Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939613 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10065 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:01 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly ; Re: Challenge
Then I'm betting a token that you're getting more scratches! I guess you'll do the same for me, eh? :P

Bring it on, Jim! I bet my team can accomplish more than yours can! [Ok this was a joke, but the first one, not so much.]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: December 02, 2012, 08:32:01 am »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel, private channel
I'm not much of a betting man, especially when it comes to your safety. Please don't get yourself hurt or killed. I may not be responsible for what I do to this colony if something happens to you.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:49 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly ; Secure Channel
Don't stress yourself Jim! I promise you I'll get out of here alive and probably healthy to the best of my abilities. So lessen your stress, I'm not sure you need more of that. Cheer up, you've got Milno and the other guys there! ^^

I'll go back to focusing on the mission for the moment, chat later ok?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: December 02, 2012, 10:27:40 am »

Miyamoto moved to stare Faith directly in the face(plate). 'Hey now Faith, you're being terribly unfair. I would like to have kept these people alive just as much as you, but the fact of the matter is, is that they were unreasonable. They started shooting without warning, and kept shooting even after we told them to stand down. Besides, I only shot as to give supressive fire, not actually kill them.  And you speak like there wasn't a threat at all, but let me ask you this: what if a stray bullet had hit someone in the head? Would you still feel the same about the whole situation? Are you prepared to take that risk, to gamble with the lives of these men and women? 'Cause my first and foremost concern is keeping you lot alive, even if it means putting myself between you and the bullets. Even so, you're right on some points, maybe we could've handled this better. I'll talk to Stacy about it.

And I'll be the diplomacy-person from now, seeing how I'll be the first to enter the fray anyway. Next time they start shooting, I'll try to shock-and-awe them into surrender. Let's hope they don't have anything more powerful lying around. In fact, you should carry this mining laser for now, I'll need my mobility for my idea to work'

Going over to Stacy: 'Nice amp-usage there, really nailed it, but could you try to disable rather than kill next time? You'know, burn their feet of or something like that, we're here to rescue after all. Even so, you did your best.'

Going to Lucas: 'We'll be going in first from now on. If they start shooting again, I'll try to 'scare' them into submission, before we kill them or anything. I need you to cover me and bail me out when that happens, in case shit goes south again. Do you think you're up to that task?'

Give mining laser to Faith if she wants it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:31:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:58 am »

To Miyamoto: "I was concerned about potentially missing them in that particular situation. They were, after all, a quarter-mile away. Still, I could have aimed lower, true."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »

To Miyamoto: "I was concerned about potentially missing them in that particular situation. They were, after all, a quarter-mile away. Still, I could have aimed lower, true."

'Don't worry about it too much. Just make sure it doesn't happen again.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10071 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:49 pm »

Team A and B
Jim nodded to Milno. If he'd still had lungs and a throat, he'd probably be out of breath. Instead he leaned on the wall for a moment. "Any of you inside: did you see what just happened? Surrender now or I will give you a much, much harsher fate than what these assholes got. Would you like your intestines pulled out through your throat? Or your lungs melted inside your body? No? Then throw down your weapons, come out, and surrender. NOW!" he roared down the hallway. Bravado aside, he needed to rest his head. Or get an aspirin. He remained immobile, leaning on the wall for support for the moment.

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel, private channel
I have a massive headache, but I'm lucky I've been 'botted. That first shot would've torn my brain in half if I was still in my original body... they were too dangerous to be left alive. And you heard what they said to Milno; they didn't want to surrender for their own good. It was us or them, and like always I chose us. Feyri, how are you and yours holding up?

HOLY-

Remind me never to piss you off, Jim.

Ascertain whether or not we can still proceed to the Government Sector. Run diagnostics on my prosthetic body.
(you're fine)

"That was hardcore Jim" Turning his attention to Mesk, Bruce asked "You O.k. man you looked pretty fucked up back there."
Get calmed down and sensible.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, they had it coming." Milno said, simply shrugging before walking forward. "Careful or your brain may explode, Jim."

He takes a look over to Lars, narrowing his eyes and offering his gauss rifle.
"You should leave it to be fixed back on ship. Take this while we're here, but I don't want you drawing any shit on it. Either you return me as clean as you got it or you buy me a new one."

Just keep the motion sensor on and walk towards the barricade if there is no impediment to it. If there is an obstacle to it, just jetpod to vault over to the location the barricade was.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

Lars frowns at Milno's request.  "It seems an insult to Ingram after he and Pathmas saved my life, but I will follow your request.

Accept rifle, follow Milno.  Collect broken rifle and see if clip is salvageable.
[Team B Sniper: Thomas: First Barricade]

"Damn... That was loud."
Thomas slowly peeks out of cover, motioning for May to stay back in cover. He tries to get a good look at what just happened, and what's past the barricade.

Considering what any HMRC member goes through, there's not much that could surprise Kyle. What Jim did happened to be one of those things.

"You... just... I don't even know what to say about that...", he trailed off in disbelief. Recovering himself, he followed Milno as per usual.

Milno steps to the side and the huddled masses behind him look around in dim terror and confusion at the empty and now completely ruined and darkened hallway. Lars stares at his shattered gun like a child who dropped his icecream until milno hands him a replacement and Jim screams death threats down the hall, despite being in no shape to follow up on them. Mesk staggers to his feet, still getting used to his new nerves, and coughs out a handful of shrapnel. He's fine, however his suit has a rather large tear right in the throat region.

As a team they move forward, lamps on, down the hall until they reach the remains of the barricade. The door beyond the barricade has been blown open, heavy steel folding out into the room beyond. The room beyond is rather massive, more a great underground pavilion then a room. The Ceiling is completely covered in a video or holoscreen of some sort, displaying a blue sky with a radiant and massive yellow sun crawling northward toward an implied horizon. The sky in the distance is already beginning to fade a gentle red. The pavilion itself appears to consist entirely of three large multi-level buildings and a central courtyard area. The buildings are of an odd sort, they look  like the result of The gilded age getting drunk and mating with the Italian Renaissance: All buttresses, arches, tall glass windows and columns, everything coated in complex molding like they were attacked by whitewashed ivy. Some of their great windows are broken and the phrase "Blueshirts" has been scrawled randomly on them and everything else.

The central courtyard area is in terrible disrepair, it's plants long dead but decaying very slowly thanks to the otherwise sterile environment. Concrete benches and statues turned over or broken into pieces, fountain dead with the figure at it's apex, a woman pouring water from a seemingly infinite pot, smashed and the upper half gone. Tied to the lower levels of the multi-teired statue are men, men in what look like fine clothing, though it is torn and spraypainted blue. They hang limply, arms and legs bound to the structure, pulled spread eagle.

It is very quiet.   

Teams C an D

Take all the weapons and ammo lying around, give a weapon and ammo to anyone who asks. Keep going in front of the rest, play blatant lies.mp3 whenever entering a room.

((Haven't had time to read all the posts, so I don't really know what everyone is doing. Will catch up asap)).

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Hallway to PD.

"Well, that worked, I suppose. Horribly painful for them and now I have a bit of a migraine, but it worked."

Examine the charred corpses for any distinguishable marks of identification. Follow behind the team through the door.

"My first day and I've already killed nine people. People who probably killed the previous law enforcement officials and took their stuff, but still, living people. It feels strange, you know. Never actually killed a person before. Not directly, anyway. Hopefully the others will surrender now that their long range advantage is nullified."

Stacy thought for a second, then said to the rest of the team:

"We should probably work out some kind of civilian rescuing protocol now in order to avoid pointless deaths. For one, how many warnings do we give before we start to kill people? That seems kind of important. Also, we should elect a speaker for both teams, otherwise we'll just end up screaming over one another."

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armed Mercenary ; At the closed door of ye Police Station with the phrase BLUESHIRTS all over it.

"Definitely human dissent. I guess whatever happened here is all the cause of this tension...Team A/B, what have you got? Jim? I...saw that. That was..."

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Secured Channel = James Kelly
Are you OK?

Feyri averted her gaze at seeing the bodies, carrying one of the rifles and requesting her character sheet before speaking.

"Blueshirts is another term for police or law enforcement, as far as I recall Bishop. Usually had those kinds in my...colony back in the day."

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"Hey team, did anyone else feel a tremor? Let's hope it's not an earthquake."

Take any and all civilian weapons and ammo except for the sniper rifle. Try to take them before someone else does. If the door doesn't open use the chisel to make a handhold for Miyamoto like last time.

"Police sometimes acts like a gang, caring only for their own. If this IS police we are fighting they are no different then any of the other thugs in this place."

((Holy FUCK you do not piss off Jim, he will freight train the hell out of you with his mind. Guess they knew what they were doing when they cloned that psychic.))

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"We should... probably give them a chance to surrender," Faith commented, looking at the door. "Plus, if they didn't hear us coming in they're not going to hear us now."

Setting her speakers back up, she thought about an appropriate message.

"Attention citizens, this is a rescue force with orders to evacuate all survivors. Unfortunately many of us are also berserk psychopaths serving an elaborate death sentence by being sent into plague-ridden murderously rioting colonies, and are thus more than willing to butcher anyone who tries to shoot them.

If you would like to be shot in the face by one of our two giant robots, feel free to open fire at your nearest convenience. If you would like to be loaded into an APC and transported elsewhere, please notify us instead."

Diplomacy at the door, then follow everyone in.
Jobasio stepped carefully over the bodies and shuffled to one side, dodging armoured figures and large robotic forms, and knelt by one wall with his rifle trained on the door ahead. His face was ashen.
"Good grief. They didn't stand a chance. What use is marksmanship when you can simply fill the enemy's little base with burning flames?" He absently wiped a bit of greasy soot from his gauss rifle before returning his hand to the barrel.
He forced himself to look at it differently. 'Don't think about that, pay no attention to them. This is a good thing; I am on my first mission and our enemies are using peashooters against a force of robotic death machines and armoured psychics. It's basically free tokens, compared to the stories I've heard.'
Still, it got to him. Were these people the ones responsible for the killing up above, or had they simply barricaded themselves in in terror? They were dying just as badly as the rest, it seemed.
He hoped at least what happened to this lot would convince the rest to surrender peacefully.

>Kneel to one side of the hall, train rifle on the doorway, allow Faith to proceed with diplomacy.

"Holyshitnipplestheylooklikefriedbatcrispies. Fuck 'em."

Grab sniper rifle. Look at area around barricade. See where the firers could have come from. Note entrances or any other vantage points. Note them in the sense that I'm taking aim with my laser rifle at them, if there are any of them. See if the guy with the sniper rifle has any more ammo on him. Loot ammo if he does. 

((edit: Ultimate multi-edit combo!!!! Nah, seriously, I'll leave it alone by this point. ))

Team B - Lukas - Entrance to PD

Lukas tries to ignore all the conversation on how to deal with any potential hostilities inside the Policy Department. After the conversation goes on for a while he loses his patience. "Look, let's just keep this simple. We are here to save the civies. For pragmatic reasons I will just consider anyone pointing and shooting a gun at us a non-civy. It's not like killing 10 or 20 of them is gonna bother Civil Defense." Lukas turns to Miyamoto. "You just play that message. I'll shout some warnings as well and let's just get in there and kill every sorry ass m*therf*cker that tries to kill us." Lukas then turns to the rest. "Oh, and don't accidentally shoot me because I'm activating my laser droids. They won't like you hurting me.".

Lukas then activates his laser droids. He shouts/broadcasts "We're coming in! Don't shoot us because we will sure as hell shoot back and we bring a lot of hardware. Uhm...We come in piece." Lukas then kicks in the door to the Police Department having is shotgun ready.

Stacy kneels next to a body and picks over the charred remains for any sort of distinguishing features. The flesh is too burnt to do anything with but the clothing has it's own stories to tell. Most, if not all of them, are wearing what look like body armor of some kind; not very good body armor, but you guess it would probably stop a civilian Gauss pistol round. The word "Police" is written on multiple places on the armor. You dig through their pockets and clothing. Most aren't carrying anything, at least nothing that survived the fire, but a few are carrying badges, real physical badges. One man is carrying three of them in his pockets, while most are carrying one or none at all. How strange.

As Stacy picks over the bodies for clues Sambo, Flint, Feyri and Miyamoto fight over the weapons like starved vultures squabbling over zebra entrails. Sambo snatches up the Sniper rifle while Feyri manages to get a single rifle and Flint and Miyamoto both horde a rifle and 3 pistols a piece.

Mean while, covered by Jackinthebox, Faith yells diplomacy at the door and Lukas yells death threats before putting one big metal foot into the entrance. He succeeds only in jamming his foot right through the seam of the door and getting it stuck, trapping himself there on one foot, holding a shotgun and trying to look threatening.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 21
« Reply #10072 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »

[Team B: Sniper: Thomas]

A chill rolled up Thomas' spine lazily, and he subconsciously hovers closer to the group.
"Blueshirts? Isn't that cops? Or government?"
Check the area for any ambushed lying in wait.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »

Pick through whatever remains might be left of the barricade defenders, taking anything that might have somehow survived Jim's wrath.

Looks like we have another execution site in there.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:32:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10074 on: December 02, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"Really, Lukas? How the hell did you manage to do that?"

Get the badges from the bodies. "Badges? You don't need no stinking badges!" Help Lukas get his foot unstuck. Try to open the door.

"Anybody who is not sufficiently armed feel free to ask for a gun. The rest I'm keeping because one can never be sufficiently armed enough."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:29:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: December 02, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »

Jim moved to the bodies. "Mesk, Simus, I want you to look around for clues. Bruce, Ashley, keep a watch for any hostiles. I'll be examining this," Jim said, taking a moment to rest his brain from the draining task of destroying everything for the relatively easy task of searching the bodies for clues and weaponry. If any weaponry is found, he'll divide it up evenly among his team, with preference going to those with the least amount of weaponry first.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »

"I'll get to higher ground, get a better view."
Try to climb up a nearby structre, observe soroundings.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: December 02, 2012, 07:27:14 pm »

((I think Objective was Ashley...))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armed Mercenary ; At the closed door of ye Police Station with the phrase BLUESHIRTS all over it.

"Cheers to another convoluted idea: These men hoarded badges as a sign of rank or power. The more they had, the more important they thought they were. An improvised sort of hierarchical status.

"Anyway, since most of us have suits that can stand environmental effects, but are easy to rip as paper, I say those with MKIs are taking the body armor. I'm getting one if nobody minds. We've nine dead here anyway..."

Claim the body armor and wear it.

"I'm expecting a firefight when the door opens, or a claymore mine trap, or some kind of trap. Does anyone have fiber optics or some kind of listening device?"

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:51 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Avoid open areas and try to stick close to the buildings." Milno says before firing his pods into life. "I'll get to higher ground and get a better picture of this place."

He points at Thomas. "Team B will follow Albino Fucker and Kyle will use diplomacy if anything happens and I'm away. If shooting breaks out, seek cover and issue them one very clear warning, like I did. If they keep shooting, just shoot back or wait for me to swoop in and help you terminate them."

Fly to a nearby high building, ascending close to it and zigzagging to prevent fire. Stay alert for hostiles.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: December 02, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »

No problem Jim, I'll check the bodies. See if I can determine cause of death.

Head in and examine the bodies that are tied up, looking mainly for cause of death.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1256