Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938973 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 21
« Reply #10095 on: December 03, 2012, 03:20:09 am »

Team A and B

Jim moved to the bodies. "Mesk, Simus, I want you to look around for clues. Bruce, Ashley, keep a watch for any hostiles. I'll be examining this," Jim said, taking a moment to rest his brain from the draining task of destroying everything for the relatively easy task of searching the bodies for clues and weaponry. If any weaponry is found, he'll divide it up evenly among his team, with preference going to those with the least amount of weaponry first.

No problem Jim, I'll check the bodies. See if I can determine cause of death.

Head in and examine the bodies that are tied up, looking mainly for cause of death.
"I'll get to higher ground, get a better view."
Try to climb up a nearby structre, observe soroundings.
(Will I have to worry about infection?)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Shit.  I hope my new body can handle a virus."
Search the room for clues.
"Got it, Jim."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Avoid open areas and try to stick close to the buildings." Milno says before firing his pods into life. "I'll get to higher ground and get a better picture of this place."

He points at Thomas. "Team B will follow Albino Fucker and Kyle will use diplomacy if anything happens and I'm away. If shooting breaks out, seek cover and issue them one very clear warning, like I did. If they keep shooting, just shoot back or wait for me to swoop in and help you terminate them."

Fly to a nearby high building, ascending close to it and zigzagging to prevent fire. Stay alert for hostiles.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

Team B- Lars, Chaplain

"Yes, Saint Milno.  I will follow them as I would follow you."

He stops as he hears the speech May delivers.  "...I will follow..."

Assist May/Thomas/Kyle.
[Team B = Albino = May]

Boot up external speakers to max volume and then declare the following: "We are the Elite United Universe Peacekeeping Committee. If you hear this, drop your weapons and come out with your hands up! Anyone who does not comply shall die a painful death, and if I find you before that, I will personally sodomize you so hard you'll get impregnated with a litter of puppies. That is all." Then turn external speakers off and stick to cover while scouting the area for peoples.

[Team B: Sniper: Thomas]

A chill rolled up Thomas' spine lazily, and he subconsciously hovers closer to the group.
"Blueshirts? Isn't that cops? Or government?"
Check the area for any ambushed lying in wait.

Jim, leading the way, crouches down to examine the remains of the barricade. If there were men or weapons here, they've all been burnt and smashed and torn into so much charcoal and shrapnel. Even the metal plates of the barricade are shattered and bent.

The rest of the team pushes past, charging heedlessly into the room, Milno stepping in first and scanning the area his arm held to stop the rest of the team from coming in. He takes a few steps forward and suddenly the buildings are alive with movement signatures; bright points of yellow light flashing behind windows, scrambling around the buildings and their perimeter walls. It's hard to tell how many of them there are, but there are lots, an they're moving to firing positions.

Team C and D

((I think Objective was Ashley...))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armed Mercenary ; At the closed door of ye Police Station with the phrase BLUESHIRTS all over it.

"Cheers to another convoluted idea: These men hoarded badges as a sign of rank or power. The more they had, the more important they thought they were. An improvised sort of hierarchical status.

"Anyway, since most of us have suits that can stand environmental effects, but are easy to rip as paper, I say those with MKIs are taking the body armor. I'm getting one if nobody minds. We've nine dead here anyway..."

Claim the body armor and wear it.

"I'm expecting a firefight when the door opens, or a claymore mine trap, or some kind of trap. Does anyone have fiber optics or some kind of listening device?"

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)
Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"Really, Lukas? How the hell did you manage to do that?"

Get the badges from the bodies. "Badges? You don't need no stinking badges!" Help Lukas get his foot unstuck. Try to open the door.

"Anybody who is not sufficiently armed feel free to ask for a gun. The rest I'm keeping because one can never be sufficiently armed enough."

Jobasio heard the discussion and turned his head from the amusing sight before him, trying to focus on the badges the others had found rather than the scorched corpses themselves. He had enough of a look to satisfy his curiousity, then went back to covering the door.

"Well, at least they weren't law enforcement. And most likely we'll find those who did own the badges up ahead, dumped in a corner to rot." He thought for a moment, flexing his hand on the rifle's barrel absently, then added, "Perhaps that's why they chose not to surrender? I imagine they hardly expected a merciful trial after murdering the colony's police force."
He was partially trying to convince himself, really.

>Cover the door. Move to the best position from which to do so, without having friendlies in my line of fire.

((Edit: Feckin' typoes!))
Bishop shook his head at Lukas, sighing in frustration.

"Perhaps you could have just, you know, opened the door like a normal person? I'm not slicing this one open, I have to conserve my cutter's fuel. Pull your foot our and see if you can just open it normally, or pull it open with your hands."

Open the door normally after Lukas stops fooling around. Be ready to shoot and stay in cover while the doors are opening.
Sambo - Team D - Still looting "Cops"

"Maybe they nabbed those badges off any cops they killed? These guys could be anyone. Who fucking knows? I'm grabbing some armour anyway. Their weapons might be a lot crappier than ours."

Get body armour and wear it. Put some duct-tape over the word "Police" so that it isn't visible. Scan area for any paper-work or radios, on the dead bodies or not.

"Being a cop might make you a target around here, so it's probably best not to be one of the poor sods. The pay's shit anyway. Let's all have a look-see if they've got any stuff on them that might give us a clue to who they were or where their mates are eh?"
Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Hallway to Police Department...

"Well, either these were police or they killed the police and took their stuff. Judging by the fact that one of them has three badges, I'm guessing the latter."

Take badges and examine them for any information on their owners.

Team D - Lukas - Stuck in PD Door

"Stupid fuckin door!"

Try to pull the door open with hands.

Stacy begins scavenging the badges from the bodies, handing them to flint when he's done. There isn't much on each badge, just a 6 digit number, but each number is different. Some kind of identification system most likely. Some of the badges look more ornate while others are simpler, There are many more simple badges then ornate ones.

Feyri and Sambo attempt to gather some of the body armor but it comes apart in their hands, burnt far to badly to hold together. They drop the remains and dust the ashes off their hands before joining the rest of the team in an effort to pry open the door and free Lukas. It is a difficult operation, A lukasectomy, but they manage to pull it off using a great deal of prying, auto-chiseling, wrenching about, and repeated slapping. With his foot free it is an easy job for Bishop, Miyamoto and Lukas to pry open the door and reveal the room beyond. The police station is less a police station and more a goddamn fortress: Beyond the door is a small, mostly empty courtyard populated only by large concrete planters with whats left of very dead plants in them. Beyond that is a solid wall of metal, the police station build directly into the rock itself, only it's front face showing. It's windows have been covered, metal welded over them to form thin firing slits, it's door heavily reenforced. Someone has modified this place to withstand an invasion.

No sooner is the door open then the firing starts. The team scatters to either side of the hall, pressing themselves up against walls near the door, safely out of the line of fire as bullets richochet down the hall, raising sparks and filling the hall with a hellish echo of metal on metal.  The barrage lets up a moment later and everything falls deathly silent.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: December 03, 2012, 03:48:14 am »

Hugging the wall to one side, rifle cradled close to him, Jobasio looked to Faith and raised his eyebrows.
"Any particular plan, then? Robots and battlesuit in first, still?" He spoke quietly, after the firing had died down. "It certainly seems unlikely that they will back down and surrender; they have quite the setup in there."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: December 03, 2012, 05:35:52 am »

"We don't want to fight you!" Feyri shouted over the silent din of battle. "Team! Holster weapons! Who else is out there, we wish to talk!"

Diplomacy! And ready gauss rifle, scoping out any targets from cover.

Feyri signaled to Faith and Miya what she expected with her hands, as well as via wristpad.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Team C & D ; Secure Channel > James Kelly
Alright, we've gotten ourselves in a firefight against a fortress. My experience tells me that we can't survive this without any remote explosives or heavy firepower - that means not using any amps as we're standing on open ground. We signal for peace, but we ready for a fight. The most linguistic of us should try to talk em, while those with long ranged weapons try to scope them out.

Hmm, I'm really expecting tear gas canisters or grenade launchers popping in when they see us in full force. Machine gun nests aren't out of the question, lucky nobody got hit. Spread out evenly and use cover. If they use rudimentary guns, watch for the flashes. They pinpoint where they are.

Know this. Whether we fight or not, we're in a battle of attrition with our side winning. They can't hold out forever.

Diplomacy first. As my sister said: "Speak to disarm, then shoot anyone who disagrees." But politely.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: December 03, 2012, 05:56:01 am »

Bishop checked his wristpad from his position right next to the door on the right, pressed up against the wall as best as his rocket pods would allow, and quickly typed a reply.

Quote from: Bishop; Team C & D
Thankfully, we have a walking tank with us in the form of Lukas and we can breech that building easily with our manipulators and lasers. The hard part is getting into cover without getting blown to bits from leaving this doorway. From cover just inside the station, we can take out their gunners and suppress them so we can move forward in groups to the building where we can cut our way in.

Any ideas on how we get out from this doorway?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: December 03, 2012, 06:01:15 am »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Perimeter of the inside of the Police Station

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Team C & D Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place; Secure Channel > James Kelly
We get through the walls, Bishop.

Also, I'm betting they've got a leader organizing the defense, as well as saving their heavy ammunition for later on when things get desperate, or a big and intimidating threat presents itself. Hey wait, who has those Mining Laser Suits?

Anyway...if we're going via the usual charge and cover method, I'd prefer the charging units act as spotters too, so those with ranged weapons can pick out any gunners.

I really wish we packed smoke grenades, or anything that can cover our position. Why aren't we equipped with those?!

Quote from: Transmission to Team A & B
We're in a pickle now. How are you all doing there? :D

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:03:39 am by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10100 on: December 03, 2012, 06:06:19 am »

Name:Flint/Competent Miner - Team C - PD entrance

"Don't worry, I'll find you some cover. I'll see if I can make a shield for us."

Try to rip part of the barricade in order to form a shield large enough to shield any non-armored squad members.

"But I think that first someone (well armored) should remind them that 1. their food is running out, if it hasn't already and 2. we have the biggest guns... literally."

"Okay, her's what I'm thinking. When... I mean if diplomacy fails, me and someone with equal if not more strength and armor take the shield I'm making and start running towards the gate, with the rest of the squad behind the shield. Once we're close to the building we'll (probably) be safe. Anyone with long range weapons or low armor can stay back and provide covering fire. Anyone able to fly can make a dash for either the top of the building or the gate. Once there we can attempt diplomacy again or start 'securing' the building. Maybe we can make a second shield to spread their fire."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:36:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: December 03, 2012, 07:09:53 am »

Team D - Lukas - PD

Lukas sends a transmission to his teammates:

Quote from: transmission to team C and D
"They will probably shoot us as soons as we show a limb. They don't seem to be using any heavy weapons. I haven't really tested this body yet, but I might just be able to withstand their bullets long enough to return them the favor. If I use bull's eye mode I should be able to pick off at least a few of them. Feyri, if your diplomacy won't work I am gonna try this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:50:08 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:46 am »

Try to determine their position using my heat vision, zoom and motion tracking. Relay this image to the other's faceplates. Blare blatant lies.mp3 while looking in their direction, return to cover if the incoming fire is too heavy. Also give the mining laser to Faith.

'Okay, I have something of a plan, in case diplomacy fails. Me and Lucas both grab a makeshift shield. I cover the front, he covers the 'roof'. We move in with the most melee or gun-oriented fighters in our team and try to breach the fortress. Meanwhile, the amp users and the mining-laser wielding miningsuits provide cover fire from the hallway from another piece of makeshift cover. Once we're in, we try to subdue them. While the breach team is inside creating havoc, the mining suits take their cover and use it to get the rest of the team inside. Does everybody agree with this? Or does anyone see any other way? Cause this plan is hella risky, I know, but I don't see any other options. '

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10103 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:59 am »

((Who has the second mining laser? Somebody took it when we got down on level two but I don't remember who. Was it someone on teams AB?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:45 am »

((Miyamoto has one I think. Unless he gave it away to someone else that is.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:55 am »

((Miyamoto has one I think. Unless he gave it away to someone else that is.))

((Yes, I have one. I have tried to lend it to both ironyowl and paris, but they haven't responded to that yet for some reason.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10106 on: December 03, 2012, 08:25:30 am »

((I believe the auto-chisel I currently wield is more useful, but if we go ahead with your plan I will gladly accept it and provide covering fire. I was inquiring about the second laser, the one you found in the comm room I think.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: December 03, 2012, 09:01:07 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Station.

To the team: "Maybe we should point out that between having access to heat vision and field manipulators we can incinerate them all at any moment without even having visual contact (an ability they do not share), and have merely restrained ourselves from doing so due to the fact that we are here to rescue them?"

Other than saying that, sit quietly for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: December 03, 2012, 09:04:47 am »

Team B - Lukas - PD

((You know you're on Team D, right?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: December 03, 2012, 09:05:49 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Team C & D  ; Secure Channel: James Kelly
Hey, hey everyone!

[PING]

Listen up, I'm under the assumption that they've something up their sleeves - not this ol underestimate the enemy idea just because they have rudimentary weaponry. We only have amps at our disposal, yes, but they've got the whole POLICE ARMORY including anything else they scavenged - the police don't have just anti-riot or civilian dispersal tools, they have heavy weaponry and military grade weapons, albeit of a lower class obviously in cases such as these.

Let's not...be overconfident here. Just believe me on this hunch, please. I...know a few things about them.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1256