Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937485 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: Grossly Incandescent
« Reply #9060 on: November 17, 2012, 11:24:12 pm »

Jobasio simply stood off to one side of the group, head cocked to one side as he evaluated the various possible leaders.
He wrinkled his nose slightly with distaste as he watched the snivelling one named Bruce begging for a spot on the robot's team.
'That one,' he decided, 'Is a liability.' He kept watching, leaning his gauss rifle to one side for now in favour of his datapad.

>Observe my fellow convicts and their actions and equipment, make assumptions as to their levels of skill and experience and note it down on my datapad. Wait until I have more data before making a decision as to what team to join.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9061 on: November 17, 2012, 11:35:00 pm »

To the man: How many citizens were present before the colony began to show symptoms, and how exactly were they falling ill, if you know. And was anyone in there armed?

To Jim: Jim, I don't know about anyone else, but you should lead a team. And I want on it. Not going to be very helpful, with only an experimental grenade launcher to my name, and this weird suit that seems to allow me to pass through objects, but I can still do my best to be helpful.

To Milno: I'll ask again, may I see that rifle you had earlier in the briefing room? The black one, looked like it had writing on it.

Join up with Jim. Ponder what the hell the suit does, exactly.
{int:3]
Eh...you maybe you should try to make it work? Like think about "turn on" or something?

Bruce walks up to To the first group he saw firming, which had the big robot man, and said
"C-can I come with you, p-p-please, you look like you a S-s-survivor"
((Piecewise, where on the map do we start?))
You're not on it yet, but you're going to start at the hanger.

Jobasio simply stood off to one side of the group, head cocked to one side as he evaluated the various possible leaders.
He wrinkled his nose slightly with distaste as he watched the snivelling one named Bruce begging for a spot on the robot's team.
'That one,' he decided, 'Is a liability.' He kept watching, leaning his gauss rifle to one side for now in favour of his datapad.

>Observe my fellow convicts and their actions and equipment, make assumptions as to their levels of skill and experience and note it down on my datapad. Wait until I have more data before making a decision as to what team to join.

That giant robot looks pretty strong, but so does that jim guy and milno. Hmm, but lots of these guys look pretty similar.

Teams so far

A
Jim
Simus
Bruce

B
Milno
Lars

C

D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: November 17, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »

"Hmph," Faith harrumphed, crossing her arms. "I can lead a team, especially if anyone's more interested in saving people than killing things."

She then turned to the UWM man, her tone taking on a tone of curiosity.

"Why do you think there'll be hostiles in there? Do you know why exactly they were rioting in the first place? Why are you sending us in instead of going in yourself, other than that shoving us into a hole nobody else wants to go in is what we're here for?"

Talk.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »

Milno got both weapons out, one in each hand, running a cursory glance over the convicts.
"Albino fucker, you can join me with your girlfriend. Religious freak, you can also join me."

He gives the team another glance. "Anyone good at patching people up? I'll probably need one of those, one of my groupmates keeps getting maimed." he says.

To Milno: I'll ask again, may I see that rifle you had earlier in the briefing room? The black one, looked like it had writing on it.

"Got it for safe-keeping from someone I know. And if you couldn't see it from where you're looking, bad luck then." he answers quite flippantly, as usual.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9064 on: November 17, 2012, 11:58:55 pm »

"Hmph," Faith harrumphed, crossing her arms. "I can lead a team, especially if anyone's more interested in saving people than killing things."

She then turned to the UWM man, her tone taking on a tone of curiosity.

"Why do you think there'll be hostiles in there? Do you know why exactly they were rioting in the first place? Why are you sending us in instead of going in yourself, other than that shoving us into a hole nobody else wants to go in is what we're here for?"

Talk.
"The colony was in the midst of a full riot when the call for aid was sent. It may still be. Or they may all be dead already. I am warning you only about the possibilities. I can only guess they were rioting because their friends and family were dying by the dozen around them and they didn't think enough was getting done. And we are not going in because we have other jobs to do. And further insubordinate talk such as that will earn you nothing but an electrical reminder of your place in this situation."

Current teams:

A
Jim
Simus
Bruce

B
Milno
Lars
May
Thomas

C

D

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:40 am »

Milno got both weapons out, one in each hand, running a cursory glance over the convicts.
"Albino fucker, you can join me with your girlfriend. Religious freak, you can also join me."

He gives the team another glance. "Anyone good at patching people up? I'll probably need one of those, one of my groupmates keeps getting maimed." he says.

"Got it for safe-keeping from someone I know. And if you couldn't see it from where you're looking, bad luck then." he answers quite flippantly, as usual.
Thomas smiles.
"Don't worry. May always patches me up. And, uh, thanks for letting me into your team."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:30 am »

"I'll go with you if you want, Milno.  Otherwise I'll go with Faith."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: November 18, 2012, 12:11:46 am »

To Milno: Only it just so happened to look remarkably like the design commonly used on experimental devices where I'm from, usually with the owner's name on them. If you didn't get it from the owner, it wasn't theirs to give. And if the glimpse I caught was correct, the name on it was the same as the name attached to one of the files transferred to me, which also happened to look remarkably like it.

To UWM Military Dude: What was the population of the colony before symptoms started?

Keep considering what the hell this suit does, chat. Attempt once again to fix the broken rifle and generator (I did bring those along, yes?) and make the generator power the laser rifle.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:30:10 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:08 am »

"Very well, you two follow me. I'm not a demanding boss and I'll do my damnedest to make sure all of us make it out alive, but if I ask you something, I expect you to do it. Got it? Oh, and Mesk, Feyri? You're with me, right?" he said. He'd feel better if he could keep an eye on her... much like how Thomas and May were sticking together, he expected. They could do a lot worse than follow Milno. Speaking of...

"Milno, what's the plan? The way I see it, one team should head into the temporary quarantine housing and the other should go into the long range coms room. Team A will then progress through the hanger and into loading/unloading while Team B clears out temporary storage and closes the pincers on loading/unloading. Once we meet back up, both teams clear sterilization. Once we do that, we can think about who continues down the main elevator and who goes down the storage elevator. Does that sound good with you?"

Dialogue at Milno.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:29 am »

Bishop wordlessly looks over the map while listening to the man in charge, before turning to him.

"If we are splitting into four teams, that must mean that this place is pretty damn big. How big are we talking here exactly? How many floors are we clearing? Is there anything we should look for in particular?"

Ask the military man!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:28 am »

"Huh?  Oh, ok.  I guess I'll go with you, Jim.  Just... try not to break my spine, ok?  Even if I can heal from it now, it's still annoying."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: November 18, 2012, 12:30:40 am »

If possible, Lars takes off the left glove of his suit and inscribes a half white/black circle, the symbol of Pathmas, on the back of his left hand.  He then suits back up and draws a white circle, the symbol of Algis, upon the chest piece of his own suit.

"O Pathmas, may your favor shine upon our endeavor!  Algis, may your shielding hands protect us, your children, from whatever harm may befall us!"

Lars thought a moment.

"Steve, do you have a symbol?  What is its correct placement and usage?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: November 18, 2012, 12:40:09 am »

"Yay, we're with Milno!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: November 18, 2012, 01:30:52 am »

"Well, I'm fine with playing medic, Milno, but I should warn you that I don't have any supplies. So unless one of your squad or the UWM has some medical gear on-hand that I could use, I won't be able to do much more than cauterize wounds with this.", Kyle said, holding up his Microwave field manipulator.

Turning to the UWM guy, Kyle asked "Was there anything in their transmission or other data you've gotten that would imply this is more than some extremely deadly plague?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: November 18, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

"Well, I'm fine with playing medic, Milno, but I should warn you that I don't have any supplies. So unless one of your squad or the UWM has some medical gear on-hand that I could use, I won't be able to do much more than cauterize wounds with this.", Kyle said, holding up his Microwave field manipulator.

Turning to the UWM guy, Kyle asked "Was there anything in their transmission or other data you've gotten that would imply this is more than some extremely deadly plague?"
Thomas leans over to May.
"You've got a kit. Mind sharing with him?"
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1256