Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937467 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Grossly Incandescent
« Reply #9075 on: November 18, 2012, 01:54:25 am »

Some sort of plague outbreak. Wonderful.

"Uh, what are the symptoms of this, well, this plague, if you don't mind me saying? You know, so we can know what to watch out for? Is it just like some kind of flu, or something more apparent, like ebola or something of that sort?"

Stacy always hated germs. So unclean. And deadly. And sneaky.

Ask. If I can see the fellow in the battlesuit, stand next to him.

He looks like a pretty safe bet. And I know how to recognize a safe bet, I think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: November 18, 2012, 01:57:26 am »

For those readers who are curious of the swap-post interval between the last mission and now.

We left off from: here

This is where I request piecwise to link stuff up for easy reading.  :P

((Thanks SC, saved me as I was really busy in RL - family stuff.))
Pre-mission
"Hey. I see you're sporting a new scar there. Got it recently I take it?"
"Oh hey Bishop, I have...no idea what you're talking about." Feyri said, very sure that her body was covered by that MK I suit w/o faceplate.

Post-launch

Feyri stood quiet, leaning on her shield as she listened in to the dialogue. She pondered if any of her medical knowledge - though not her forte - could be of vital use here...

Perhaps not. This was the future anyway, and any psychological or physiological knowledge would just shame her if she was wrong...like all those other times.

"I'd love to say 'I'm with Jim', but then that would deplete any potential fleshtechs for that group.

"Any case, I'll try forming group C. Though I'm a poor leader, mind you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: November 18, 2012, 02:38:24 am »

'A poor leader? Well, at least she's honest. Then again, honesty is not quite the greatest selling point when choosing a team leader least likely to get us all killed.'
Jobasio sighed softly, then pulled forth one of his spare tokens. He'd narrowed it down to two- he did not particularly like the idea of being led by a robot. Sure, perhaps technology had advanced somewhat in the time he'd spent in stasis, but he had seen enough dangerous, even fatal malfunctions whilst working in the factories that the thought was quite abhorrent to him.

"Indecision bores me, to be quite honest with you." He examined the token in his hand for any features distinguishing the two sides, then flipped it to decide whether he would join Milno or Faith's team.

>Flip a token to decide between Milno's team or Faith's team!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9078 on: November 18, 2012, 02:42:39 am »

To Milno: Only it just so happened to look remarkably like the design commonly used on experimental devices where I'm from, usually with the owner's name on them. If you didn't get it from the owner, it wasn't theirs to give. And if the glimpse I caught was correct, the name on it was the same as the name attached to one of the files transferred to me, which also happened to look remarkably like it.

To UWM Military Dude: What was the population of the colony before symptoms started?

Keep considering what the hell this suit does, chat. Attempt once again to fix the broken rifle and generator (I did bring those along, yes?) and make the generator power the laser rifle.
Fixing that laser rifle and generator will require parts.

"In the several hundreds, but we don't know exact numbers. The colony was fairly removed from civilization."

[int:6] Probably has something to do with the fact that your hand went through solid fucking matter. Unless that just happens normally to you and you don't remember it.

Bishop wordlessly looks over the map while listening to the man in charge, before turning to him.

"If we are splitting into four teams, that must mean that this place is pretty damn big. How big are we talking here exactly? How many floors are we clearing? Is there anything we should look for in particular?"

Ask the military man!
"We know of seven floors. You are being split into teams to more effectively search the area but also to ensure a more stable chain of command. Small groups are easier to command then large ones. There is nothing you are looking for. You are simply to clear the area of hostiles-if any should remain- or to remove environmental hazards."

If possible, Lars takes off the left glove of his suit and inscribes a half white/black circle, the symbol of Pathmas, on the back of his left hand.  He then suits back up and draws a white circle, the symbol of Algis, upon the chest piece of his own suit.

"O Pathmas, may your favor shine upon our endeavor!  Algis, may your shielding hands protect us, your children, from whatever harm may befall us!"

Lars thought a moment.

"Steve, do you have a symbol?  What is its correct placement and usage?"

You scribble the marks upon yourself, but steve doesn't respond to you.

"Well, I'm fine with playing medic, Milno, but I should warn you that I don't have any supplies. So unless one of your squad or the UWM has some medical gear on-hand that I could use, I won't be able to do much more than cauterize wounds with this.", Kyle said, holding up his Microwave field manipulator.

Turning to the UWM guy, Kyle asked "Was there anything in their transmission or other data you've gotten that would imply this is more than some extremely deadly plague?"
"No."

Some sort of plague outbreak. Wonderful.

"Uh, what are the symptoms of this, well, this plague, if you don't mind me saying? You know, so we can know what to watch out for? Is it just like some kind of flu, or something more apparent, like ebola or something of that sort?"

Stacy always hated germs. So unclean. And deadly. And sneaky.

Ask. If I can see the fellow in the battlesuit, stand next to him.

He looks like a pretty safe bet. And I know how to recognize a safe bet, I think.
"It is hemorrhagic and respiratory based. That is all we know. Keep your suits on and sealed"

Miyamoto is outside the ship, but you indicate your desire to be on his team.

'A poor leader? Well, at least she's honest. Then again, honesty is not quite the greatest selling point when choosing a team leader least likely to get us all killed.'
Jobasio sighed softly, then pulled forth one of his spare tokens. He'd narrowed it down to two- he did not particularly like the idea of being led by a robot. Sure, perhaps technology had advanced somewhat in the time he'd spent in stasis, but he had seen enough dangerous, even fatal malfunctions whilst working in the factories that the thought was quite abhorrent to him.

"Indecision bores me, to be quite honest with you." He examined the token in his hand for any features distinguishing the two sides, then flipped it to decide whether he would join Milno or Faith's team.

>Flip a token to decide between Milno's team or Faith's team!
You take Faith's team.

Current teams

A
Jim
Simus
Bruce
Mesk

B
Milno
Lars
May
Thomas

C
Miyamoto
Stacy
Feyri

D
Faith
Jackinthebox

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9079 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:50 am »

"Ah. Hemorrhagic, you say? That sounds somewhat bad. So, any special people we should watch out for? Say, a mayor, chief security officer or something of that sort? Any other priority targets for evacuation? Any special objects we should try to obtain?"

Ask question. Make sure my suit is well-sealed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9080 on: November 18, 2012, 03:15:38 am »

"Ah. Hemorrhagic, you say? That sounds somewhat bad. So, any special people we should watch out for? Say, a mayor, chief security officer or something of that sort? Any other priority targets for evacuation? Any special objects we should try to obtain?"

Ask question. Make sure my suit is well-sealed.

"Those in charge were elected by the colony and have no significant role outside of it. Consider them equal to any other person you come across. "

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:05 am »

"There are 20 of you so break up into 4 teams of five each. Elect a leader for each team. When that is done I will assign each team a name and then we may begin in earnest."

@Jim:
"Sure. You get the quarantine area then, since you're more likely to subdue peope non-lethally, but keep Mesk away from civilians. Also, we'll have to check the plans when the teams get ready."

He stares at Kyle for a moment before grinning.
"You can join, smartass."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: November 18, 2012, 03:37:09 am »

"Ah. I see. So, no celebrity guests that need protecting then?"

Stacy thinks for a second.

"What about security measures? Any kind of automated defense systems you know of that we should watch out for? Say, a turret system that shoots razorblade rocket lasers or some other newfangled piece of death-dealing artistry?"

Stacy always hated automated defense systems. So cold. And deadly. And sneaky.

Ask. Try to think of an optimal way to use the Microwave Field Manipulator for nonlethal subdual.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:41:57 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9083 on: November 18, 2012, 03:47:30 am »

"Ah. I see. So, no celebrity guests that need protecting then?"

Stacy thinks for a second.

"What about security measures? Any kind of automated defense systems you know of that we should watch out for? Say, a turret system that shoots razorblade rocket lasers or some other newfangled piece of death-dealing artistry?"

Stacy always hated automated defense systems. So cold. And deadly. And sneaky.

Ask. Try to think of an optimal way to use the Microwave Field Manipulator for nonlethal subdual.
"No. It's not military"

[int:4+1]
Probably would involve burning off a leg.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: November 18, 2012, 03:53:46 am »

'Could someone fill me in on what's happening in there?'

After being briefed by who-ever: 'Hey Feyri, you're with me right? Could you please make sure we have a (decent) medic on our team? I'm not the best doctor myself, so I really think we'll neer one.

Over radio to the UWM-man: 'What kind of weapons could the colonists have access to? Was there a police force down there from which they could have procured weapons, or anything similar?'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:51 am »

To the civic defender: "One final question, do you have any idea what sort of weapons they have down there, if any? Gauss rifles, laser rifles, anything like that? Or monoatomic razors? Maybe some mining lasers or something like them? Just asking to be able to evaluate their offensive capabilities. Do they have any automated field manipulator technology?"

To Miyamoto: "Yes, it appears that our task is to remove environmental hazards and troublesome people from about seven floors of property. There are no automated defense systems or special people we need to watch out for. The plague that was raging in there spreads through the air, so make sure you don't leave your suit. Oh, and there used to be at least several hundred people living there. How many of them are crazy, no way to tell. About to receive info on their available tools and weaponry."

"Oh, and the bad news is, I am on your team. Heh. Greetings, by the way. I am Stacy Buttle. And you would be?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:06:23 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:09 am »

"Very well. Mesk, Simus, New Guy, when we get down there we're hitting the quarantine area. Lethal force is authorized only for self-defense, such as when the target is clearly hostile and/or aiming a weapon at you, or -" and here he glanced at Mesk, although it really was kind of hard to tell since his cameras didn't move "- you do it accidentally. Otherwise, target to disable. Knock them out, break their legs or their arms, whatever you have to do to ensure that neither you nor they die, but with priority on your own life. I'm not going to judge you if you put down a civilian to ensure your own survival, but it is a last resort. Are we clear?"

Jim also waits to hear the answers to the last two questions asked, because that's important information.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: November 18, 2012, 04:04:01 am »

Mesk turns to Milno at the mention of his name.
"Huh, why's that?  These people are sick, I'm going to treat them.  Trust me, I'm a doctor."
He hesitates.
"Well, technically... well, I'm pretty sure I am.  I'm going to have to print out that doctorate again when we get back and make sure it looks legit.  Hey, anyone wanna sign my degree when we get back to the Sword?  I think a signature will make it look even more official!"
He turns back to Jim to catch the end of his speech.
"Hey, what does sending a crowd of civilians into the sky with your mind count as?  Accidental?  Just curious."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: November 18, 2012, 04:11:10 am »

"Considering that I was merely trying to move them away from a teammate at the time... yes, it was accidental. I have a decompensator now. It's not the best one as a recent incident proved, but with a little luck it should stop future accidents. What about you? Do you consider kicking a child's parents to death in front of them an accident?" he said, trying to remind Mesk that he was not in fact the only person here who had killed civilians without quite meaning to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:10 am »

"Yep!  And I did accomplish what I was trying to accomplish in doing so.  I did verify that they weren't our target.  And while we're... I mean, never mind.  So, what's our plan?"
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 1256