Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940226 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10035 on: December 01, 2012, 11:59:44 pm »

Standing up, Lars edges away from Jim just a little bit.

"Praise be to Steve!  Saint Milno has shielded us all with his radiant glory!"

He grabs his broken rifle.  "Is anyone able to fix this?  My knowledge of repair is lacking.  If not, I need another, Steve willing."

If anyone offers to fix rifle, let them try.  If not, take a look at it myself.  If it's totaled, see if I can salvage the clip out of it.   Accept any offered replacement weapons.  ACTION REDACTED- new action in post below.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:07:36 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: December 02, 2012, 12:02:59 am »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: First Barricade]

"Damn... That was loud."
Thomas slowly peeks out of cover, motioning for May to stay back in cover. He tries to get a good look at what just happened, and what's past the barricade.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:06:24 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: December 02, 2012, 12:03:19 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, they had it coming." Milno said, simply shrugging before walking forward. "Careful or your brain may explode, Jim."

He takes a look over to Lars, narrowing his eyes and offering his gauss rifle.
"You should leave it to be fixed back on ship. Take this while we're here, but I don't want you drawing any shit on it. Either you return me as clean as you got it or you buy me a new one."

Just keep the motion sensor on and walk towards the barricade if there is no impediment to it. If there is an obstacle to it, just jetpod to vault over to the location the barricade was.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: December 02, 2012, 12:05:11 am »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armed Mercenary ; At the closed door of ye Police Station with the phrase BLUESHIRTS all over it.

"Definitely human dissent. I guess whatever happened here is all the cause of this tension...Team A/B, what have you got? Jim? I...saw that. That was..."

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Secured Channel = James Kelly
Are you OK?

Feyri averted her gaze at seeing the bodies, carrying one of the rifles and requesting her character sheet before speaking.

"Blueshirts is another term for police or law enforcement, as far as I recall Bishop. Usually had those kinds in my...colony back in the day."

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: December 02, 2012, 12:07:12 am »

Lars frowns at Milno's request.  "It seems an insult to Ingram after he and Pathmas saved my life, but I will follow your request.

Accept rifle, follow Milno.  Collect broken rifle and see if clip is salvageable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: December 02, 2012, 12:10:48 am »

Jim nodded to Milno. If he'd still had lungs and a throat, he'd probably be out of breath. Instead he leaned on the wall for a moment. "Any of you inside: did you see what just happened? Surrender now or I will give you a much, much harsher fate than what these assholes got. Would you like your intestines pulled out through your throat? Or your lungs melted inside your body? No? Then throw down your weapons, come out, and surrender. NOW!" he roared down the hallway. Bravado aside, he needed to rest his head. Or get an aspirin. He remained immobile, leaning on the wall for support for the moment.

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel, private channel
I have a massive headache, but I'm lucky I've been 'botted. That first shot would've torn my brain in half if I was still in my original body... they were too dangerous to be left alive. And you heard what they said to Milno; they didn't want to surrender for their own good. It was us or them, and like always I chose us. Feyri, how are you and yours holding up?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:31 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Secured Channel = James Kelly

We've encountered the same here. I took a round to the shield, now its broken. Still, the door here is...wait, our video feeds are mutual, you can see the BLUESHIRT Police door, right?

Well, yeah. Incinerated the people, nine in all. Including your...eleven? Twelve? Hmm, twenty-one people.

I really think we're about to find what we've been knocking for. Either the people here have discovered something, there is internal dissent, or the military is using us as meatbags.

Still, its nice to see you doing OK :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: December 02, 2012, 12:39:00 am »

((Holy FUCK you do not piss off Jim, he will freight train the hell out of you with his mind. Guess they knew what they were doing when they cloned that psychic.))

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"We should... probably give them a chance to surrender," Faith commented, looking at the door. "Plus, if they didn't hear us coming in they're not going to hear us now."

Setting her speakers back up, she thought about an appropriate message.

"Attention citizens, this is a rescue force with orders to evacuate all survivors. Unfortunately many of us are also berserk psychopaths serving an elaborate death sentence by being sent into plague-ridden murderously rioting colonies, and are thus more than willing to butcher anyone who tries to shoot them.

If you would like to be shot in the face by one of our two giant robots, feel free to open fire at your nearest convenience. If you would like to be loaded into an APC and transported elsewhere, please notify us instead."

Diplomacy at the door, then follow everyone in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: December 02, 2012, 12:48:59 am »

((You say Robot, they say EMP. :P[/sorrybutOOCdoesn'taffectgameplay]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:05 am »

I don't believe our video feeds are mutual. When I set it up back on the ship, it was one way, so you could keep tabs on me. I should probably shut that feed off later. I don't want to distract you too much, but at the same time I will admit that I like the idea of a guardian angel watching my actions... even if I would prefer it to be the other way around. Stay safe, Feyri, and don't take any unnecessary risks. I love you and I don't want to lose you.

(@Irony: To paraphrase Epic Lloyd of ERB, I'm big Jim Kelly and this shan't be pretty, let me instruct you how battle in the HMRC. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:28 am »

Considering what any HMRC member goes through, there's not much that could surprise Kyle. What Jim did happened to be one of those things.

"You... just... I don't even know what to say about that...", he trailed off in disbelief. Recovering himself, he followed Milno as per usual.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: December 02, 2012, 01:21:02 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Private Channel = James Kelly
We didn't make it mutual? :P

Well...I've to say I find it good that you're letting my get full access to whatever you see, though I'm fine if you want to shut it off if you think so. I didn't take any unnecessary risks, by the way, my shield saved a bullet from hurting someone.

Also, thanks on that Guardian Angel :> We're all hear for you, and on that note - everyone looks up to you...

Yes that includes Faith. :P Don't ask.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: December 02, 2012, 01:35:48 am »

I'll wait to shut it off until after the mission - right now it's useful to you and your teammates that you can keep an eye on what Team A is doing through me. I have something I want to give to you once we get back to the 'Sword, so I'll just cut the feed then.

Jim really hoped she hadn't been paying attention when he was in the jewelry shop. He wanted that gift to be a surprise.

You'll always be an angel to me, guardian or not. You made me believe that despite my origins and current situation I can be human too, and I owe you for that. Stay alive and I'll make it up to you however I can.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: December 02, 2012, 01:55:09 am »

Jobasio stepped carefully over the bodies and shuffled to one side, dodging armoured figures and large robotic forms, and knelt by one wall with his rifle trained on the door ahead. His face was ashen.
"Good grief. They didn't stand a chance. What use is marksmanship when you can simply fill the enemy's little base with burning flames?" He absently wiped a bit of greasy soot from his gauss rifle before returning his hand to the barrel.
He forced himself to look at it differently. 'Don't think about that, pay no attention to them. This is a good thing; I am on my first mission and our enemies are using peashooters against a force of robotic death machines and armoured psychics. It's basically free tokens, compared to the stories I've heard.'
Still, it got to him. Were these people the ones responsible for the killing up above, or had they simply barricaded themselves in in terror? They were dying just as badly as the rest, it seemed.
He hoped at least what happened to this lot would convince the rest to surrender peacefully.

>Kneel to one side of the hall, train rifle on the doorway, allow Faith to proceed with diplomacy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: December 02, 2012, 03:06:58 am »

((Got some Magneto in you Jim.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1256