Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941701 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10575 on: December 09, 2012, 11:56:41 pm »

"Hey, is every on Teams C and D alright? That was a pretty friggen big boom. Is everyone able to walk and shit. No-one covered in rubble?"

Help Bishop with Miyamoto, using the up-till-now-useless duct-tape to patch up any leaks. Actually, assisting in that task, letting anyone who's good with handi-work actually do it. Assist by giving my gaffer-tape to them, or cutting strips of it where necessary with my cleaver.

" Faith, what do you want us doing? Move in, or blow the crap out of something else?"

Minor edit: assist in fixing something. I'm pretty sure I'm hopeless at it. Also, I tend to use the terms gaffer-tape and duct-tape interchangeably. I only just realized.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:01:22 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: December 10, 2012, 12:00:05 am »

"Yeah, move in, but be careful. They're probably still in their hole, but it's also possible they heard the explosion and figured they've got us and now's the time to strike."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: December 10, 2012, 12:03:19 am »

"Ok, we'll be ready in a sec. Could someone cover us until we're sure Miyamoto isn't stuffed?"

"Faith. Were any of us inside when it all went kaboom?"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:07:45 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: December 10, 2012, 12:21:21 am »

(( sorry, could have been in the last post, but I don't want to edit too much. Which I've sort of done enough of.
Just a bit of a tactical update wanted.
AFAIK, Sambo, Faith, Bishop, Miyamoto, Jobaisco are all outside the police station, in the hallway leading up to it. I think Teams C+D are all on the ground, outside the police station, except Flint, who has a shield and other stuff wrapped around him. Lucas is embedded in a wall. Either that wall was 20 feet away, or he is now embedded 20 feet inside a wall. It depends how you read it. That's a damn thick wall, so I'm hoping it's just a lightly embedded operating system we have outside the police station.

Only Flint is inside? And Lucas is somewhere outside in a wall? I really hope that it's in a wall twenty feet away, or I'm sorry mate, you're staying there. Unless someones got vectors or grav's or are REALLY good with something else. Well, have fun. ))

Edit: tactical situation updated. We're all outside, ground floor, except one, and moving back inside next turn probably. After we shoot someone or go through evidence boxes (for weapons or drugs or something. Clues? Whatever.)

Hopefully Lucas can be pulled out of the wall, not mined out. Then Flint needs to be de-wrapped before Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:07:26 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: December 10, 2012, 12:36:20 am »

((Yeah, that's right. Lukas is embedded in a wall somewhere, too.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:21 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Hallway to PD.

"Well, that sure was powerful! Glad I didn't stay inside the building."

Get up, look at the PD for any signs of movement, assess degree of ruination.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:04 am »

'Thanks for the check up mate, let's hope my fuel storage isn't damaged, or we might be in for another nice explosion.'

Let Bishop check me over. Once he's done, go over to Lucas and carefully help him get out from the wall.

'Nice shot. Kinda has a large kick behind it though.'

'Flint, you okay? Sit tight, we're gonna come get you out of there. '

((Fair warning: my character may or may not have a batman-esque moral code thingy going on, which could very wel lead to some... interesting developments.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:31:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: December 10, 2012, 03:09:14 am »

"Aaaw, shi-..." Lukas looks around and at himself being embedded in the wall. "Nice!" After he receives the post-explosion communication between the team members he realizes that Faith is right about the enemy probably coming after them now. "Get me out of this wall! We need to shoot those fuckers!"

Lukas tries to get out of the wall himself. If Lukas can get out of the wall he immediately runs for some place to cover with a good view of the hole he just blew in the building.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10583 on: December 10, 2012, 03:14:31 am »

Team A and B
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ok, sure.  I guess.  Hold still."
Mesk shrugs, then gets back to work.  After a second he pauses and blinks a few times.
"Woah... that was weird.  Like... I was about to do something, then something inside of me made me stop.  Weird.  Whatever.  Probably just self preservation or something."
Let's try this again.
[aux:2+1+1]
You cut away the damaged wires and slice everything back together almost perfectly. Almost. There is however a slight hitch, a delay in the reactions of one of the legs, giving him what amounts to a slight limp.

Using his wristpad, Kyle started on a private message.

"Hey Milno, I'm checking out the basement of one of the more intact buildings, and a bunch of people here were executed shortly before we arrived. Could you ask that guy you brought along why these people were killed?

Search the basement for a clue as to why these people might have been executed. Then head back up to Simus and look through the datapads.

You take a look over the bodies. They have more then their fair share of bruises and abrasions, perhaps torture, perhaps abuse or random beating. It doesn't seem overly serious though. Other then this there is no hard evidence to tell you what happened here, beyond what you assume.

You head up to Simus and ask for the datapads.

Anyone got something I can use to crack open this rocket casing? The thing's useless unless someone has a lighter, but depending on what the explosive compound inside it, I might be able to make use of it, even if it's just a minor amount of Aster-EX.

Request something to open the rocket with with, unload all of the pistols and rifles, including the one given to me by the civvie leader upstairs. Take count of ammunition and consolidate magazines. Take a second pistol, in addition to the one given to me by the civvie leader, put full magazines in both, if possible, and get two spare magazines, if possible. Take one rifle, load with a full magazine, and take two spare rifle magazines, if possible.
You sort through the weapons and ammo until you gather enough for a full magazine for your pistol and rifle and two magazines extra for both.

You request a tool to open the rocket and wait for someone to provide it.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno received Kyle's transmission and narrowed his eyes. "I think those may have been killed while we were trying to negotiate, most likely."

Turning to the man, Milno relayed Kyle's question:
"The people in the basement. When and why they were killed? Also, you should try diplomacy once again after getting close to the passage to the levels below, now that the building is basically rubble."

"Oh, and do the blueshirts here also have the same setup as back there? The basement full of people, that is."

Stand up if needed. Ask questions to the man, take him forward once again to try shouting for the other guys' surrender.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

"I believe they were the governor and his daughters. I don't know much about it myself." He looks a you, "He had a great deal of brandy in his library so I kept myself occupied in other ways. Besides," His voice turns hard, "They deserved every thing they got."

"May, just tell me if you don't feel right."
Head on ahead.

You and May wander out into the courtyard area and look at the bodies strapped to the fountain. Jeez, someone didn't like these guys.

((Naked people tied in the basement?  If they're not love slaves I'll eat my hat.))

Lars bowed his head.  "May Algis shield them on their journey; may they find their way into Steve's arms."  He invoked a hand sign that he made up on the spot, and turned and left.

Check the other building- the one in the center.  Search for weapons or information.

You head to the building in the center and through it's door, which is still slightly ajar. It's an administrative building of some sort; there is a large room with a podium and rows of seats, a room with a crescent table  and a central stand that, judging by the name plates and signage, was were a group of judges sentenced wrong do-ers, Large offices and the like. You dig through desks and paper work but find nothing of any real interest, though there are things that seem iffy. These rooms and the people in them seem to be enjoying a level of wealth far beyond those you've seen elsewhere in the colony, and the records of their ruling show disproportionate sentences for certain crimes. Anything involving a group seemed to get the harshest punishments.

Team C and D

Bishop peered out from behind the doorway that he was taking cover behind cautiously.

"Ehehehe, that was pretty cool. And deadly, but still it brings out the inner demoman in me.

Looks like you took some hits there Miyamoto. Don't move or fire your rockets until I give you a look over. You might have a punctured fuel tank or something."

Inspect Miyamoto for damage and fuel leaks.

He looks fine, a bit shaken and stirred, but fine over all.

Name:Flint - Team C - Fortress of Doom, 1st floor, now with 100% more explodage

((I was so certain that this door was unlocked. Also, I too support the torture of the blueshirt scum.))
"Ow. That didn't go as planned. Well, at least I'm still alive. Okay team, what's going on? Everybody ok?" Flint felt like a big idiot right now.

Try to break free of the metal. Check self for damage. If the exosuit is too damaged to move get out and leave it. Make my way to the main hall and see the results of the explosion.

You struggle against the metal pinning you, but you're in a bad position and can't get enough leverage to actually free yourself,despite having the strength to do so. You're gonna need a bit of help.

((Poor guy. He was in the clear*, then tried to get his buddies to surrender instead of getting onto the APCs. Now he's got hardened professional serial killers playing rock-paper-scissors to see who gets to cut him up nice and slow first.

*Probably still being executed or HMRC'd for horrible crimes or, more likely, treason, but still.))

Team D Leader Faith, Near Explosion Corridor

"Well... that was interesting. Everyone alright?"

She switched back to Command for a moment.

"Understood, Command. What about if we wanted to take one of them with us back to the HMRC?"

Then it was back to local.

"Speaking of which, what about you?" she asked the civilian. "I guess the miners are still holed up down there, we know what happened to Engineering... who did the Blueshirts used to be before...

...well, before you murdered the people in charge of keeping everyone alive and then set up shop down here? And what can we expect in the Prison, more of this?"

Talk to Command. Talk to McDude.

The man actually laughs at you. "Keeping everyone alive? What a romantic thought."  He shakes his head.

"The blue shirts were mostly men from the Prison. Some others from down below. As per what you can expect in the prison? I suppose the term is "Poetic justice." "

"Gaah, ffu-- Fruitcakes!"
Jobasio gave a shout as he was thrown to the floor, then sat up and checked his gear witha grimace.
"Good grief. That was... Quite impressive." He glanced at the robot embedded in the wall from the blast of his own weapon.
"Very impressive," He corrected himself. "They sure are giving these robots plenty of firepower. Pity about the poor fellow who was still inside; he's unlikely to have survived that." Jobasio readied his gauss rifle, then glanced towards the others. "Anyone find anything of interest in there? Shall we get back to it?"

>Head cautiously back inside, avoiding falling wreckage, and check for any signs of life.

>Then continue exploring the fortress, same procedure as before: Shoot anyone I see that isn't a part of the HMRC and doesn't announce their peaceful intentions beforehand.

You walk back into the  plaza and take a look around. The police department has an enormous hole ripped through the front of it now, exposing the different floors within. Anything flammable inside is burning and throwing off a layer of smoke that is clinging to the ceiling overhead. You walk and the first thing you find is Flint, cocooned against the wall.

"Hey, uh, you need a hand, man?"

"Hey, is every on Teams C and D alright? That was a pretty friggen big boom. Is everyone able to walk and shit. No-one covered in rubble?"

Help Bishop with Miyamoto, using the up-till-now-useless duct-tape to patch up any leaks. Actually, assisting in that task, letting anyone who's good with handi-work actually do it. Assist by giving my gaffer-tape to them, or cutting strips of it where necessary with my cleaver.

" Faith, what do you want us doing? Move in, or blow the crap out of something else?"

Minor edit: assist in fixing something. I'm pretty sure I'm hopeless at it. Also, I tend to use the terms gaffer-tape and duct-tape interchangeably. I only just realized.

You stick random strips of ducktape on Miyamoto's suit, Clapping excitedly to yourself as you do so.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Hallway to PD.

"Well, that sure was powerful! Glad I didn't stay inside the building."

Get up, look at the PD for any signs of movement, assess degree of ruination.

Police station=Fubar.

Movement=One Flint in a blanket, jack shit otherwise.

"Aaaw, shi-..." Lukas looks around and at himself being embedded in the wall. "Nice!" After he receives the post-explosion communication between the team members he realizes that Faith is right about the enemy probably coming after them now. "Get me out of this wall! We need to shoot those fuckers!"

Lukas tries to get out of the wall himself. If Lukas can get out of the wall he immediately runs for some place to cover with a good view of the hole he just blew in the building.

You struggle for several long, embarrassing seconds before prying yourself free from the wall and landing face first on the ground. Frankly though, you're just happy you're made of metal: better to be a living pratfaller then a fleshy, dead, smear on the wall.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: December 10, 2012, 03:18:38 am »

Check self for damage and then move back to the building, weapons ready.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: December 10, 2012, 03:29:37 am »

Jim walked around a bit to test it. "Eh, good enough. It'll work until we get back to the ship." He nodded to Mesk. "Let's regroup."

Jim heads out to find his team and try to gather them all back in one place, as well as ask from a report from them on anything relevant to the situation.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: December 10, 2012, 03:50:45 am »

[Team A Awesome Medic - Mesk]

"...hey, it worked!  Cool.  Alright, I'm right behind ya."
Follow Jim.  Limp for the sake of a "walk this way" gag.
"You think my successes on this mission have been fate's way of balancing all the people I've malpracticed to death?  Or maybe I'll come into a string of horrific bad luck sometime in the future to balance this out.  Or maybe the universe really is random, and God is just randomly generated numbers?  I bet Brother Lars would have an opinion on that."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: December 10, 2012, 03:56:14 am »

(( Stupid damned duct-tape ))

"Well, Miyamoto's fine. Fuck it, I'm going in."

Go back into the police station, shooting anyone that isn't on the HMRC. If no-one is seen, shoot the door at the end of the corridor of the ground floor with my laser rifle until it breaks.

"Command, you don't need that evidence do you?" 
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: December 10, 2012, 04:00:34 am »

"What, do you think we're all part of some elaborate computer simulation designed for the sole purposes of entertaining some entity or entities as the case may be? Makes as much sense as anything else," Jim said. "I'm not much for theology, however. Lars? Do you want to weigh in on this?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:00 am »

Sambo says:
"Nah, he's fucken wrong Jim. I just got shot in the chest and was coughing up my own fucking blood. I've seen other people do that kind of crap. Usually because we used one of the little guns on the tank. It hurts like hell.
It doesn't make sense at all you big bastard. Not unless we bloody well did it. Then, he can play the VR card. Shoot him, just in case. Sort of brings you back to reality that sort of shit does."
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1256