Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946759 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9435 on: November 22, 2012, 12:10:41 am »

((To anyone wondering: Yes, Tiruin likes to RP Feyri that way. It is good RPing.))

((Good thing you clarified that. :P Ah, Feyri; the most innocent of mercenaries...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: November 22, 2012, 12:14:57 am »

((Could you explain. Really.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: November 22, 2012, 12:15:28 am »

((Getting weird Dead Space vibes too. A disease that makes people go insane in a mining colony? Wonder where they stashed the Marker.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: November 22, 2012, 12:18:28 am »

((Oh. Well. It's not like it drives people insane, this sort of thing- panicking as they die to an unkillable foe like a disease, rioting, killing those who they perceive as spreading the sickness- all these things are a part of human nature. Until there's evidence saying otherwise, I see no reason to assume there is anything supernatural involved. :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: November 22, 2012, 12:23:09 am »

((I'm not saying it's the disease causing insanity, but there seems to be a lot of murder, and the colony resembles the one in Dead Space. Deep space mining colony, horrible "disease" breaks out, and people kill each other. Similar, but not the same.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: November 22, 2012, 12:25:16 am »

((Oh, well, I was mainly talking to Tir anyway. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: November 22, 2012, 12:28:21 am »

((Oh, well, I was mainly talking to Tir anyway. :P))
((You were? It didn't look like it. I thought I was being ignored. Because I don't see how that relates to your post :/))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: November 22, 2012, 12:30:59 am »

((??? Um, well. What I was saying is, from Feyri's thoughts she seems to believe the killings and everything were actually caused by the disease hijacking people's nervous systems and causing them to kill each other.
I mean, that's fine and all, perhaps Feyri doesn't believe humans capable of such heartlessness, I was just commenting on how what's been going on here, with the killing and all, is probably normal for such a situation. *shrug*))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: November 22, 2012, 12:33:16 am »

((Yes, I don't. Thanks for pointing it out.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: November 22, 2012, 12:34:11 am »

((*Cue there being some horde of mind-controlled zombies behind this door proving me completely wrong* :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9445 on: November 22, 2012, 02:26:36 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Sterilization, north hallway
"Hey team, guess what IIIIIIII found... It's a mining laser! If it still works and has power, we can use it to slice through blast doors and stuff, no problem! I'll be right with you!"

@Bishop "So it was a mining laser that caused all this destruction in loading and unloading. Sounds like something real heavy. Was it some sort of heavy gun emplacement or was there some kind of super mutant dude full of steroids that was wielding it?"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:30:32 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9446 on: November 22, 2012, 02:43:27 am »

[Team A Leader, Jim - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"All right. Temporary Housing is clear. Let's move on; I'm going into Long Range Communications." Jim proceeded east and tried the door to the connecting hall to the Main Elevator. If no problems presented themselves, he would just pass through the elevator and head south into LRC.

(In light of the fact that I just realized it was the locked door everyone else was trying...)

Jim attempted to punch the door down. Failing that, he'd attempt to melt it again - after warning everyone else to stand back and also doing so himself, of course.
[str:3+1]
You punch the door hard enough that you hear your metal bones vibrating as you pull your fist back. Hmm, well ya put a bit of a dent in it. Could probably get through like that if you kept punching for...a few hours. Yeah, thats not gonna work.

[exo:4+1]
You walk straight into the door as the air around you glows white hot with heat. You slowly walk straight  through the metal as it melts and floods onto the ground around you, solidifying almost instantly. A few seconds later you're on the other side and there's a large Jim shaped hole in the door.

"Now you're just showing off." Mesk says, eying the hole.

You suppress a spasm as the heat dissipates from the air around you.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Temp Storage

"Well, better follow the crowd."

Be watchful of evil things everywhere while going to Sterilization. Examine badass blast door.
You step into the hallway to sterilization and tap the door with your knuckles. It hits with a dead thunk. Yep, that is a solid door.

Team B: Brother Lars, Priest - Quarantine Hallway Exit Door

"Team, the door out of here is locked.  Does anyone have a key, or failing that, means to breach the door?"

Search for the door controls.
You don't think thats really gonna be a problem anymore thanks to jim.

"Door out's locked, can someone get it please."
Fell immense RAGE! about innocent people getting slaughtered.
[speech:1-1]

You sort of bark and hoot through the coms while slapping your thighs and spasming about.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Looks like another one of those oh-so-meltable locked doors is in our way, Jimbo.  Might want to work your psychic magic again."
Follow Jim onward.
You carefully walk through the jim shaped hole in the door and out into the hall with jim.

((Would've been nice to have known that was open on some sort of map. Unless I missed it. Then, derp. Also, all of our characters could do quantum physics equations while fighting and be no worse off for it, if you don't need an INT roll. So long as you yourself are capable of doing them. I was just making reference to that fact in-character.))

Follow along with Jim, contemplating more on the nature of the suit on the way.
You move through the door while thinking.
[int:2+1]
Uh...it make you move through thing when think about move through thing.

((Jeez I haven't been able to post, stupid error's and wonky internet))
Pancaek, team C, temp storage

huh? Oh, must've dozed off a bit there, good thing I stayed with my teammates ((wink, wink))

Enter sterilization, guarding stacy's back and looking for possible threats
Well, you try to enter sterilization but find that there is a very large door in the way and that it is locked with a password and a big flashing radiation warning. Oh. Well.

Name:Flint - Team C - Sterilization, north hallway

"Well, the door to long range comms seems to have been welded shut for some reason so teams A and B should not expect any help unless giant robot guy or someone else is willing blast it to pieces. On the upside, that means that no foul villain is going to be able get the jump on us from there."

Check the room for danger. After that check the room for anything interesting or out of place (corpses, log of arrivals, anything). Finally, Open the door to sterilization if it's unlocked and if not ask Command for the password. If the room is clear check for anything useful or interesting.
((EDIT:Just saw that we're outside sterilization.))

"Why would they weld the door to communications shut? Were they keeping people out or keeping something in? Along with sterilization and quarantine it's one of the only exits from the lower levels." Flint thought out loud.
Your advances are rebuffed by a rather brutish door and a snobbish password.

'Team C, cover Pancaek as he enters sterilization. I don't like the feeling of this, these warning lights aren't a good sign at all.

Pancaek, be careful when you open the door, ok?'

Cover Pancaek, if anything hostile attacks him after opening the door shoot it with 3 seconds of  my laser rifle. If not, enter room and examine it with thermal vision.
If he doesn't enter Steri, do it myself
(not sure if he will due to the wording of his action).

Door in way. Password. Radiation. Beep boop.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing:'Mess Hell']

"Command, could we get a password to the door leading to the Main Elevator and any other passwords for the doors we may find in this level? People seem to be having problems with it and we'll apparently keep stumbling into locked ones."

Ask Command for the passwords. Check if the people were already into the clothes or if it was replaced post-mortem, try to check for any differences aside from how they were executed, then join the team.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"We have no passwords for doors."

You shrug.

(How would you like to check if they were dressed before or after death? How would you go about that?)

Look around sterilisation room for anything useful or any dead bodies. By ready to ask questions first, then shoot later anyway.

"Might be something handy in here. Something about a virus that's been screwing up everyone or something. Check if there's any files or anything could yas?"

((RC, the door's open at one end I'm pretty sure. And yes, Sambo is essentially an Australian. Except he swears more, drinks less, and has a slightly less friendly attitude. It makes him easy to RP, and a nice contrast compared to the characters I play in other rp games (Battlemaster mainly). "Verily, I shall shoot all ye cunts" doesn't really work in BM, where-as it's fine in ER with an Aussie accent.))

The door to the Hallway was opened,the door to the actual room itself is behind that big door.

((That is a seriously awesome suit. I'm getting dead space vibes just reading the folding back part!))

Bishop was quite happy about his new tool/weapon, looking it over curiously.

"Hey team, guess what IIIIIIII found... It's a mining laser! If it still works and has power, we can use it to slice through blast doors and stuff, no problem! I'll be right with you!"

Check that this thing still works and has power, as well as how much power it has left. If I can wear the pack, slip it on and zip down to the ground and catch up with the others. If not, just carry it over one shoulder and catch up with the others and check out who has what weapons on my squad.
(Think something like a powerloader mixed with a MKIII exoskeleton)

You can't really tell how much power the laser has left, you don't see any dials or gauges.

You can't wear the battery pack because of your rockets so you just pick the laser and the battery pack up with some difficulty-even with the exoskeleton these things are freaking heavy- and zip down to the floor and head through to link back up with Faith and the others.

Faith has a Kinetic amp, jackinthebox has a gauss rifle, Lukas is a walking fucking armory and sambo has a laser rifle. And probably shouldn't have anything else.

Jobasio glanced back in Bishop's direction as the latter spoke over comms. At the mention of a mining laser he chuckled.
"Well well, that's interesting timing, seeing as we have just now encountered a door that more-or-less puts all the others so far to shame." His small smile dropped a bit. "...Although, who knows if what's behind this door is something we want to find. Those responsible for all the killing back there may well be sheltering behind this door."

So saying, he shifted his grip on the gauss rifle a bit and moved to one side of the hallway, dropping to a crouch and making ready to train the rifle on the door. "Best be ready for anything. Whoever's breaching this door, I advise getting back quickly as soon as you've made the breach so we can deal with any 'uninvited guests' without risk of hitting you."

>Crouch at one side of the corridoor.

>When someone's about to breach the door, take aim at it ready for whatever could be behind.

>Don't go being trigger-happy, though. Ensure the person breaching the door is out of the way before firing on any attackers. And yes, make sure they are attacking before firing.
You crouch at the door, ready to charge in as the rest of the team sort of bumps up against the door like moths against a lamp.

((To anyone wondering: Yes, Tiruin likes to RP Feyri that way. It is good RPing.))
((What? D:))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

Disease.

How can a disease seize control of an organic's nervous system, or at least any of their voluntary functions and cause a madness amongst them to kill their own? Impossible. Unless it did influence their senses of...anger and rage...or hunger? Ugh, should've passed Biology back then...

Hmm...but it still doesn't seem probable. Either this place is harboring mutant sadists (hahah, I'm laughing in my thoughts~)...or...It just can't be a virus!!

Intuition says others killed the men. Or perhaps the killers utilized mundane machinery - mining gear and stuff that are basic for a colony...Huh, mining lasers? Naah. They wouldn't have bashed the containers...or piled up the bodies? Why am I envisioning giant automatons armed like a militia?!

Bishop found a Mining Laser. That might ex-...

OH MY GOD NO!

"Ehrrmm...Squad? Team D - any Fleshtech please scan that Mining Laser for any DNA imprints or fingerprints of humanoid origin...I'm having a mental revelation here.

"Also, covering you Pan!"

As the team breaches Sterilization, find a suitable entrenched place, partly behind cover where I can provide overwatch for the entering team using my Scoped Gauss Rifle. Put shield at side just in case anything wants to hurt me whilst I'm busy with my internal monologue.

Yeah, that door to sterilization is pretty locked, bro, pretty locked. You hang out in the hall and enjoy the spinning emergency lights.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:49:26 am by piecewise »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: November 22, 2012, 02:47:28 am »

"Thanks Jim....."
Examine hallway.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: November 22, 2012, 02:59:46 am »

Jim tried the door on the other side. If it, too, was locked... then it got the same treatment as every other locked door.

"Don't worry about it. I suggest you stay back a bit in case this door also needs to be melted."

(Is it possible, if need be, for Jim to just spend a few turns relaxing to get his MP (so to speak) back?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: November 22, 2012, 03:35:47 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"You see anything?"
Take a good look around.
"Oh, and everyone?  Maybe we shouldn't speculate so much until we get some actual evidence?  Just a thought.  I mean, all we've found so far are corpses, and, well, speculating based on that evidence will just lead to a... dead end."

(Door on the other side, Serious?)
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1256