 pm »

"Alright Simus, I'm going to check and see if there's anything behind here. Take a look at whatever's on those datapads, will you?"

Check behind the mysterious basement door with the bloodstain leading up to it. Keep the manipulator out just in case.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: December 09, 2012, 07:44:51 pm »

Will do once I'm done with this rocket launcher and taking complete inventory here. Once you're done in there, we'll head to the center building, same deal. Then, I want to see what I did to the building on the right in detail.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10549 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »

Team A and B
((Doesn't seem very reasonable, what with the HE material rigged to the doors and the fact we don't know exactly how powerful the explosion is.))

[Team B Leader=Milno; Now with teams C and D]

Milno ignored the drama and tapped the big guy's shoulder. "Hey, they want to destroy a booby-trapped door for some reason. I suggest we move away."

"Also, do you know if the path connecting the prison and the back of the police building is blocked? We could try to try that way to take you to the rest of the blueshirts. I think the front side isn't our best bet."

Go through the doorway and start to walk a goood distance away with the guy to avoid a possible explosion. Talk to him.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You lead the man out of the police station plaza and down the hall a bit while talking to him.

"There is no passage from the police station to the Prison from there. The back doors in the Police station lead to the cold case evidence storage area under the building.

"Hey, uh, May? Do you wanna head on in with the team? Or do you want to y'know, go back to the ship?"
Lead May back to the group,

You help May walk back to the group.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hold still, Jim.  I know almost exactly what I think needs to be done to fix you."
Do fixy stuff to Jim.

[aux:1+1+1]

You stick your hands into jim's gaping wound and are about to start cutting wires and splicing things when the rare voice of restraint kicks in and you pull your hands back.

"I dunno if I can do this. I mean, I think I can but I might mess up. You sure you're ok with that, Jimmy boy? I don't want my spine broken again."

Jim, surprisingly given what he's witnessed of Mesk's techniques for 'repairing' humans, allows the man to attempt to fix him.

Mesk seems a little hesitant to work on you. Well.. you did break him in half twice now.

Grab the rocket launcher and examine it and its ammo (if there's any left), and see how much of what weapons and ammo is in the pile. Also grab the datapads and put them away.

Civvie grade stuff for the most part, but I've no real choice...

The rocket launcher is a very primitive thing, just a metal tube with a handle to hold while you rest it on your shoulder. It doesn't even have a trigger. It looks like the rockets themselves, judging by the one left in the launcher have to be physically lit with a fuse.

There are 7 rifles and 10 pistols, each only with as much ammo as is left in them.

Keep looking for weapons in other areas, including the basement area if I saw it.
PW:  Did you miss my action?  You quoted it but didn't do anything.  I ask because Simus and I appear to be after the same rocket launcher.

I guess I did  miss your post. Sometimes, thanks to all the quoting, it gets kind of hard to tell where someone's post ends and when they're just being quoted by someone else.

There aren't any weapons left in the above ground levels of the building, so you check out the basement. It's mostly empty, looks to have been  used for storage, however there is something down here. Bodies, mostly women, with a man two. They're chained to shelving units  which are in turn bolted to the floor. They're all or at least mostly naked. And each has a single bullet hole in their head.

The blood that has pooled around them is still flowing and their bodies are still warm.

"Alright Simus, I'm going to check and see if there's anything behind here. Take a look at whatever's on those datapads, will you?"

Check behind the mysterious basement door with the bloodstain leading up to it. Keep the manipulator out just in case.
You follow Lars and find the same thing he finds.

Team C and D

((You win this round, McDude. You won't stop my ghoulish tendencies forever, though!))

Team D Leader Faith, Fortress Courtyard

Faith cleared her throat and shifted a bit.

"Yes, well, I find it hard to believe they'd get much worse than starving to death or getting shot in the face. I suppose an elaborate death sentence via being shoveled into a wartorn plague-hole isn't out of the question, though.

Speaking of which..." she trailed off, more interested in stalling a moment than anything in particular. "...what do you know about what happened topside and what's happening below? We found these mining suits still guarding areas, and a lot of people butchered with a rigged up mining laser, and Sterilization was leaking fatal amounts of radiation. You know anything about all that?"

She then switched over to Command for a moment.

"By the way, Command? You have dibs on all these guys, or could we snag one as an assistant?"

Talk to McDude. Talk to Command. Don't get raped.
You follow milno down the hall with the man.

"Send them up, do not take them with you"

"Deepers." He says, tapping your exoskeleton. "Miners who tried to enforce the quarantine. They closed off the coms and hangers, wiped out a group trying to escape. They said that preventing the spread of the disease was much more important then the survival of one colony."

He shrugs.

"Miners always were sticklers for regulation. In a job like that if you aren't you just end up dead."

'To all the teammembers inside, clear the ground floor, me and Lucas are going in.

C'mon Lucas, shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.

Go stand at a safe distance from the door, enter once Lucas is in.

You stand back. Well back. A good way down the hall type of well back.

"Top floor is clear of hostiles. They are definately downstairs somewhere. I'll be down in a sec with everyone up here, so wait until we're clear.

Watch out for the explosion when you blow that door, it could be bigger than you realise."

Grab everyone on the top floor and get them out a window and onto the ground. Then drag them behind the entry door and take cover from the impeding explosion.
You run, grab sambo as he loots boxes from the evidence room, and then jet down to the ground and into the hall, flying a good way back. You'd rather look silly being far away then dead being close.

'To all the teammembers inside, clear the ground floor, me and Lucas are going in.

To Miyamoto: "Got it, Big Spoon. Private Girly Name vacating ground floor ASAP. Wait until I'm out and in a safe location. Over and out."

Leave the ground floor through holding cell window. Run along to the door we used to enter this part of the floor and take cover. Make sure Pancaek is not left behind in horrible peril as well.

You grab pancaek and drag him and yourself about half way down the hall that leads to the Police station.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Fortress of Doom, 1st floor, Main Hall
C'mon Lucas, shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.

Oh crap. Flint thought quickly. The door was probably going to blow up. The people here had hidden further inside the building because they considered it safe. This door here led further into the building. So it should be safe. Unless it's booby trapped too. And that door is also directly opposite the main door. And explosions are magnified in close spaces. This suit can barely run. But it is also built to withstand those kind of conditions. What to do?

"I can't get out in time. I'll take cover with our blueshirt 'friends' here."

Run through the doors with my shield up yelling:"Don't shoot! UWM rescue team! We offer amnesty! We mean you no harm! Door exploding! Take cover!" Run as far away from the main door as I deem necessary and take cover from the explosion behind the nearest wall or column. Use the shield to protect me from any shooters or debris.

You run to the back doors an find them barred or locked. You pound on them a few times but get no response. You swear to yourself and huddle in a nearby room, holding the shield over yourself.

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

Keep the datapad.

Feyri twiddled her fingers against the rifle stock as she pinged Teams A and B over the comms, making a broadcast, "The riots. It all starts with a song.

"A song of revolution against the Governors, Gov-sec as written in this datapad I found. Thievery of food - supplies being low, I presume this is the cause of the deaths in Water Production. Protests, followed by rallies over time, they were burning effigies in the usual manner, I suppose. Report didn't state what they symbolized though. Oh, and missing people.

"Then followed by splintering forces, people forming their own gangs led by local warlords in the lower levels. Smells like anarchy, and the need to control the men in prison, then it ends. The report just cuts off from th-"

Her comms shifted in the static to several other transmissions, most of which she heard only half-way, taking in...these two.

'To all the teammembers inside, [*...] shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.
"*dramatic [*..*-]voice* No! I will [*-_..*] talk to them, to save those stupid thugs. I'm sorry boss but I'm staying here. This is a risk I HAVE to take."

"...What just happened. DON'T BLOW UP THE MAIN DOOR!"

Scramble out the window, pulling Jobasio along with me and seeing Pancaek and Stacy safe first! Throw any stragglers back through first, then land afterwards using my shield to break the fall if I fall...badly.

Find cover, and scout the outside for any sign of signs of people resembling that which was in the report other than what was in Team A and B's squad.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

You proceed to grab any and everyone who is left on your level (besides Flint) and drag them outside and down the hall, screaming

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!" the whole time.

Grab a box of evidence. Assist Bishop in flying us the hell out of here by letting him fly us the hell out of here.

You grab a box of evidence and allow yourself to be yanked out a window and down a hall.

Team D - Lukas - PD

"Finally!", Lukas exclaims in a weird voice. "Just let me know when everyone is ready and I'll pull the trigger."

Wait for everyone except for suicidal lunatics to get out and into cover, then the door with sniper particle gun"
(Here's the thing, you've been training your gun on that door so long that you have like +3 modifier to it now so, you're pretty much getting a 5 regardless so I'm not even gonna roll.)

You finally get the chance to fire, so you do, putting a single round right into the door's center. It's hard to tell what happens next; The aster-ex shouldn't have gone of on it's own just from being shot. Perhaps the round released some sort of nascent electrical charge that set it off, or maybe the door and charge survived just long enough to be triggered by the shock of the shot. Regardless, the effects are the same.

Lukas, who was standing in the plaza dangerously close to the blast, is lifted and thrown a good 20 feet into the wall, his metal body studded with embedded shrapnel. Everyone in the hall is promptly thrown to the ground by the shock wave being funneled down the hall and miyamoto, the one nearest the entrance to the plaza, takes several chunks of shrapnel to the back.

Flint, still hiding in the building, survives, however his shield is bent down around him, melting to the wall behind him and basically entombing him in a shroud of metal.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: December 09, 2012, 08:15:24 pm »

"Mesk, I'm not going to break your spine if you fail at something I asked you to do. Just do whatever the hell it is you need to do to fix these legs so I'm not dragging myself around for the rest of the mission."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: December 09, 2012, 08:20:53 pm »

Anyone got something I can use to crack open this rocket casing? The thing's useless unless someone has a lighter, but depending on what the explosive compound inside it, I might be able to make use of it, even if it's just a minor amount of Aster-EX.

Request something to open the rocket with with, unload all of the pistols and rifles, including the one given to me by the civvie leader upstairs. Take count of ammunition and consolidate magazines. Take a second pistol, in addition to the one given to me by the civvie leader, put full magazines in both, if possible, and get two spare magazines, if possible. Take one rifle, load with a full magazine, and take two spare rifle magazines, if possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »

"It's possible I can use my microwave amplifier to fill the same function as a lighter, whatever you need that for. Or I might be able to break open the casing with my hands or my manipulation amp," Jim suggested over coms. "Up to you if you want me to try anything, and you'll have to bring it to me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »

Using his wristpad, Kyle started on a private message.

"Hey Milno, I'm checking out the basement of one of the more intact buildings, and a bunch of people here were executed shortly before we arrived. Could you ask that guy you brought along why these people were killed?

Search the basement for a clue as to why these people might have been executed. Then head back up to Simus and look through the datapads.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: December 09, 2012, 08:40:59 pm »

This thing uses a fuse as a trigger. Light the fuse on the rocket and wait for it to launch. If we wanted to preserve an incredibly crude rocket, I would at least want to replace the fuse with one of my detonators, but I'd need to open the rocket up to do that anyways, and this thing is so makeshift that honestly, harvesting the explosive would be better.

And really, I'd rather a cutting implement to break this open, whatever it uses for fuel and/or explosive compound may be shock-sensitive, and I can be fairly sure that the fuel, at least, is temperature sensitive, since it's fuse-lit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: December 09, 2012, 08:43:23 pm »

"Doesn't Thomas have a razor? You should ask him if he can help."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:19 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ok, sure.  I guess.  Hold still."
Mesk shrugs, then gets back to work.  After a second he pauses and blinks a few times.
"Woah... that was weird.  Like... I was about to do something, then something inside of me made me stop.  Weird.  Whatever.  Probably just self preservation or something."
Let's try this again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: December 09, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno received Kyle's transmission and narrowed his eyes. "I think those may have been killed while we were trying to negotiate, most likely."

Turning to the man, Milno relayed Kyle's question:
"The people in the basement. When and why they were killed? Also, you should try diplomacy once again after getting close to the passage to the levels below, now that the building is basically rubble."

"Oh, and do the blueshirts here also have the same setup as back there? The basement full of people, that is."

Stand up if needed. Ask questions to the man, take him forward once again to try shouting for the other guys' surrender.
Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:05:52 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:21 pm »

((And no one notices the giant explosion.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10559 on: December 09, 2012, 08:52:39 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1256