Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946748 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9420 on: November 21, 2012, 03:17:19 pm »

[Team B Sniper=Thomas=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

Go and chill with May on lookout duty. Continue switching through the lens types, watch for anything suspicious.

You and may continue to be on "Look out duty" ie standing around trying to look busy.
((XD What an anticlimax-- I was half expecting to lose another character! *Phew*))

Team D, Jobasio; Temporary Storage

"Oh, erm. Thankyou."
Jobasio peered at the pry bar, nodded uncertainly to Sambo, and then slid it into the pack on his back to free up his hands for his gauss rifle. "I'm sure it shall come in handy before long. For... Opening doors, presumably. If there are skulls in need of breaking I might leave that bit up to you."

He glanced at Faith. "Anything else you think we should check here, or should we head for the ever-so-mysterious Sterilization area?"

>Continue Bodyguard Protocol.
You stick close to faith, following her as she heads for the sterilization room.

[Team A - Demolitions - Simus - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

Message Command: I do think it is important, if we come up against armed personnel, I want to know what they're armed with.

Go into the marked room, seeing if the new suit permits movement through walls doing so:

[will:3]You walk to the wall of the mess hall and cautiously try to pass through, all the while thinking about being..uh...transparent. 

"I am the wind. I am...uh..a pane of glass. I am..um..water based, clear personal lubricant!"

You Tentatively poke the wall and your finger goes through it up to the second knuckle and then stops. You blink, pull your finger back and try again, but this time it doesn't go in at all. Hmm.

You decide to just walk around into the bathroom. It's clear and uninteresting, just as Milno, Lars and Thomas all found it.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ok, well, it doesn't look like there's anything interesting here.  Let's clear the rest of the rooms quickly and move on."
Check the room carefully for people or signs of people.  Then get ready to move down the corridor.
You walk into the room and check it more carefully. You tear off the bed sheets, look under the bed, rummage through the drawers of the dresser and generally toss the place. You still find nothing of any interest.

The next room is the same, just bed and dresser with nothing special anywhere.

(ALL THE ROOMS IN QUARANTINE HOUSING HAVE BEEN OPENED)

"At the risk of sounding A: completely effeminate and B: like I know what I'm talking about, I feel compelled to note that whoever they hired to decorate these rooms is even worse at his - or her - job than we are," Jim grumbled. "That and something feels off, but I'm not sure what. Other than the God-awful design, I mean." Tapping his fingers against his leg in irritation, he tried the door on the south wall.
The room room on the south wall appears to be full of rampaging mesks who are tearing up the place. He shoulders past you and into the next room. How rude.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Temporary storage
Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

On squad channel: 'Don't enter Long range Coms yet, that was A and B's objective. And I do believe command doesn't like it when we deviate from the plan, and remember, they've got access to our spinal shockers. Let's check sterilization and the elevator first, then we can do LRC if A and B aren't there yet. In fact, could any of you give me some backup here?'

Think about what the contents of that crate could mean, why would this colony ask for this kind of stuff? Keep moving to the back of the Temp Storage, watch for traps etc.

It's hard to say what they mean exactly, but their implications are confusing. Shipping things through space is already massively expensive let alone when you do it out to the middle of nowhere, so most colonies are mostly self-sufficient and only ship in things they really really need. Plus it takes so long that it's practically meaningless to ship in goods like this: Who wants to order chocolate and wait 15 years for it to get here when they could just grow and manufacture their own.

If they're getting stuff like this sent here then there must be something special about this colony. Either they're much richer then you ever imagined or they've got connections to something or someone big.

You move to the back of the storage room without issue.

"Hmmm... There must be a latch or button somewhere..."

Examine the suit closely for ways of getting it off, try the most logical solution. If the guy is dead inside, use my razor to slice his fingers off my new laser.
[int:4]
Lets see he had to get in through the front here so this part must open up somehow. Like this maybe?

The suit's front opens with a mechanical whir, bits sliding and folding in to allow someone to get into the suit. Inside the heavy metal is a normal civilian spacesuit and one very dead man by the look of it, though it's not obvious how  he died. His body and suit are still intact as far as you can see. You yank is arm out of the exoskeleton's sleeve and open the hand yourself, releasing the laser.

"I don't think we are going to find a-anything here, this was just where they put the i-infected before...before."
Look down the hall to the main elevator.
The door out of the quarantine area seems just as locked as the one in. Problematic.

[TEAM D - Lukas - Temporary Storage]
Lukas walks to the entrance to the sterilization area, shotgun ready. "What do you say Faith? Check out this next room?"
You thud over to the exit towards the sterilization room, knocking boxes and teammates out of the way if they're in your path.
Name:Flint - Team C - Temp storage, west entry

"Just going to check the hallway. Don't want anything get the jump on us from behind."

Open the door, peek inside and then close the door. See if I can place something in front of it to block it. (Not necessarily something heavy. Maybe just something that will make a lot of noise when moved.)
Then join the rest of the team going to sterilization.
The door is a blast door, one that doesn't open in or out but retracts into the walls around it. Makes barricading it hard. You open the door for a second just to see whats down the hall. The hall itself is empty but you can tell from here that the door to the long range coms at the other end has been physically welded shut. You close the door and join up with faith and the others heading towards sterilization.

Team D Leader Faith, Temporary Storage

"Well... I'm not positive we've completely cleared every inch of this room, but it certainly looks like there's nothing of interest here.

Command, what level of detail you want for this? Every corner checked or is a vague once-over good enough?"

Go ahead and open the door to Sterilization.
"From your compiled search footage it appears that the room is clear. Move on."

You head over to the exit and open the door to sterilization, or at least the hallway there. The hallway has a few more transport platforms and a opened box or two, but it's most obvious feature is the half dozen spinning red warning lights down it's length and the very heavy, sturdy door at the end. It looks even bigger and tougher then the other blast doors you've seen so far. You half expect it to have a facial tattoo and be holding a lead pipe.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"Hey people. Just realized that there aren't enough in these rooms for all the bodies in the Mess hall to have been just from the quarantine housing. There were probably fifteen to twenty people around here, and the double in the mess 'hell'."

Enter the mess hall once more, carefully. Examine all the bodies, checking for signs of wounds in all of them and how many exactly had differing types of deaths and if all are dead, then if nothing noteworthy is found, enter the next unchecked room in the hallway.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You head back to the mess hall and check over the bodies once more, keeping a tally of deaths and causes in your head. They all went down by gunfire by the look of it, but most were executed. The others, all of them adults, had been gunned down much less cleanly, but there are only a handful of them that are like that. What seems even stranger is the fact that they're all dressed the same: if only a few were from the Quarantine housing, why are they all dressed in the same disposable clothing?

Team B: Brother Lars, Priest - Quarantine Hallway

Just keep checking.

Check whatever room here is unsearched.  If they're all checked, see if the exit door is unlocked.  Don't go through without backup.
All the rooms have been searched. And the end door is locked. You feel fantastically impotent.
"I-I....really don't know why. Intuition, I suppose?"

Based on what our teams have seen recently, intuit on the possible type of killer at hand, and relate to current knowledge of what Command knows.

[intuition:4+1]
Hard to say for sure what the killer was, but the thing that makes the most sense in terms of strictly mundane happenings is that other people killed these men. Beat them to death with things like the pry bars they used to open the containers. Who knows why, maybe they were fighting over the contents.

[Team D = May, Thomas]

Guard duty with Thomas.

You hum the pink panther theme and sidle along the walls.

((Too... tired... to... dialogue.))

>Follow Faith!

>Look out for hostiles!

>Be a team player!
You stick to faith, following her to the hall toward Sterilization.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »

[Team A Leader, Jim - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"All right. Temporary Housing is clear. Let's move on; I'm going into Long Range Communications." Jim proceeded east and tried the door to the connecting hall to the Main Elevator. If no problems presented themselves, he would just pass through the elevator and head south into LRC.

(In light of the fact that I just realized it was the locked door everyone else was trying...)

Jim attempted to punch the door down. Failing that, he'd attempt to melt it again - after warning everyone else to stand back and also doing so himself, of course.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:55:15 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: November 21, 2012, 03:44:35 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Temp Storage

"Well, better follow the crowd."

Be watchful of evil things everywhere while going to Sterilization. Examine badass blast door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: November 21, 2012, 03:46:02 pm »

Team B: Brother Lars, Priest - Quarantine Hallway Exit Door

"Team, the door out of here is locked.  Does anyone have a key, or failing that, means to breach the door?"

Search for the door controls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: November 21, 2012, 03:49:35 pm »

"Door out's locked, can someone get it please."
Fell immense RAGE! about innocent people getting slaughtered.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: November 21, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Looks like another one of those oh-so-meltable locked doors is in our way, Jimbo.  Might want to work your psychic magic again."
Follow Jim onward.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: November 21, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »

((Would've been nice to have known that was open on some sort of map. Unless I missed it. Then, derp. Also, all of our characters could do quantum physics equations while fighting and be no worse off for it, if you don't need an INT roll. So long as you yourself are capable of doing them. I was just making reference to that fact in-character.))

Follow along with Jim, contemplating more on the nature of the suit on the way.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:38 pm »

((Jeez I haven't been able to post, stupid error's and wonky internet))
Pancaek, team C, temp storage

huh? Oh, must've dozed off a bit there, good thing I stayed with my teammates ((wink, wink))

Enter sterilization, guarding stacy's back and looking for possible threats

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9428 on: November 21, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - Sterilization, north hallway

"Well, the door to long range comms seems to have been welded shut for some reason so teams A and B should not expect any help unless giant robot guy or someone else is willing blast it to pieces. On the upside, that means that no foul villain is going to be able get the jump on us from there."

Check the room for danger. After that check the room for anything interesting or out of place (corpses, log of arrivals, anything). Finally, Open the door to sterilization if it's unlocked and if not ask Command for the password. If the room is clear check for anything useful or interesting.
((EDIT:Just saw that we're outside sterilization.))

"Why would they weld the door to communications shut? Were they keeping people out or keeping something in? Along with sterilization and quarantine it's one of the only exits from the lower levels." Flint thought out loud.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:21:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: November 21, 2012, 04:44:48 pm »

'Team C, cover Pancaek as he enters sterilization. I don't like the feeling of this, these warning lights aren't a good sign at all.

Pancaek, be careful when you open the door, ok?'

Cover Pancaek, if anything hostile attacks him after opening the door shoot it with 3 seconds of  my laser rifle. If not, enter room and examine it with thermal vision.
If he doesn't enter Steri, do it myself
(not sure if he will due to the wording of his action).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: November 21, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing:'Mess Hell']

"Command, could we get a password to the door leading to the Main Elevator and any other passwords for the doors we may find in this level? People seem to be having problems with it and we'll apparently keep stumbling into locked ones."

Ask Command for the passwords. Check if the people were already into the clothes or if it was replaced post-mortem, try to check for any differences aside from how they were executed, then join the team.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: November 21, 2012, 06:25:59 pm »

Look around sterilisation room for anything useful or any dead bodies. By ready to ask questions first, then shoot later anyway.

"Might be something handy in here. Something about a virus that's been screwing up everyone or something. Check if there's any files or anything could yas?"

((RC, the door's open at one end I'm pretty sure. And yes, Sambo is essentially an Australian. Except he swears more, drinks less, and has a slightly less friendly attitude. It makes him easy to RP, and a nice contrast compared to the characters I play in other rp games (Battlemaster mainly). "Verily, I shall shoot all ye cunts" doesn't really work in BM, where-as it's fine in ER with an Aussie accent.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: November 21, 2012, 10:13:44 pm »

((That is a seriously awesome suit. I'm getting dead space vibes just reading the folding back part!))

Bishop was quite happy about his new tool/weapon, looking it over curiously.

"Hey team, guess what IIIIIIII found... It's a mining laser! If it still works and has power, we can use it to slice through blast doors and stuff, no problem! I'll be right with you!"

Check that this thing still works and has power, as well as how much power it has left. If I can wear the pack, slip it on and zip down to the ground and catch up with the others. If not, just carry it over one shoulder and catch up with the others and check out who has what weapons on my squad.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »

Jobasio glanced back in Bishop's direction as the latter spoke over comms. At the mention of a mining laser he chuckled.
"Well well, that's interesting timing, seeing as we have just now encountered a door that more-or-less puts all the others so far to shame." His small smile dropped a bit. "...Although, who knows if what's behind this door is something we want to find. Those responsible for all the killing back there may well be sheltering behind this door."

So saying, he shifted his grip on the gauss rifle a bit and moved to one side of the hallway, dropping to a crouch and making ready to train the rifle on the door. "Best be ready for anything. Whoever's breaching this door, I advise getting back quickly as soon as you've made the breach so we can deal with any 'uninvited guests' without risk of hitting you."

>Crouch at one side of the corridoor.

>When someone's about to breach the door, take aim at it ready for whatever could be behind.

>Don't go being trigger-happy, though. Ensure the person breaching the door is out of the way before firing on any attackers. And yes, make sure they are attacking before firing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: November 22, 2012, 12:03:59 am »

((To anyone wondering: Yes, Tiruin likes to RP Feyri that way. It is good RPing.))
((What? D:))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

Disease.

How can a disease seize control of an organic's nervous system, or at least any of their voluntary functions and cause a madness amongst them to kill their own? Impossible. Unless it did influence their senses of...anger and rage...or hunger? Ugh, should've passed Biology back then...

Hmm...but it still doesn't seem probable. Either this place is harboring mutant sadists (hahah, I'm laughing in my thoughts~)...or...It just can't be a virus!!

Intuition says others killed the men. Or perhaps the killers utilized mundane machinery - mining gear and stuff that are basic for a colony...Huh, mining lasers? Naah. They wouldn't have bashed the containers...or piled up the bodies? Why am I envisioning giant automatons armed like a militia?!

Bishop found a Mining Laser. That might ex-...

OH MY GOD NO!

"Ehrrmm...Squad? Team D - any Fleshtech please scan that Mining Laser for any DNA imprints or fingerprints of humanoid origin...I'm having a mental revelation here.

"Also, covering you Pan!"

As the team breaches Sterilization, find a suitable entrenched place, partly behind cover where I can provide overwatch for the entering team using my Scoped Gauss Rifle. Put shield at side just in case anything wants to hurt me whilst I'm busy with my internal monologue.

Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1256