Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946613 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9465 on: November 22, 2012, 08:47:29 am »

((Lukas should have asked the doc for a flamethrower :P))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: November 22, 2012, 09:25:44 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, at the badass door to Sterilization.

"Say, I've got this pocket calculator that apparently makes things heat up to unreasonable levels. Maybe I could melt through the door? I reckon I could calculate what it wants me to pretty nicely."

Stacy wonders what his life might have been like if he had a calculator like that during his education. Probably a bit more dangerous.

Consider the architectural style of this place in general. Is it vent-heavy, solid metal, what? Are there many alcoves, depressions and other places that could serve as potential trap locations? Examine wall. Is it solid metal? If not, what is it, then? Furthermore, evaluate its thickness in relation to the blast door.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:20:03 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: November 22, 2012, 09:33:04 am »

Feyri tapped her sword hilt as she mused.

"Has anyone ever tried...y'know, blowing down the wall instead of the heavily locked and armored door? That's a usual tactic I've employed back in the day, usually worked too- if you didn't mind skewed passages. Funny how everyone aims for the door...

"Though, just me thinking aloud here."

Did they get the note on sentient beings?...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: November 22, 2012, 10:06:40 am »

"Has anyone ever tried...y'know, blowing down the wall instead of the heavily locked and armored door? That's a usual tactic I've employed back in the day, usually worked too- if you didn't mind skewed passages. Funny how everyone aims for the door...

"Though, just me thinking aloud here."

"I do believe that it makes very little difference with the pocket calculator. Just do your thing, and the stuff you want melted melts if I remember correctly. Then again, couldn't hurt to check if the wall is thinner. Wouldn't really make sense, considering that a blast door serves no purpose if you can just blast around it, but, when you think about it, people sure can be idiots when it comes to this sort of thing."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9469 on: November 22, 2012, 10:08:30 am »

"D-did anyone check if the bodies were...warm? Or at least if there were still any living signs of disease in them?"

"Considering most of the bodies I've seen were frozen from vacuum exposure I think warmness isn't what we should be looking at to determine the time of death. With such low temperatures it's like they were stuck into a big freezer the moment their suit was punctured. Maybe if we find someone in a suit that has no holes we'll have better luck. From what I've heard the corpses team A and B were checking are more likely to give us some answers."

"But I ain't no doctor so I don't know much about medicine.  Maybe there's another way to determine the time of death. Or maybe I got it all wrong and those dead bodies aren't dead at all. Who knows? Now that I think about it, I should stop talking about things I don't know. You can ignore everything I said."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: November 22, 2012, 10:50:35 am »

((No time, no flavor, just act.))

Search the area for survivors.  Move into unexplored areas where possible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

Follow Milno, as well as any orders he gives until further notice.

((So yeah, sorry for relative inactivity, with Thanksgiving stuff I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment. After the weekend things will be back to normal for me.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: November 22, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »

Follow Milno. Take May with.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9473 on: November 22, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »

Team D - Lukas - Temporary Storage area

Lukas reluctantly steps aside to let Faith pass. "I guess you're the boss...And yes, I am a robot, but I still have a brain that might be affected by the radiation. Do we have a way of finding out whether the radiation will affect us?"

Step aside
You squeeze yourself up against the wall as faith passes and proceed to yell

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" immediately after the radiation warnings sound.

((@GM: Checking how used the clothes are, signs of yellowing from sweat, dirt and uncleanliness in general, how well-dressed the clothing is on the corpses, if it is possible to see any differences on the blood (if analyzing clotting to determine their time of death roughly after thawing is possible), that kind of thing.))

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing:'Mess Hell']

"Well, Jim. It seems you are our lockpick for the rest of the mission."

After checking the corpses, join Jim.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
It looks like there is a fair amount of blood splattering on the clothing consistent with the spray from the shot to the head, so they were dressed before death, but otherwise the clothing is so clean that it couldn't have been long before they died that they put it on. You make a mental note of that and run to join up with jim.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, at the badass door to Sterilization.

"Say, I've got this pocket calculator that apparently makes things heat up to unreasonable levels. Maybe I could melt through the door? I reckon I could calculate what it wants me to pretty nicely."

Stacy wonders what his life might have been like if he had a calculator like that during his education. Probably a bit more dangerous.

Consider the architectural style of this place in general. Is it vent-heavy, solid metal, what? Are there many alcoves, depressions and other places that could serve as potential trap locations? Examine wall. Is it solid metal? If not, what is it, then? Furthermore, evaluate its thickness in relation to the blast door.

You have seen vents around here, but they're very small, few inches tall at most, and there don't seem to be any needless alcoves or hidey holes. As per the walls they seem to be solid metal but judging by the sound of rapping on them -if you can hear it over all the radiation alarms- they're not as thick as the door. Maybe a few inches. Still, thats pretty thick.

((No time, no flavor, just act.))

Search the area for survivors.  Move into unexplored areas where possible.
You move into the hall Jim opened up. No one. You move into the elevator. No one.

(no probs)
Follow Milno, as well as any orders he gives until further notice.

((So yeah, sorry for relative inactivity, with Thanksgiving stuff I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment. After the weekend things will be back to normal for me.))
You stick with milno as he sticks with jim.

Follow Milno. Take May with.
You follow your intrepid leader, dragging your girlfriend behind you as she continues to make pew pew pew noises.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: November 22, 2012, 01:44:26 pm »

((Looks like a bit of the post has gone missing.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: November 22, 2012, 02:10:27 pm »

((I think we should wait for a bit until piecewise fixes that problem to post in earnest.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: November 22, 2012, 02:17:10 pm »

((I think we should wait for a bit until piecewise fixes that problem to post in earnest.))

((So say we all.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9477 on: November 22, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »

Fuck me. Why the fuck did it do that.

Hold on, rewriting from memory, may be a bit truncated.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9478 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »

"Thanks Jim....."
Examine hallway.
It's a hallway. It has a door on the other end. Yep.

Jim tried the door on the other side. If it, too, was locked... then it got the same treatment as every other locked door.

"Don't worry about it. I suggest you stay back a bit in case this door also needs to be melted."

(Is it possible, if need be, for Jim to just spend a few turns relaxing to get his MP (so to speak) back?)
You poke the open button and walk through the door. The inside is a large round room with a control panel on a metal stand in the center. It has one button on it: Down.
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"You see anything?"
Take a good look around.
"Oh, and everyone?  Maybe we shouldn't speculate so much until we get some actual evidence?  Just a thought.  I mean, all we've found so far are corpses, and, well, speculating based on that evidence will just lead to a... dead end."

(Door on the other side, Serious?)
Hall. door on other side: open. Elevator beyond it.

Team D Leader Faith, Temporary Storage

"Our suits should be radiation shielded, yeah. And as Bishop says, it's not like we can just leave this part closed off forever because we don't want to go in there.

Um, could you move? I kind of need to- wait, why are you worried about radiation anyway? You're a robot, aren't you?"

Try to get around Lukas and attempt to Aux my way through the password. Not too aggressively, though.
[aux:6+1]
Yeah I actually wrote out a big thing about this but um, well you found out that the panel won't let you try to enter a password if there's a radiation warning. So you used the pry bar to rip off the panel and hotwire it open.

And then everyone in that hallway got a radiation warning of

"WARNING: RAD LIMITS EXCEEDED. APPROX. 50 REM PER SECOND EXPOSURE"

Name:Flint - Team C - Sterilization, north hallway

Exosuit... That can lift that thing... MINE!
"Uhh... I have uhh... left the monitor on the control booth open. I have to go close it. Can't leave it open, wasting power. Think about the children! Or something... Don't worry, I'll be right back."

Run back to the control booth! Move ship closer to walkway!

Flint didn't feel particularly bad about leaving his team behind. It was full of giant robots and people armed to the teeth. Plus he couldn't do much about the door except stare at it intently and hope it opens. Finally, he didn't think his suit would do much about radiation.

He could do much more to aid the team as a giant robot anyway.
Yeah, you got a [aux:3-1] so nothing happened.

Bishop - Team D - Tech

"Oh yeah, sure, but you won't be able to use the laser with them on. You'll probably blow it apart or crush the laser when you try to use it with the amps on. Now, keep your hands still and let me take a look."

Inspect Miyamoto's battlesuit hands for a way to turn on the inbuilt amps. Try not to get blown apart.
You got a 5+1, which resulted in your activating his amps and getting yourself hucked across the room. No injuries though, just sick ass backflips.

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Loosen the plates, Bishop. Perhaps I can lug it around for you? Also, has anyone...tried to examine the bodies' scent or internal state? If it were a disease, there would surely be any residue...and I still won't believe people did this under that kind of effect."

Remember that ship earlier, re-examine memory if it still carries any power in it.

And you never saw anything that could tell you if it had power or not, so yeah...you don't know and your memories won't help you. Ships don't have blinking lights on them or anything.

Team D, Jobasio; Before the door to the Sterilization room

"...Could we hurry up with this door, perhaps?" Joballeo glanced questioningly at the others from his spot crouched to one side, keeping his gauss rifle trained on the door ahead, "This pose is murder on the knees."

>Stay there, wait for door to be opened.

>Basically do what I described in my last action.

You stand around and enjoy the radiation.

I think thats everyone.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: November 22, 2012, 10:11:15 pm »

((Warnings from where? Some voice recording in the installation or our suits or what? Do we have any idea what 50 REMs means?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1256