Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937490 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9090 on: November 18, 2012, 04:28:45 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly//Jim
So...third mission we're on and now on different teams...

I just want to take this moment to wish you luck and...that we'll make it out together, Jim. Please take care of those under your command as if you were taking care of me. :/

Oh, and also thanks for everything. Just in case. :)

"Alright, are any of you comfortable with the team groupings?" Feyri said as she included her introduction to Miyamoto and Stacy. "Furthurmore, what is on your person and what are your niches? I'm expecting something biological, anything that can spread from organic to organic, and even test synthetic material. Possibly, psychological factors. Don't let anything frighten you and believe in your teammates. Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

Piecewise, what was my sheet again?

Also, pep talk

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9091 on: November 18, 2012, 04:34:04 am »

'Could someone fill me in on what's happening in there?'

After being briefed by who-ever: 'Hey Feyri, you're with me right? Could you please make sure we have a (decent) medic on our team? I'm not the best doctor myself, so I really think we'll neer one.

Over radio to the UWM-man: 'What kind of weapons could the colonists have access to? Was there a police force down there from which they could have procured weapons, or anything similar?'
To the civic defender: "One final question, do you have any idea what sort of weapons they have down there, if any? Gauss rifles, laser rifles, anything like that? Or monoatomic razors? Maybe some mining lasers or something like them? Just asking to be able to evaluate their offensive capabilities. Do they have any automated field manipulator technology?"

To Miyamoto: "Yes, it appears that our task is to remove environmental hazards and troublesome people from about seven floors of property. There are no automated defense systems or special people we need to watch out for. The plague that was raging in there spreads through the air, so make sure you don't leave your suit. Oh, and there used to be at least several hundred people living there. How many of them are crazy, no way to tell. About to receive info on their available tools and weaponry."

"Oh, and the bad news is, I am on your team. Heh. Greetings, by the way. I am Stacy Buttle. And you would be?"

"There was a police force but they were mostly lightly armed. Civilian weapons as far as we know. Low power, low caliber gauss. We know they had mines, however we are not sure the level of technology they employed. We assume they had some lasers for drilling, but we don't know how many or how advanced."
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly//Jim
So...third mission we're on and now on different teams...

I just want to take this moment to wish you luck and...that we'll make it out together, Jim. Please take care of those under your command as if you were taking care of me. :/

Oh, and also thanks for everything. Just in case. :)

"Alright, are any of you comfortable with the team groupings?" Feyri said as she included her introduction to Miyamoto and Stacy. "Furthurmore, what is on your person and what are your niches? I'm expecting something biological, anything that can spread from organic to organic, and even test synthetic material. Possibly, psychological factors. Don't let anything frighten you and believe in your teammates. Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

Piecewise, what was my sheet again?

Also, pep talk

Feyri
+1 intuition, con, str, uncon
-1 Handi,exotic,
-2 med
1/3 Dex,
Tesla Sabre 4:35/5:00
Gauss rifle [9/10](scoped with barrel) (+1 medium -1 short)(+1 long if scope is used)
Combat shield (plastic)(Mark of Algis)
Arming sword (str 10 needed, +2 to str when hittin if str requirement is met.)(Mark of Vo-nos)
Digital zoom 1-10x
Medieval combat manual.
Laser rifle 30/30
laser rifle battery
0 token

Current teams (I think)

A
Jim
Simus
Bruce
Mesk
Kyle

B
Milno
Lars
May
Thomas

C
Miyamoto
Stacy
Feyri

D
Faith

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: November 18, 2012, 04:36:48 am »

((Jobasio had joined Faith's team via coin flip, I thought?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: November 18, 2012, 04:46:40 am »

Bishop shrugged and walked over to stand near Faith.

"I'm going with Faith and this newbie here, figure they could use someone who can fly and stuff. I can also fix broken down equipment we come across using Faith's kit, since there was probably something important broken in the riots somewhere.

Is there anything we should be on the lookout for when it comes to hazards? Any robots or special cases of equipment and explosives, stuff like that?"

Team up with Faith and Joe. Ask the man questions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:53 am »

"Mm? Oh, I don't have my kit anymore. Out of luck on that.

What can you do other than fly and fix things?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:38 am »

"Shoot things, hack computers, have increased strength and endurance, heal from any injury in three days tops, no longer bleed and be very hard to kill. How about you?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: November 18, 2012, 04:57:24 am »

"Eh, technically I'm a medic but nobody seems to appreciate that. I'm decent with computers and such and once or twice a mission can become a melee goddess of war. Plus I'm... a bit less abrasive than some other people around here.

Hopefully everything in there is stuff that can be punched or talked to," she finished, holding up her kinetic amp hand.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: November 18, 2012, 05:03:09 am »

"Well. At least two of our team's members apparently know what they're doing," Jobasio said drily.
"Most of my 'talents' are things one or both of you can already do. Still, I'm quite sure an extra gun can't hurt. Do we have any sort of plan, asides from the obvious subdue the locals, note down points of interest and shoot anyone acting hostile?"

He shifted his gauss rifle to hang from one hand as he listened, holding the datapad in the other.

>Note down each member of the team's strengths, our game plan etc, more for something to do than anything.
Also ensure I have a copy of the map saved.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: November 18, 2012, 05:12:56 am »

"So, a yes to everything except field manipulators. Plus there are explosives."

Stacy sighs. This is going to be fun, yessir.

"Have you received any distress calls from inside recently? For instance, somebody desperately pleading for help while there's the sound of something horrible happening in the background? Anything like that?"

Paranoid sons of guns probably rigged the whole complex with mines. Hooray for him.

Stacy is suddenly distracted from his train of thought by somebody speaking to him.

Alright, are any of you comfortable with the team groupings?" Feyri said as she included her introduction to Miyamoto and Stacy. "Furthurmore, what is on your person and what are your niches? I'm expecting something biological, anything that can spread from organic to organic, and even test synthetic material. Possibly, psychological factors. Don't let anything frighten you and believe in your teammates. Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

He remains silent.

"Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

"...humanity's finest applicants for this job."

He isn't sure why, but he can't help but be incredibly amused at that last bit.

Resist urge to laugh maniacally over comm to Feyri.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: November 18, 2012, 05:20:14 am »

"Well. At least two of our team's members apparently know what they're doing," Jobasio said drily.
"Most of my 'talents' are things one or both of you can already do. Still, I'm quite sure an extra gun can't hurt. Do we have any sort of plan, asides from the obvious subdue the locals, note down points of interest and shoot anyone acting hostile?"

He shifted his gauss rifle to hang from one hand as he listened, holding the datapad in the other.

>Note down each member of the team's strengths, our game plan etc, more for something to do than anything.
Also ensure I have a copy of the map saved.
"Yeah, another gun is always nice.

As for a plan, I say we announce ourselves loudly. If they've got any sense or trust in us at all, and anyone's still alive in there, that should get them going. Unless they're mutating or something, or so enraged over this that they'd rather die killing us, I can't see any possible reason to not get in the APCs.

As for the rest, I dunno. I'm guessing once we get inside we'll have a better idea of whether it's just a corpse pile or there's anti-riot barricades everywhere or what."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: November 18, 2012, 05:34:27 am »

Bishop let himself have a small smile. He liked this girl already, trying to hold onto her humanity but not afraid to mix it up.

"Another pair of hands and eyes are always useful, if you don't get us killed I suppose. At least your not going on a mission where everyone but me is new to this kind of thing, the whole possibility-of-getting-killed-horribly-in-some-manner thing that is, so that's something. As for a plan, I have only one thing to add onto what our supervisor already said: Don't die.

It's harder than it sounds at times."

((And before I forget to do this bit, like my last posts...))

Back on the ship...

"Well, the way you're rubbing your chest says that you either feel some kind of pain, have a tickle in your lungs or have a big scar that you aren't too happy of. I've seen it before in the tech core, after someone comes back from having a nasty accident with the machines. I just figure the scar is the more likely kind of thing, given where we are."

Bishop looks away for a moment awkwardly and then turns back.

"I... uh... understand if you don't want to talk about it..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: November 18, 2012, 06:02:40 am »

((I love being a failure even before the mission starts...))

Oh great, they're silent and nobody else is volunteering for this group right now.
                                       Why does everyone else have to have faceplates and
              Wait, what are they thinking?        Looks                           not me?!
Great great great great                         like faceless statues...   
                                             Why                       Jim!
              There was one last space...             Was that laughter? Static?!
   And they aren't replying!                                         Aliens...

Did it work?

Don't panic over assumptions.

A while back on the ship...
"Well, the way you're rubbing your chest says that you either feel some kind of pain, have a tickle in your lungs or have a big scar that you aren't too happy of. I've seen it before in the tech core, after someone comes back from having a nasty accident with the machines. I just figure the scar is the more likely kind of thing, given where we are."

Bishop looks away for a moment awkwardly and then turns back.

"I... uh... understand if you don't want to talk about it..."
"R-rubbing m-my chest?!..."

Feyri doubted Bishop was the kind of man to be able to imagine what she was guessing...until she looked at it from a different viewpoint.

"Oh...r-right. Right! It was...an aftereffect of getting hit by lightning. Yes I have a scar...across my right side. Makes it look like a permanent tattoo of the branches of a yew tree..."

Feyri wasn't glad everyone else had faceplates. She didn't. Or couldn't.

So she tried to keep a calm face. "Well, I do want to talk about it. Got anything else?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:07:00 am by Tiruin »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: November 18, 2012, 06:40:56 am »

"I'll listen to y-your orders J-Jim"
Bruce perked up at the mention of mines
"M-M-Mines f-fuck this is g-gonna end r-real baddly"
Remember what mineslook like.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: November 18, 2012, 07:32:42 am »

'I'm good with manipulators and tech-related bussines. And I'm average with guns and medical things. And, of course, I have this suit, which comes with its own perks.

By the way, I don't know about you, but I'm planning on bringing back as many civilians as I can. And I won't tolerate needless violence against non-combatants. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I've seen the mision logs from that psychopath-hunt, and it seems some convicts don't regard human life very highly. Just saying...

Besides that, I try to be a bit of a team player. Making the sure the Team is operating efficiently and that it co-operates with each other is what I strife to achieve. I usually seem to fail at this, though.'

To the people still not assigned to a squad: 'We still need something of a medic in here. Are there any left?'

Familiarize myself with the suit while talking. Manouver around a bit, go over all the subsystems, go through available vision modes etc.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:43:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:36 am »

"I'm not letting you have all the fun alone, Chompers."

Go stand with Miyamoto

Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1256