Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944569 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6825 on: August 23, 2012, 04:29:12 pm »

"A container from each burst; nothing serious, but definitely puzzling. Where did you two take these samples from?"

Keep filming the bags.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

I only had my most recent sampling from here, all of my other samples should be back at the shuttle.

Keep in step with Maurice and Faith, so as not to fall behind. Think about what could have caused the container to bust.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: August 23, 2012, 04:41:29 pm »

Same here. I've taken my sample of  soil from this area... and there's way too much sand inside the bag then should've been. This much couldn't have fit into the container, I'm absolutely sure. Maurice spoke as his voice gradually became cold and serious.
((It's a trap! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:03 pm »

Same here. I've taken my sample of  soil from this area... and there's way too much sand inside the bag then should've been. This much couldn't have fit into the container, I'm absolutely sure. Maurice spoke as his voice gradually became cold and serious.
((It's a trap! ))
((Either the dirt itself has a hive mind, or you've pissed off an earthbender.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:33 pm »

I only had my most recent sampling from here, all of my other samples should be back at the shuttle.
"Probably you either caught something alive or the sand itself is being manipulated. Or at least it may be the case."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: August 23, 2012, 04:49:21 pm »

"More sand than would fit? And I thought I was making a lame joke with the spawning pit... let's get out of here as fast as possible."

Hobble onwards!
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: August 23, 2012, 04:58:17 pm »

Doc, if that is the case, We'll either need better sample containers or just dump these samples. Well, we need to dump these specific samples anyways, because I don't particularly like the idea of von Neumann sand inside my pack. If we have any stronger containers, now would be the time to use them, but honestly? If it is replicating itself, one of the few possibilities that results in there being more sand than there should be in there, it won't matter how strong the container is, it will eventually give way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »

"Assuming it's safe to transport, just carrying it in your bag might be a better idea.

But, are you sure there's nothing else in there? Little shades that hatched or something?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: August 23, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »

I'm not sure the amount of sand is increasing... it could be that something hid in the samples we took and is now blending as the said sand.
Judging the shattered remains of the container, think about how the pressure was applied to it (e.g., all concentrated on a single point, evenly distributed to each side of the container, or something in between; applied continiously, gradually increasing the amount of force, or in one or several momentarily strikes, etc.). Carefully so as that I don't to pierce the bag itself, poke the sand with the Instrument. With the sharp end, of course.
If needed, ask for someone's help to hold the bag with the words: Could anyone help me, please? It seems I don't have enough arms to hold the bag right now. and smile, even though the faceplate is still lowered.
Keep moving.
((That complex part is there simply because I don't know if the bag would allow for my action without being held open, sorry. ))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:11:11 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: August 23, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »

Help hold open Maurice's bag.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: August 23, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

Oh, thank you.
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: August 23, 2012, 05:20:09 pm »

If the sand multiplies...

Watch one of those obelisks, checking whether it seems to grow or shrink in any fashion.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: August 23, 2012, 07:04:13 pm »

Travis turns his path slightly, so he will intercept the edge of the light path. He then breaks out a glow stick and waves it in the dark.

"BOO!"

He observes for any ghastly things and then catches up with the group
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6838 on: August 23, 2012, 10:09:16 pm »

"Any news?"

Keep walking.
You keep walking. The standing stones around you change but in the end, it's all very much the same.

"A container from each burst; nothing serious, but definitely puzzling. Where did you two take these samples from?"

Keep filming the bags.
You keep the camera pointed straight at the bags, filming what will no doubt be award winning um...sand footage. Woo?

Keep in step with Maurice and Faith, so as not to fall behind. Think about what could have caused the container to bust.
Wait, since when did you put your samples in the ship? Not when you dropped Thomas off, just back when you dropped Feyri and Mason? You've got tons of jars from places, all the way from the pitted land to here.
[int:6]

Clearly the breaking of the containers had something to do with the sand. Maybe the light eater is stalking you, ruining your research from afar!

"GET OUT HERE YOU BASTARD!" you scream into the darkness.

"More sand than would fit? And I thought I was making a lame joke with the spawning pit... let's get out of here as fast as possible."

Hobble onwards!
Hobble, AWAY!

I'm not sure the amount of sand is increasing... it could be that something hid in the samples we took and is now blending as the said sand.
Judging the shattered remains of the container, think about how the pressure was applied to it (e.g., all concentrated on a single point, evenly distributed to each side of the container, or something in between; applied continiously, gradually increasing the amount of force, or in one or several momentarily strikes, etc.). Carefully so as that I don't to pierce the bag itself, poke the sand with the Instrument. With the sharp end, of course.
If needed, ask for someone's help to hold the bag with the words: Could anyone help me, please? It seems I don't have enough arms to hold the bag right now. and smile, even though the faceplate is still lowered.
Keep moving.
((That complex part is there simply because I don't know if the bag would allow for my action without being held open, sorry. ))
You let Simus hold your bag for you while you probe the sand with your knife. You can feel the rest of your sample containers still sitting around intact but nothing else. You carefully scrape the sand around, looking at the fragments of the container. They're all very small, as though it just exploded out in all directions at the same time. How odd. As you dig around in your bag you notice something else. One of your other sample containers is visible and it has more sand in it then you remember putting in.

If the sand multiplies...

Watch one of those obelisks, checking whether it seems to grow or shrink in any fashion.
You turn your attention to the obelisks, watching them suspiciously. They don't seem to be growing or shrinking; they don't seem to be moving or changing in any way that you can see.

Travis turns his path slightly, so he will intercept the edge of the light path. He then breaks out a glow stick and waves it in the dark.

"BOO!"

He observes for any ghastly things and then catches up with the group
You crack a glowstick and walk to the edge of the light before swinging it wildly into the dark. The dim blue light illuminates nothing living, or at least nothing moving, but it does show a glimpse of something odd. A structure not like the others, something more then just an obelisk or spire. You can't see much of it, just a flash in the dark, but it looks oddly dome shaped.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: August 23, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

Keep walking, slow down a bit so the rest of the group won't lag behind too much.

Milno turned his head back and noticed some people were lagging behind.

"So, anything else worth noting now?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1256