Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946745 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9375 on: November 21, 2012, 12:08:37 am »

There's a few massive holes in your hypothesis there, Feyri Thunderchest. For example, the colony reported that it was an organic virus afflicting them before going dark. For another, I doubt that they had an AI or even facilities for one, considering the requirements. And another, how would you explain the fact that a good many people seem to have been executed? There aren't any robots with guns an AI, if it did or could exist, could have taken over. Indeed, so far as we've seen, there's nothing autonomous at all, much less automatons.

A microorganism cannot cause such massive trauma, but an infected human or a human trying to maintain quarantine of the colony can. And as I've already said, an infection can mess with your mind as well as your body. We are, after all, simply organic machines with organic computers at the helm... excepting us full prosthetics, that is. We're normal machines with organic computers at the helm. Anyways, even a slight imbalance in brain chemistry can affect judgement, mood, energy, anything and everything to do with the body. An infection throws chemical balances for a loop. I'm sure you can extrapolate the results of that from what I've told you for yourself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:22:17 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: November 21, 2012, 12:14:07 am »

"Simmer down, Simus." Jim wasn't really paying attention to all the theories the other teammates were throwing around about what happened; frankly, he could care less. His job - and theirs - was to just clean up the mess and go home. One more mission down meant one closer to getting out of the HMRC, and that was his motivation - not finding out whether or not there was an alien infection or if an AI had went insane and reported organic viruses or some pharmaceutical company made viruses out of flowers or something stupid like that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: November 21, 2012, 12:19:14 am »

Sorry, Jim. Scientist first, and all that, including the fact that I've worked on an epidemic or two in my time at the labs. Actually, I was working with a recent, if minor, outbreak at the time of the incident - not my work - that got me sent here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: November 21, 2012, 12:23:00 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"I don't quite care about what has caused this as long as it does not bite our asses. Keep your minds focused on the mission, your wits about you and remember Command is listening to the comms." Milno said over the chat.

Either murderous idiots or cheap philosophers, with a few precious less idiotic people sprinkled around. The HMRC was really a trashbin, and he was part of the refuse.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:25:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: November 21, 2012, 12:25:57 am »

"It's all right, Simus. Just listen to Milno, he has the right idea. We're not here to figure anything out. We're just here to do what we're asked to do and come out the other side with as many of us still standing as possible. If you want to theorize, be my guest, but keep your eyes open. I don't want you - any of you - getting knocked on your ass because you were thinking instead of paying attention."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: November 21, 2012, 12:33:57 am »

No effort for me to think and pay attention at the same time. The others, I can't speak for, but I could run quantum mechanics theorems while fighting, and be no worse off for it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:27 am »

Stacy, Team C, Temporary Storage.

Look around. Do a careful inventory of all the stuff in this room.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: November 21, 2012, 01:03:43 am »

Shows what you know of medicine.
Hence the reason you failed. Simus does it right.
Shut it assumptions.

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Well...o-ok...You got that right Simus. Sorry. I'll just check the passage to the LRC."

[Searchword: Map]

Check the way to the Long Range Comms

((Sorry Yoink, didn't know you were... :/))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: November 21, 2012, 01:07:08 am »

(Yoink's an Aussie? Huh. I thought for sure he was a Brit. >.>)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: November 21, 2012, 01:10:29 am »

((I thought Tir was apologizing for the '?' next to Jobasio's name on the Team list, which has just been changed... But I could be wrong. :P Yes, I am on the opposite side of de world from Britain.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9385 on: November 21, 2012, 01:12:26 am »

Hmm curious
Kick the door down
"H.M.R.C. DROP YOUR WEAPONS NOW!"
You try to Kick the door
[str:1-1]
[end:4]
You promptly kick the wall and spend several seconds hoping up and down on one foot, swearing.

[Team A - Demolitions - Simus]

Go back to the Mess and photograph the executions, message them to Command with an attachment reading, "Any idea what weapon(s) were used for this?", and see what's in the room next to the Mess.

((So many 504s, I just want to post.

Edit: It stops just in time for me to be late for an update.))
(Again, I don't know what you mean by "Next to the mess", since that could mean the bathroom or like 3 other rooms.)
You walk into the mess hall and look at the bodies, getting good video of them with your suit before asking Command what did this.

"Unimportant. You are here to clear, not to investigate."

[Team A Leader Jim - Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"I've found what appears to be a journal. There's not enough left intact to be of interest," Jim reported over comms to everyone. Then he headed south and tried the door at the corner.
(That is a door at that corner, isn't it? If not, the last door on the left.)
The last room on the left is actually completely empty. Huh. [int:6] Something here isn't adding up. Whoever decorated these rooms was teeeeerrible.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"Found nothing of interest, again."

Next unexplored room. Use gauss rifle for trap-checking.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You take the next to last room on the left wall, just above the one jim is looking through. Standard stuff, single bed and dresser. [int:5]
Hmm, this doesn't add up. There aren't nearly enough beds here for all the bodies in the Mess hall to have just been from the quarantine housing. There were 15-20 people here, tops, and there was twice that in the mess hall.

[Team B Sniper=Thomas=Temporary Quarantine Housing.]
Follow!
You stick with milno and begin to worry as he stands in the room, seemingly lost in thought.

"Hey...hey...you're not possessed or anything?" You ask, poking him.

Name:Flint - Team C - Temporary storage, entrance

"Looks like there's nothing I can do here. Don't know much about doctoring. I'll go explore."
Don't know much about much now that I think about it...

Go right and follow the wall until the hallway to Long range Comms. (Don't enter the hallway if it's unlocked.) Look for anything interesting along the way: Rooms, storage lockers, desks, forklifts, anything. Gauss rifle at the ready.

To Everyone:"From what I'm hearing from Team A and B and what I've seen so far most people here seem to have been killed by weapons, not a disease. Anyone else find that strange? I mean if the disease came inside the base with a man wouldn't he be the first to cough and drop dead somewhere around here? Command said the disease killed more than half of the colony in three months... Perhaps I'm missing something..."

@Bishop "Can you check the crew of the ship for cause of death? Maybe THEY died from the disease."

((We can hear broadcasts from other teams, right?))
You follow the right wall to the exit of the storage room, scanning for anything interesting as you go. There are platforms like the one in the hall, used to get containers down and move them around, but nothing much else. If someone handled inventory here, there was no evidence of it.

You reach the exit and the panel seems unlocked, but you don't press the open button.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Welp, time to check the doors that don't have blood stains leading from them.  I don't know whether to feel better or worse about that."
Check a door that's hasn't been checked and isn't being checked by a teammate.
You walk to the door that Bruce is hopping around next to and open it, peeking in. Bed, dresser, blah. It's almost like this is all standardized housing or something.

Grab pry bar. Keep checking crates unless Faith moves off somewhere, then follow her.

"Hey, anyone need something to hit people with?"

((The 504's are usually fine. Hit post, wait, and it ends up on bay12 eventually. It just errors on your end.
Government conspiracy? Maybe they've finally worked out that bay12 is a melting pot of crazy genius and are monitoring it to work out how the hell something like this can happen....... With matrix-style double posts from PW and everything. Did I see that cat twice, or was it just me? Dum, dum, DDdDdddduuuuummmmmm!!?!!! The plot thickens. ))
You grab the pry bar and follow faith in her search of the lower right section of the room. It doesn't yield anything new.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Temporary storage
Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

Move to the back of the room, towards sterilization. Keep an eye out for potential hostiles, traps or environmental hazards (like falling crates), back away if encountered. Pry open the first unopened container, look inside.

Meanwhile, save following message under 'blatant lies.mp3', then play it over external speakers on full volume:

'This is the UWM, we are here to rescue you. Come out with your hands above your head, you will be transported to safety by our personnel. Any hostility will be met with extreme repercussions, but if you co-operate you will remain unharmed.'

((By 'draw a map' I meant using my suit's computer to draw a little map with.))

((@Zako: congrats, you just scored yourself a mining laser.))
You dig your suit's fingers into the first crate you find while simultaneously broadcasting your announcement of being a rescue team. The container is tightly packed with shrinkwrapped pallets of food. Not the kind of food you would expect though; luxury items like wine and chocolates, superfluous stuff. Definitely not the sort of thing you'd expect from a colony out on the edge of nowhere.

Team D Leader Faith; Temporary Storage

Sambo," Faith said sternly. "Calm. Down. Do not. Shoot things. Just relax, these are not. The enemy."

She continued staring at him. He was clearly not okay.

"Also," she said to everyone in general, "We've found several corpses that have been beaten to death. It seems the riot indeed took its toll.

Shouldn't be too surprising that there's no diseased bodies yet; presumably they'd have been disposing of those while there was any semblance of order, and not that many people would have been in the loading bay while dying of plague."

Sweep the lower right corner of Temporary Storage for anything interesting.
You wander around through the lower right side of the room, but don't see anything that strikes you as that interesting or out of place.

Team D, Jobasio; Temporary Storage

"No doubt we will find furnaces or similiar, something large where they would have disposed of the diseased dead." Jobasio kept an eye on the rest of the room as he kept pace with Faith, ignoring the bodies. He could hardly be of much use in that regard; as far as he knew they looked pretty dead and that was it.

"Sterilization sounds like a good bet in that regard. Perhaps they would have kept some form of records of just what they were sterilizing, there?" He remembered the blast furnaces of the foundries he had come from. He remembered that poor sod who had fallen in once, barely more than a child-- there was little of him left to bury.
Jobansoda blinked those thoughts away, sweeping the room with his gauss rifle as he followed the team.

>Follow Faith, watch the surroundings for hostiles.

>Try not to step on any bodies.
You stick close to faith, flanking her on the opposite side as Sambo. You fancy  yourself a bit of a bodyguard. Just need the suit and sunglasses.

Lars nodded to Milno and the other man... Mesk his suit read.

He then joined the radio conversation.  "It strikes me as odd that we are here in the quarantine section, and everyone here has died of violence.  I suspect a mob came through here and... well, may they rest in peace."

He spoke again to Milno.  "Saint Milno, I'm going to check further down the corridor."

Head down the corridor and check beyond the next turn.  If anyone living is seen, ask for a peaceful surrender.
You turn the corner. Mesk is there, peeking into a door while Bruce hops up and down, holding his foot. Hmm. That large door just a bit farther down the hall must be the way out of the Temporary housing area.

Team D - Bishop - Techie

"Hmm... I wonder..."

Open the suit and check the occupant for life signs. If they are alive, get them out of the suit and take them to the carriers. If they are dead, see if I can detach the laser and it's power pack from the other suit and see if I can wear it. If I can't wear it, take it down to the others. Don't let Sambo get his dirty mitts on it.
[aux:1+1]
You're not sure how to get his suit open, it's different from the MKIII, and it looks very heavily locked together. The laser is problematic as well; the backpack is easy enough to remove but the man's got a deathgrip on the laser itself.

((What? No extra indiscriminate firepower? Good call :) ))

"Hey, Jobby, catch!"

Throw Jobstrapison the pry-bar. Gently, so he can catch it. Not so hard that it accidently spears him through the head.
You just hand the bar to him since he's literally feet away from you.

((Oh hmm, sambo maybe Australian :D Also, since he's swearing over the comms... XD))

To Everyone:"From what I'm hearing from Team A and B and what I've seen so far most people here seem to have been killed by weapons, not a disease. Anyone else find that strange? I mean if the disease came inside the base with a man wouldn't he be the first to cough and drop dead somewhere around here? Command said the disease killed more than half of the colony in three months... Perhaps I'm missing something..."

"Hey everyone. You in for some of my blind assumptions again? What bodies we've seen are all products of artificial weapons in the least - no sign of biological attacks or any deviations of the body other than what seems to be weaponry fire. I'm suspecting we've an A.I. Outbreak here - the bodies in the Hangar were cleaved in twain and the blood in mixed patterns. Crossmatching it, nothing but a heavy powered weapon (or a giant sword, heh heh) could've done it. Now, in the Temporary Storage, we've got blunt trauma being the cause of death for most of these.

"Here, we've seen most of the scenery - the constructs of containers and derelict ships - strewn apart and toppled as if a disaster struck. I bet we can safely out biological weapons, as nothing that affects the cellular level would've done this type of carnage.

"Jim and any other automaton, please check your sensors and circuitry protocol. I don't want to see anything hacking into your systems. Just to be safe. Everyone who can, turn on the infrared detectors."

Feyri took a breath before regrouping with the others and staying close to Miyamoto, holding her shield up as a guard, "If this place has any sort of anomaly, I'd bet to check the communications arrays first. Has anyone reached that area?"

Examine non-organic structures [like the containers] for the type of damage dealt along with the material composition of the object in general.

The containers themselves are made of some sort of metal, you're not sure what kind, and their damage is similar to the others you've seen before: damage from the prying used to wrench them open.

Stacy, Team C, Temporary Storage.

Look around. Do a careful inventory of all the stuff in this room.

Well, there are lots of boxes, LOTS of boxes, a smattering of dead people and...well thats about it. This really looks to be nothing but a storage room.

Shows what you know of medicine.
Hence the reason you failed. Simus does it right.
Shut it assumptions.

"Well...o-ok...You got that right Simus. Sorry. I'll just check the passage to the LRC."

[Searchword: Map]

Check the way to the Long Range Comms

((Sorry Yoink, didn't know you were... :/))

You walk over to the door to the long range coms where flint is already hanging around. It looks like the door can be opened with the control panel next to it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:17:32 am by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
uR
« Reply #9386 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:20 am »

[Team B Sniper=Thomas=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

Go and chill with May on lookout duty. Continue switching through the lens types, watch for anything suspicious.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: November 21, 2012, 01:19:06 am »

((XD What an anticlimax-- I was half expecting to lose another character! *Phew*))

Team D, Jobasio; Temporary Storage

"Oh, erm. Thankyou."
Jobasio peered at the pry bar, nodded uncertainly to Sambo, and then slid it into the pack on his back to free up his hands for his gauss rifle. "I'm sure it shall come in handy before long. For... Opening doors, presumably. If there are skulls in need of breaking I might leave that bit up to you."

He glanced at Faith. "Anything else you think we should check here, or should we head for the ever-so-mysterious Sterilization area?"

>Continue Bodyguard Protocol.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: November 21, 2012, 01:19:52 am »

"So...am I right to assume that everything has been checked thoroughly and we must all move to our objective now?" Feyri asked, hiding her uncertainty.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:22 am »

"Alright, there's nothing of interest in the first three rooms over here, did you guys find anything of note?"
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1256