Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941358 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10515 on: December 09, 2012, 01:16:45 am »

((Woops. Good catch guys! Thanks!))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: December 09, 2012, 01:34:52 am »

Go to the next room. Search for any clues to who the people holed up in the fortress are, or the identity of the dead guy in the interrogation room.
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10517 on: December 09, 2012, 05:23:47 am »

Team A and B

[Team B Sniper: Thomas]
"May!"
With a smile, Thomas lets May get down onto her own feet. He places a hand on her shoulder, steadying her in case of a fall.
"Are you doing okay?"
Head back with May, assuming she's alright.

You set May down on her feet and help her get her footing. She seems a bit unbalanced, but  hell, she's always been that way.

Left. Grab anything left that's useful, especially, but not limited to, weapons.

You head to the building on the left, Kyle - Whose name is not nicholas--why did you just think that?--following along behind you. The Building was probably very nice a one point, though it's in goddamn shambles now, everything smashed and shattered and half or wholly.  burnt. Together, you and Kyle--Who someone probably called Nicholas once and confused everyone--start sorting and piling up the remains. You throw corpses of blueshirts in one pile, broken weapons, burnt books, smashed electronics and debris in another, and anything useful in a third. The third is depressingly small. After doing a quick run through of all three floors your usable pile contains a few civ level rifles and pistols, one scrap rocket launcher, a few datapads and not much else. You're about ready to move out when you notice a basement door. It's partially ajar and there is a trail of faint bloody footprints leading either to it, or from it, you can't tell.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hey, May, welcome back.  Are we all done here?  Oh, right, Jim."
Find Jim, perform diagnostics (since the dynamic bonus worked so well last time...)

(worked fine on May, the one you were studying.)

You wander over to Jim and take a look at him while he parrots what simus told him about his mechanical damage. You nod, listening while poking at the wires. You think you know a good way to start this, better then coming in blind, thats for sure.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno also shrugs in response to his gesture. "So, you called all of your guys from those buildings, I suppose. Do you have any idea on what the guys from this one may be doing? They have been very silent for quite some time, apparently."

Talk to the guy.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

It occurred to Lars that that guy had had a rocket launcher...

Go find the rocket launcher that guy was using.  Check the weaponry the group left, and the building he came out of.  Failing that, find the most potent firearm there is- Milno will be wanting his weapon back.

"Well, we did kill a Deeper a while back, they probably still have his Aster-ex. They're not as well armed as we were so I'm betting they set a charge somewhere and are hiding, waiting for you to walk into their trap. They're not responding because they can't hear you. And if they can't hear you, they can't hear me, and my services are of no use here."

Look around.

You look around everything looks about the same as when you left it...except for the fact that Thomas is covered in blood and there is a gory drag mark leading off down the hall.

Jim waits patiently for diagnostics to be run.

This service fucking sucks. You knew you should have gotten that extended warranty.

Team C and D

Go to the next room. Search for any clues to who the people holed up in the fortress are, or the identity of the dead guy in the interrogation room.

The next room is what looks like an evidence storage room, lots of boxes sealed with red tape and marked in a sort of short hand code that is about as penetrable as Greek algebra.

((He's confused with Z&D, another great game btw.

Use Brown, Zako :P))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

"Ho hum. An office near jail cells. Looks like I'm going to do some snooping."

Feyri would've done the normal protocol in breaching and entering missions, but the fact that she was alone - other than Flint nearby, things had to be informal at the moment.

"Regular office, non-descript in nature. Searching."

Try to find some pertinent documents regarding this colony, or at least any information on the current/recent status of the place. Even just the Police Station in relation to our entry.

"Its too quiet..."

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

You start rummaging through rooms, looking for anything left out that might give you a clue as to what is going on. You finally find a datapad that is open to a list of incident reports laying on one of the desks. You scroll through them. Their descriptions are sparse and spartan, but read together, they do illuminate a pattern. It begins small, reports of petty crimes, scattered instances of protest -What the papers call "political demonstration against Gov-sec Governors." but it escalates. Stealing of food becomes full on group robberies and then riots; protests become rallies where effigies are burnt and men go missing. The last reports talk about a "Splintering" of forces, of warlords and gangs forming in the housing blocks and lower levels, and of a need to control the men in the prison. And then it just stops. One day, according to the calendar on the data pad several weeks ago, the reports just stop.

"Nothing on the left section of the top floor but some bodies. I'm still looking, but it just seems too quiet here."

Check the dead bodies for what gear they have and slip on some body armor if I can over my torso. Make sure to disable all cameras I see and keep searching the top floor in the same way I did before.

Their body armor has been sliced cleanly in half and besides, it won't even fit over your rockets. You continue on, crossing over to the right side of the building and searching it but revealing no enemies. You do find the security room though, and the monitor bank for the cameras. Unfortunately a quick check reveals most are dark already.

'Well, I'm in now. Hope this was a good idea.'

Stifling any second thoughts, Jobasio pressed on, sweeping each room with his rifle.
"I'm in, on my way to the rest of you lot in here."

>Move slowly further inside, trying to follow my teammates who went through here.

>Glance in doors as I pass them, being very alert for any hostiles who need a gauss slug.

You stick with Feyri as she searches the rooms.

Team D Leader Faith, Fortress Entrance

"Yeah, if you've got any insights into exactly what's going on here, including why they're still fighting when they've got no food and we're armed to the teeth, I'd like to hear it," Faith commented to their new arrival. "I mean, I don't get it. There's nothing left."

Question civilian. If there's any bodies on the ground floor, start dragging them out into the courtyard and examining them to make sure they're actually dead.
(You can't go digging for corpses in the building if you're gonna stand outside talking to Mr.Mcdude.)

The man turns to look at you. His face is hidden behind a helmet, but you don't like the way he's looking at you.

"Some of them have done some fairly terrible things during these trying times. Desperate men do desperate things, and men with nothing to lose rarely control themselves." He takes a step toward you, "They're probably worried that the repercussions that will be visited on them will be worse then anything you can deal out."

Team D - Lukas - PD entrance

"Guys? Are we doing this or not? I'm starting to feel pretty useless here."

Wait some more.

You engage a screen saver and watch Electric sheep while you wait for an answer.

Wait, there's no action here...
((@GM Was it the bold part that confused you? Sorry, I'll stop doing that.))

Name:Flint - Team C - Fortress of Doom, first floor, left side

"You'd better watch out , there's a booby trap on the main door. That means the blueshirts here probably retreated further into the building. That guy won't do anything if he keeps shouting like that from over there."

Start checking rooms on the front of the building looking for interesting stuff (dead, living, weapons, things that obviously hold important info, that sort of stuff).

Heh, probably was, don't worry about it though, I was just joking around. I do these posts just after I wake up and just before bed, to give all the scattered time zones time to show up. So my mental state is a bit shaky at times.

The biggest thing that catches your eye in the front hall area isn't a room, its a door. Specifically a pair of double doors that look like they lead out through the back of the building, opposite the main doors.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell Area.

"I spy with my little eye something that begins with the letter... C!"

Use monoatomic razor to slice off the camera. Examine it once it is disconnected in this manner. Afterwards, follow Feyri.

"No way! theres a carbon-freezing room in here? neat."

Follow stacy around, day-dream about being a firegod

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell Area.

"I spy with my little eye something that begins with the letter... C!"

Use monoatomic razor to slice off the camera. Examine it once it is disconnected in this manner. Afterwards, follow Feyri.

You both do duckling impressions, following Feyri around after Stacy assassinates a camera.

I meant think about where all the people who were shooting at us a minute ago went to. Not the team members that are inside the compound. Derp.

While pointing at the newly arrived civilian: 'Hey you, didn't you guys keep radio contact with these people? Can't you contact them, cause it seems they all dissapeared just now. Also, who the hell are you guys anyway?

You're not really sure where the people in the building went, but they sure as hell didn't come out the front, so they've got to be in there somewhere.

"I can't say we do."  the man says, not looking back at you, his attention rooted firmly to Faith. "We value autonomy. And we were the Blueshirts. Now, I suppose we're just a bunch of no ones."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: December 09, 2012, 05:38:17 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Inside Police Department.

Go to Flint. Follow behind him at a respectable distance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:54:46 am by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: December 09, 2012, 05:59:42 am »

((You win this round, McDude. You won't stop my ghoulish tendencies forever, though!))

Team D Leader Faith, Fortress Courtyard

Faith cleared her throat and shifted a bit.

"Yes, well, I find it hard to believe they'd get much worse than starving to death or getting shot in the face. I suppose an elaborate death sentence via being shoveled into a wartorn plague-hole isn't out of the question, though.

Speaking of which..." she trailed off, more interested in stalling a moment than anything in particular. "...what do you know about what happened topside and what's happening below? We found these mining suits still guarding areas, and a lot of people butchered with a rigged up mining laser, and Sterilization was leaking fatal amounts of radiation. You know anything about all that?"

She then switched over to Command for a moment.

"By the way, Command? You have dibs on all these guys, or could we snag one as an assistant?"

Talk to McDude. Talk to Command. Don't get raped.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10520 on: December 09, 2012, 06:00:37 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Fortress of Doom, 1st floor, Main Hall

"Okay team, I found a door leading deeper into the building. Anybody want to join me? You know, watch my back? Maybe help me explain that we're a rescue mission and not those 'deepers'?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:13 am »

"Okay team, I found a door leading deeper into the building. Anybody want to join me? You know, watch my back? Maybe help me explain that we're a rescue mission and not those 'deepers'?"

"I suppose I could follow you. Not like there's a whole lot to do here."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:51 am »

'To all the teammembers inside, clear the ground floor, me and Lucas are going in.

C'mon Lucas, shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.

Go stand at a safe distance from the door, enter once Lucas is in.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:54 am »

"Top floor is clear of hostiles. They are definately downstairs somewhere. I'll be down in a sec with everyone up here, so wait until we're clear.

Watch out for the explosion when you blow that door, it could be bigger than you realise."

Grab everyone on the top floor and get them out a window and onto the ground. Then drag them behind the entry door and take cover from the impeding explosion.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: December 09, 2012, 06:57:28 am »

'To all the teammembers inside, clear the ground floor, me and Lucas are going in.

To Miyamoto: "Got it, Big Spoon. Private Girly Name vacating ground floor ASAP. Wait until I'm out and in a safe location. Over and out."

Leave the ground floor through holding cell window. Run along to the door we used to enter this part of the floor and take cover. Make sure Pancaek is not left behind in horrible peril as well.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:59:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10525 on: December 09, 2012, 07:17:10 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Fortress of Doom, 1st floor, Main Hall
C'mon Lucas, shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.

Oh crap. Flint thought quickly. The door was probably going to blow up. The people here had hidden further inside the building because they considered it safe. This door here led further into the building. So it should be safe. Unless it's booby trapped too. And that door is also directly opposite the main door. And explosions are magnified in close spaces. This suit can barely run. But it is also built to withstand those kind of conditions. What to do?

"I can't get out in time. I'll take cover with our blueshirt 'friends' here."

Run through the doors with my shield up yelling:"Don't shoot! UWM rescue team! We offer amnesty! We mean you no harm! Door exploding! Take cover!" Run as far away from the main door as I deem necessary and take cover from the explosion behind the nearest wall or column. Use the shield to protect me from any shooters or debris.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:37:01 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: December 09, 2012, 07:35:46 am »

'No wait, just go out through the window, we'll Wait for you. Don't risk your life for nothing!'

((This could sure lead to some drama))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10527 on: December 09, 2012, 07:47:29 am »

'No wait, just go out through the window, we'll Wait for you. Don't risk your life for nothing!'

((This could sure lead to some drama))
"*dramatic hero voice* No! I will not exit! These people here may get trapped after the explosion. Or they may scatter and begin firing again. This is my only chance to talk to them, to save those stupid thugs. I'm sorry boss but I'm staying here. This is a risk I HAVE to take."

((No, really, I want you to shoot. It'll be a good diversion for anyone waiting in ambush, it'll be a chance to test this suit and it will be fun... I think. Everybody dies sooner or later anyway. Might as well die doing something stupid, fun and extremely dangerous.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: December 09, 2012, 09:06:28 am »

Team D - Lukas - PD

"Finally!", Lukas exclaims in a weird voice. "Just let me know when everyone is ready and I'll pull the trigger."

Wait for everyone except for suicidal lunatics to get out and into cover, then the door with sniper particle gun"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:36:15 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: December 09, 2012, 09:10:57 am »

((Well, someone's going to get shot. That's all I'm saying.))
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1256