Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946737 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9405 on: November 21, 2012, 05:36:17 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Temporary Storage

"Well... I'm not positive we've completely cleared every inch of this room, but it certainly looks like there's nothing of interest here.

Command, what level of detail you want for this? Every corner checked or is a vague once-over good enough?"

Go ahead and open the door to Sterilization.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:50 am »

Team D, Lukas, Temporary Storage

Lukas shrugs at Faith's response. "Well, we have seven more levels of this facility to go and I have the feeling that we need to hurry up a bit if we want to have any chance of actually finding someone alive." Lukas thinks for a moment. "Speaking about survivors...The survivors, or at least some of them, are probably responsible for what happened here so we can't expect a warm welcome. In that regard Sambo's approach of 'mutulate first, ask questions later' doesn't sound too bad at all. So do we need some kind of protocol for dealing with anyone we encounter? We could always...You know...Cut off their heads and have their brains installed in machines. That would also make the logistics much easier." Lukas picks up one of the crates in the room, while keeping is shotgun pointed at the door Faith is about to open. "We could put the heads in this crate."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:04:15 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: November 21, 2012, 07:58:14 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno=Temporary Quarantine Housing]

"Hey people. Just realized that there aren't enough in these rooms for all the bodies in the Mess hall to have been just from the quarantine housing. There were probably fifteen to twenty people around here, and the double in the mess 'hell'."

Enter the mess hall once more, carefully. Examine all the bodies, checking for signs of wounds in all of them and how many exactly had differing types of deaths and if all are dead, then if nothing noteworthy is found, enter the next unchecked room in the hallway.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: November 21, 2012, 08:33:38 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Temp Storage.

To Team C: "It doesn't seem like this level has a great many dangers in it."

Stacy sincerely hoped he was right about that, by the way. He always hated various hazards. So hazardous. And deadly. And sneaky.

To Team C: "What I'm suggesting is maybe us spoon-squaddies should split off from Team D and go to the long-range comm room? Even if something dangerous is in there, we will be easily within reach of all the other teams, plus it was one of our objectives, if I remember it right. No point in ten people wandering down a small hallway into a small room."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: November 21, 2012, 08:51:45 am »

((Physimancer?))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary | Temporary Storage

"Has anyone noticed that the dead have been trying to flee, and were generally killed in groups? I mean, no erratic positioning, but they've been clumped together - not necessarily heading in one certain direction. As if...piled up. There are no smears leading out in a way, though as far as I saw...

"I really suspect sentient killers."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: November 21, 2012, 08:57:47 am »

Team B: Brother Lars, Priest - Quarantine Hallway

Just keep checking.

Check whatever room here is unsearched.  If they're all checked, see if the exit door is unlocked.  Don't go through without backup.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:54 am »

"I really suspect sentient killers."

To Feyri: "Why do you merely suspect sentient killers? We know that disease only killed a certain portion of the population. Riots broke out, according to Command, so it's only natural that lots of people would die pointless violent deaths at the hands of the others."

((A physimancer is a field manipulator user. +1 Unconventional, -1 Intuition.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: November 21, 2012, 09:23:34 am »

"I-I....really don't know why. Intuition, I suppose?"

Based on what our teams have seen recently, intuit on the possible type of killer at hand, and relate to current knowledge of what Command knows.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: November 21, 2012, 09:43:54 am »

To Feyri: "No, you misunderstand my point. We know that riots took place and, as such, mass murder is an entirely reasonable thing to happen as a result. It's kind of a given that our main adversaries will be the residents of this colony and whatever manner of traps and makeshift weaponry they have in store. They will probably strike at us from the shadows when we least expect it. Such as, for instance, while we are going to either of the new rooms. Or now. One could have been hiding in the box right next to one you possibly examined and leaped at you with a monoatomic razor made from household implements or worse, a makeshift gun that would probably explode and compromise the airtight safety of our suits, dooming us to infection and eventual wheezing, hemorrhaging death."

Stacy sighs.

"Well, lethal surprises are the spice of life, I suppose."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: November 21, 2012, 10:36:21 am »

[Team D = May, Thomas]

Guard duty with Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:44 am »

((To anyone wondering: Yes, Tiruin likes to RP Feyri that way. It is good RPing.))

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: November 21, 2012, 11:25:53 am »

((Too... tired... to... dialogue.))

>Follow Faith!

>Look out for hostiles!

>Be a team player!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: November 21, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »

No effort for me to think and pay attention at the same time. The others, I can't speak for, but I could run quantum mechanics theorems while fighting, and be no worse off for it.
((This does sound interesting. Are you going to try it?))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: November 21, 2012, 01:05:12 pm »

No effort for me to think and pay attention at the same time. The others, I can't speak for, but I could run quantum mechanics theorems while fighting, and be no worse off for it.
((This does sound interesting. Are you going to try it?))

(([Int:5] [Dex:1]  The theorem is progresses quite nicely until you walk face first into a wall.  [End:1] Yeah, your nose is broken.  ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9419 on: November 21, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »

((Actually I believe that thinking is something you should probably do when fighting. Although, not thinking has been the cause of much fun in this game.)))
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 1256