Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940298 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10050 on: December 02, 2012, 03:19:20 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Hallway to PD.

"Well, that worked, I suppose. Horribly painful for them and now I have a bit of a migraine, but it worked."

Examine the charred corpses for any distinguishable marks of identification. Follow behind the team through the door.

"My first day and I've already killed nine people. People who probably killed the previous law enforcement officials and took their stuff, but still, living people. It feels strange, you know. Never actually killed a person before. Not directly, anyway. Hopefully the others will surrender now that their long range advantage is nullified."

Stacy thought for a second, then said to the rest of the team:

"We should probably work out some kind of civilian rescuing protocol now in order to avoid pointless deaths. For one, how many warnings do we give before we start to kill people? That seems kind of important. Also, we should elect a speaker for both teams, otherwise we'll just end up screaming over one another."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:38:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: December 02, 2012, 03:34:50 am »

Examine the charred corpses for any distinguishable marks of identification. See if the gauss sniper rifle might still fire. If it can, then take it. Follow behind the team through the door.
((STACY VS SAMBO JIN = THE RACE FOR THE GAUSS(?) SNIPER RIFLE, ROUND 1...))

FIGHT!

((Come to think of it, Feyri has a Gauss Sniper Rifle :P))

Broadcast

"We should probably work out some kind of civilian rescuing protocol now in order to avoid pointless deaths. For one, how many warnings do we give before we start to kill people? That seems kind of important. Also, we should elect a speaker for both teams, otherwise we'll just end up screaming over one another."

"Perhaps we should change our approach? If it is rebellion, they'd think we're out for them like the usual 'SURRENDER OR DIE' death squads. I'd prefer a more pacifist approach - provision of amnesty or a promise -a sincere one- that we'll hear them out if they speak and not shoot first - including our obvious cessation of fire (yeah, we need more shields.)...

"This goes for ALL TEAMS, I hope. We're here to save, not to kill."

Feyri turned aside to read Jim's last message. A message that caused her to smile slightly, along with calming her nerves.

It was simple, yet beautiful.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Secure Channel = James Kelly
You don't owe me anything, James. We're in this thing together: you, me, Milno, Faith, Stacy, even the sadistic maniacs out there...

But if you want to owe me something, then promise me you're coming out of this unscathed. I expect a polished suit of metal when we get back. Oiled and shiny, ok? :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:39 am »

((Good point, changing action. I just thought nobody was picking it up, so I would take it and give it to Sambo anyway.))

"Perhaps we should change our approach? If it is rebellion, they'd think we're out for them like the usual 'SURRENDER OR DIE' death squads. I'd prefer a more pacifist approach - provision of amnesty or a promise -a sincere one- that we'll hear them out if they speak and not shoot first - including our obvious cessation of fire (yeah, we need more shields.)...

"Well, I don't think that's going to work with these particular people, mostly due to what I've already done. It would be like shooting at someone while yelling 'We come in peace!' or 'We mean you no harm!' or something. They're not likely to believe it is what I'm saying here. Nice work, me."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: December 02, 2012, 03:47:53 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Well... there seems to be a certain level of disagreement as to how many warnings," she said, glancing at Stacy and their two heavily armored members. "I would say until we don't have any choice in the matter, which is unlikely given how much better armed and armored we are, or else when it becomes apparent that there's no chance they'll stand down no matter what.

As for a designated speaker, that's a good idea. Trouble is, ideally it should be someone both heavily armored and diplomatically inclined. Those seem to be somewhat opposing qualities," she finished, glancing at Miyamoto and Lukas again.

FIGHT!
((Should be entertaining and safe. After all, look how squabbling over a TV remote turned out. :P))

((Come to think of it, Feyri has a Gauss Sniper Rifle :P))
((Aaaaaaand prepare to be mugged. :P))

Faith coughed.

"Uh, much as I hate to be pessimistic... well, we don't really have any way to promise them amnesty; all we can say is that we're loading them into the APCs, the APCs go to the surface, and it looked like there were transport ships waiting there. What happens after that is out of our hands and not particularly any of our business.

Plus, we've already used up some of our credibility by murdering the door guards. I'm still in favor of being as reasonable as possible, it's just... going to be hard to explain what happened to Frank and Bob, you know?

Oh, and by the way, nice shield. I'd been meaning to look into one of those back on ship, but never got around to it; I'll have to make sure to do that double once I get back."

((Good point, changing action. I just thought nobody was picking it up, so I would take it and give it to Sambo anyway.))
((Awwww. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: December 02, 2012, 04:02:30 am »

"Err, you do know that the lines of transport means safety, aye?" Feyri winked at Faith - if her wink was clearly visible from beneath the visor and through Faith's cameras, she wasn't sure.

"Let's not delete that alternative though, yes our credibility seems 'shot' (heh, sorry) but that doesn't help us from opening a negotiative channel."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: December 02, 2012, 04:17:02 am »

((Look at it this way. Sambo has a sniper rifle. Without a belt-feed mechanism. At least it's one at a time. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:30 am »

"Maybe we could just terrorize them into submission? Send either of the heavily armored people ahead, showcasing the fact that their weaponry does absolutely nothing against them, then see if they surrender when we ask them nicely. If not, subdue. If impossible to subdue, exterminate."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: December 02, 2012, 05:18:17 am »

"Maybe, but... well, these people have likely seen, and in some cases probably contributed to, absolute hell. The notion of them being truly afraid of anything might not be entirely sound anymore.

That said, demonstrating the futility of shooting us does sound nice. If either of them don't mind being target dummies for hopefully crappy weapons, that might be helpful. If nothing else, they're bound to realize they're going to run out of ammo at some point, right?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: December 02, 2012, 05:28:13 am »

"Or they're going to improvise." Feyri said solemnly.

"Team A- B, what info did you find?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10059 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11:06 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"Hey team, did anyone else feel a tremor? Let's hope it's not an earthquake."

Take any and all civilian weapons and ammo except for the sniper rifle. Try to take them before someone else does. If the door doesn't open use the chisel to make a handhold for Miyamoto like last time.

"Police sometimes acts like a gang, caring only for their own. If this IS police we are fighting they are no different then any of the other thugs in this place."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:42:29 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:52 am »

Take all the weapons and ammo lying around, give a weapon and ammo to anyone who asks. Keep going in front of the rest, play blatant lies.mp3 whenever entering a room.

((Haven't had time to read all the posts, so I don't really know what everyone is doing. Will catch up asap)).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:03:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: December 02, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

Team B - Lukas - Entrance to PD

Lukas tries to ignore all the conversation on how to deal with any potential hostilities inside the Policy Department. After the conversation goes on for a while he loses his patience. "Look, let's just keep this simple. We are here to save the civies. For pragmatic reasons I will just consider anyone pointing and shooting a gun at us a non-civy. It's not like killing 10 or 20 of them is gonna bother Civil Defense." Lukas turns to Miyamoto. "You just play that message. I'll shout some warnings as well and let's just get in there and kill every sorry ass m*therf*cker that tries to kill us." Lukas then turns to the rest. "Oh, and don't accidentally shoot me because I'm activating my laser droids. They won't like you hurting me.".

Lukas then activates his laser droids. He shouts/broadcasts "We're coming in! Don't shoot us because we will sure as hell shoot back and we bring a lot of hardware. Uhm...We come in piece." Lukas then kicks in the door to the Police Department having is shotgun ready.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:19 am »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel, private channel
I would promise you that but I would be a liar. I've already got half my head destroyed and took a round or two to the chest. I'll get fixed up once we're back on the ship.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: December 02, 2012, 08:16:08 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly ; Secure Channel
That's the purpose when I put in a :P , I understand things will happen and there are many unexpected occurrences ahead of us - take the shield for example, I feel like my fate was in the balance in that millisecond of a shot...

Anywhoo, as I've heard from my childhood...

We're on a mission. And that is to survive. For who or for what, is a secondary. For our own existence for those mentioned, is a primary.

:)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: December 02, 2012, 08:22:20 am »

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel, private channel
Oh. Sorry for the misinterpretation, then. Just make sure you don't try to match me in wound counts. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1256