Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944081 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6810 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »

Film EVERYTHING.

Also try to figure out if these are sound-generating stones like the walls at the tower.

You swing your Camera around wildly, trying to get footage of every stone you pass. You stop on a large one and examine it while slowly panning down it with the camera. The spire looks solid and is made from the sandstone, not like the multipart razor tree metal sound generators. The textures on it are similar to those on the monoliths but they cover the entire surface, disappearing into the sand, and look more shallow the the ones on the monoliths and the symbols seem different somehow. It seems similar, clearly from the same basic design, but still different.

"Don't wander away from the path and warn the group about anything you see."

Keep walking.
You keep walking, Conrad's warning still fresh in your mind. You have no desire to slow down here.

Keep hobbling, look around for things that either move or seem out of place in the "graveyard".
You keep in step with Milno the best you can, scanning the lit area for anything odd or out of place. [intuition:3] You don't see anything moving in the small area that is lit up, but something does strike you about the standing stones. They seem odd somehow. You have the distinct feeling they're more then they seem.

Alright, let's do film and samples and keep going.

Sample air/sand, and keep walking onward, keeping a sharp eye out for anything moving, apart from us.
You gather the standard samples and label them on the move, constantly scanning around you for some sort of movement between the stones. You can't help but imagine shadows flitting back and forth just beyond your vision. Normally you'd dismiss such things as impossible but here, who knows.

Take samples of air and soil, label them. Keep moving.
You follow Simus' example, gathering some samples-not easy to do on the move when you only have the one hand-and stopping to label them. You're lagging a bit behind the group at this point, but you're still near them.

Charro frowned as he walked along, eyeing those stones mistrustfully.
"I'm not afraid of the dark..." He muttered defensively, "At least, not normal dark."

>Keep an eye out for treasure as we go. Or any parts of these standing stones that would come off easily.
Free from worrying about samples and or the safety of the group you instead spend your time scanning for anything to loot. Problematically, nothing stands out as "treasure" and none of the stones look like they have any sort of protuberance you could easily snap off. Then again, you're not sure if you really want to carry  a part of one of those things around with you.

As the group continues a series of cracking and shattering noises, partially muffled but undoubtedly close, rings out in the darkness. Maurice and Simus feel their bags move slightly from within.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: August 23, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »

"Crap. Let's make haste."

Continue. Also consider the nature of the obelisks, and what seems so odd about them.

"These stones... anyone else think they're... more..." Gorat trails off, not sure how to explain his suspicions. "Keep an eye on them."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: August 23, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »

"Yeah. Well, don't panic; it's probably nothing.

And as for the stones, they're different but, I guess by the same people? Or doing something similar, like... I don't know, food menus as opposed to street signs, but written in the same language?"

Keep filming the monoliths, but move along with the rest of the group. Intuit what could be causing those noises.

EDIT: Switch to filming Maurice's bag if he tries to open it and figure out what's moving in there.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:17:01 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: August 23, 2012, 01:05:23 pm »

Oh. we've finally found the 'roses'. Or are those just their spikes yet? ...Could you slow down a bit for a moment, I'm not very fond of lagging behind?
Something is moving inside my bag. It hasn't happened before we entered this area, and then again, I've left most of my samples behind at the shuttle (including the one which might have the remains of a captured shadow). So either it's the air, or the soil, or my equipment (unlikely). Has anyone encountered the same problem?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: August 23, 2012, 01:08:01 pm »

"Wait, what? Moving? That's... aw crap, well figure out which part is doing it..."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: August 23, 2012, 01:11:13 pm »

"Nothing wouldn't be cracking. We  might get lucky that your nothing doesn't like light, though." Gorat turns to Maurice. "Movement in your bag? Eggs in the sand, or the like?"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:06 pm »

"Faith, get to Maurice just in case, but keep moving, even if at a slower pace. And I can't feel anything shuffling inside my bag."

Keep walking, help Chin walk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: August 23, 2012, 01:24:40 pm »

>Panic React in an entirely sensible manner

"Oh, erm, what is that. Did we... Wake them up?"

Charro quickened his pace slightly, frequently glancing about himself in all directions. He also distanced himself a bit from Maurice, although not, of course, enough to seperate him from the group.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »

Well, maybe eggs, or a worm, or the sand itself - we've seen the sandstone move before, right? I don't know, but I'm going to find out all the same. Just wanted to make sure you knew those facts before I tried.
Keep walking, catch up with the group (don't run or hurry in a way that'd strain my legs, though).
EDIT:Wait for Simulacrus to come nearby.
Then, while still moving, open my bag simultaneously with her doing the same, and check the things I have there; don't open anything and, preferably, immediately move my hand away from the bag just as I've opened it in case there's something dangerous inside.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:22:18 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: August 23, 2012, 02:06:27 pm »

Maurice, my bag's shifting too. I don't like this. I'll come back to you, we'll open them together, less risk of one of us going down and unable to be helped that way.

Go back towards where Maurice is lagging behind and open my bag along with him opening his.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: August 23, 2012, 02:11:02 pm »

"You too? This is no graveyard, it is a spawning pit." Gorat eyes his and the others' bags with some suspicion.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: August 23, 2012, 02:16:48 pm »

"It must be something they took samples of, but I don't know what that would be..."

Get over to Maurice and Simus, film their opening of the bags.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: August 23, 2012, 02:27:02 pm »

Sure, Simulacrus. Oh, and I really hope it's not worth filming, Faith. Fat chance, though... Maurice chuckled lightly.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6823 on: August 23, 2012, 04:09:19 pm »

"Crap. Let's make haste."

Continue. Also consider the nature of the obelisks, and what seems so odd about them.

"These stones... anyone else think they're... more..." Gorat trails off, not sure how to explain his suspicions. "Keep an eye on them."
[intuition:3]
You keep an eye on the obelisks as you walk, watching them cautiously for any clue as to why you get such a strange impression from them. You see nothing to explain it, but the feeling doesn't fade.

"Faith, get to Maurice just in case, but keep moving, even if at a slower pace. And I can't feel anything shuffling inside my bag."

Keep walking, help Chin walk.
You give Chin a hand as you keep walking. Unknown sounds or not, dawdling isn't an option in your mind.

>Panic React in an entirely sensible manner

"Oh, erm, what is that. Did we... Wake them up?"

Charro quickened his pace slightly, frequently glancing about himself in all directions. He also distanced himself a bit from Maurice, although not, of course, enough to seperate him from the group.
You speed up a little, pulling ahead of the rest of the group and constantly looking behind you as you go. Its not like you're some sort of coward who doesn't want to help them if there is trouble...you just want to lead the way. Yeah, you're a born leader, not a fighter. In a way, you're helping more like this then if you were back there. Yep. Not a coward.

Well, maybe eggs, or a worm, or the sand itself - we've seen the sandstone move before, right? I don't know, but I'm going to find out all the same. Just wanted to make sure you knew those facts before I tried.
Keep walking, catch up with the group (don't run or hurry in a way that'd strain my legs, though).
EDIT:Wait for Simulacrus to come nearby.
Then, while still moving, open my bag simultaneously with her doing the same, and check the things I have there; don't open anything and, preferably, immediately move my hand away from the bag just as I've opened it in case there's something dangerous inside.

Maurice, my bag's shifting too. I don't like this. I'll come back to you, we'll open them together, less risk of one of us going down and unable to be helped that way.

Go back towards where Maurice is lagging behind and open my bag along with him opening his.
"It must be something they took samples of, but I don't know what that would be..."

Get over to Maurice and Simus, film their opening of the bags.
Faith, Simus and Maurice all cluster together and, with a bit of help from Simus, Maurice opens his bag along with Simus while Faith films the whole thing. The inside of the bag looks fairly normal with no sign of what would have moved. One of the sample containers in both bags has shattered and spilled it's contents  of sand all over the bag, covering everything in sand and fragments of polyglass.
[simus intuition:2]
[Maurice intuition:6-1]
While Simus sees nothing inherently odd about this, Maurice notices something. By the look of it, there's too much sand in his bag then what would have fit in the container. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: August 23, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »

"Any news?"

Keep walking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1256