Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942906 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10530 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:01 am »

((Doesn't seem very reasonable, what with the HE material rigged to the doors and the fact we don't know exactly how powerful the explosion is.))

[Team B Leader=Milno; Now with teams C and D]

Milno ignored the drama and tapped the big guy's shoulder. "Hey, they want to destroy a booby-trapped door for some reason. I suggest we move away."

"Also, do you know if the path connecting the prison and the back of the police building is blocked? We could try to try that way to take you to the rest of the blueshirts. I think the front side isn't our best bet."

Help get Desperate Feyri & Co get down from the second floor before they commit suicide, if needed and Bishop isn't on it already.

Go through the doorway and start to walk a goood distance away with the guy to avoid a possible explosion. Talk to him.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:08:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: December 09, 2012, 09:17:28 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

Keep the datapad.

Feyri twiddled her fingers against the rifle stock as she pinged Teams A and B over the comms, making a broadcast, "The riots. It all starts with a song.

"A song of revolution against the Governors, Gov-sec as written in this datapad I found. Thievery of food - supplies being low, I presume this is the cause of the deaths in Water Production. Protests, followed by rallies over time, they were burning effigies in the usual manner, I suppose. Report didn't state what they symbolized though. Oh, and missing people.

"Then followed by splintering forces, people forming their own gangs led by local warlords in the lower levels. Smells like anarchy, and the need to control the men in prison, then it ends. The report just cuts off from th-"

Her comms shifted in the static to several other transmissions, most of which she heard only half-way, taking in...these two.

'To all the teammembers inside, [*...] shoot that damn door now. We can't stand around here forever.
"*dramatic [*..*-]voice* No! I will [*-_..*] talk to them, to save those stupid thugs. I'm sorry boss but I'm staying here. This is a risk I HAVE to take."

"...What just happened. DON'T BLOW UP THE MAIN DOOR!"

Scramble out the window, pulling Jobasio along with me and seeing Pancaek and Stacy safe first! Throw any stragglers back through first, then land afterwards using my shield to break the fall if I fall...badly.

Find cover, and scout the outside for any sign of signs of people resembling that which was in the report other than what was in Team A and B's squad.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:42:03 am by Tiruin »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:54 am »

((Edited my action a bit. Those who want to get to safety should be able to before Lukas opens fire))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: December 09, 2012, 09:40:33 am »

"Addendum: Team, the people are scared. They're afraid of the crimes they've done, and civil unrest has driven them to commit such crimes. If we try any further diplomacy - seeing as we're talking to different factions of men, then we must ensure their peace. They are afraid of consequences, but we must find the root of all these rioting. Food shortage is probable, though I guess we'll have to go deeper." Feyri said as she moved back to her entrance, nodding at Stacy and Pan as she passed them.

"I repeat, don't blow up the doors!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: December 09, 2012, 09:45:16 am »

Bishop sighed as he rushed down the hallway.

"Feyri, we're criminals, not detectives or law enforment. I don't see how finding the cause of the riots will really help us now, seeing how the military doesn't really give a damn what these people have done or that the citizens believe that they are going to die from the government anyway which means they won't really trust us at all. Just get out of the building before he fires!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10535 on: December 09, 2012, 10:28:36 am »

((I just realized we're all overreacting a bit. For all we know Lukas may roll a 1 and miss the door entirely. On the other hand, worst case scenario: the shot hits the explosive, goes through it and continues on, hitting Flint in the head, while the explosion causes the ceiling of the cavern to collapse and kill everyone in the area. But really, given the explosive's trigger mechanism ("An explosive charge and trigger wires are set up on the door, clearly rigged to go if the door is forced open.") Lukas has to either hit the explosive itself, or move the door enough to pull one of the wires enough to trigger the bomb.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:59 am »

"Hey, uh, May? Do you wanna head on in with the team? Or do you want to y'know, go back to the ship?"
Lead May back to the group,
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:49:18 am by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: December 09, 2012, 10:45:07 am »

"Hey, uh, May? Do you wanna head on in with the team? Or do you want to y'know, go back to the ship?"
Help May with whatever she wants.

"Milkshakes."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: December 09, 2012, 10:48:48 am »

Help May with whatever she wants.

"Milkshakes."
"Uhh..."
Thomas takes her hand and smiles.
"Let's go rejoin the others then."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: December 09, 2012, 11:11:25 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Hold still, Jim.  I know almost exactly what I think needs to be done to fix you."
Do fixy stuff to Jim.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:30:41 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: December 09, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »

Jim, surprisingly given what he's witnessed of Mesk's techniques for 'repairing' humans, allows the man to attempt to fix him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: December 09, 2012, 12:40:30 pm »

Grab the rocket launcher and examine it and its ammo (if there's any left), and see how much of what weapons and ammo is in the pile. Also grab the datapads and put them away.

Civvie grade stuff for the most part, but I've no real choice...
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: December 09, 2012, 03:41:08 pm »

PW:  Did you miss my action?  You quoted it but didn't do anything.  I ask because Simus and I appear to be after the same rocket launcher.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:25 pm »

((He goes by post order, Toaster. I think you didn't pick it up because I was piling all the useful stuff, rocket launcher included, in one place, so it would've been in my hands at that point in time. Or something like that.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: December 09, 2012, 03:55:44 pm »

Keep looking for weapons in other areas, including the basement area if I saw it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1256