Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945569 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6030 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »

((Hey guys, remember we'll only attack them if they prove to be aggressive. Don't shoot if you can avoid it. Shove Faith their way and if they kill her then you can start shooting while running.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:40:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: July 29, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »

Grab Thomas, book it like a runaway slave.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: July 29, 2012, 03:06:45 pm »

((
Tra-la-la-la-la
Just browsing through the thread
Know that you won't be dead
If you don't drop anything in the pits

Of course none should meet their fate
Against the alluring sharpness of the shade
If one must know their way
Say, Light.
))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: July 29, 2012, 03:26:11 pm »

((These shades seem strong enough not to mind light. We are on the path and they emerged under direct light, so I guess the bigger they are the less shits about lighting they give.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:16 pm »

Get off May, there's no way she's strong enough to carry me around. Give Maurice the saber, start running,
"May, I can handle running away. Hey, Mr. Medic! Take this!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: July 29, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »

Thank you!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6036 on: July 29, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »

((@GM: The scoped laser rifle was attached to the battery/generator/power pack, and I returned it to Thomas. I have two gauss rifles. One that I bought and the other that Thomas looted from Nikitian's body and was subsequently looted by me.))

"Tactical retreat and get the camera. Go, go, go!

Only shoot if they prove aggressive, although if I had to bet, they do seem pissed off."

Turn on the EMM mode, start a retreat with the team (basically run like hell with the team in tow towards the next area) and open fire at any shade that approaches with hostilility, taking care not to spark friendly fire and alternating the shots with each gun (it still qualifies as double-wielding, right?). If Maurice or Faith is unable to get Gorat, carry the latter in a position that still allows both weapons to be used and keep running like hell. If they get too close, use the mysterious gauntlet for melee combat.

Avoid attacking them if they are not obviously attacking the group.

[dex:6]
"This is new and exciting."

You turn on your heel and take off down the path in a dead sprint as the giant shades scythe through the light with impunity, hacking up the rope and lanterns behind you and the men running with you. 

"Evac! Evac!" Gorat shouts.

Gorat tries to hobble away from the pits in whatever direction of the path goes.
[dex:1-1]
You turn and promptly drop like a stone in the sand, twisting your ankle. The shades swarm over and around you, their razor thin legs slipping soundlessly through the sand and your suit at the same time, cutting shallow wounds all over your body. One stops on top of you and gently jabs at your helmet with one long claw.

Grab the camera and go with the group. Record footage of the shade emergence if possible.
[dex:2]
You go for the camera but in your haste you end up facedown in the sand, holding the camera with one hand and covering your head with the other as the shades crawl all over you. A particularly large one puts a foot straight through the back of your heel, cutting your Achilles tendon and all the way down to your bone.
[end:4]
Oh god that does not feel nice.

Take the saber from Thomas.
Take Gorat in a fireman's carry (and shealth the Instrument then), or just assist him running if I don't have enough strength.
Retreat with the group as fast as we can.

Now is the time for the manipulators, I believe. Travis? May?
[str:4]
[dex:2]
You dive into the swarm surrounding Chin and grab him by the arms, dragging him several dozen feet from the pits before a flying shade casually severs your hand at the wrist as it passes by.
[end:1]
You collapse backwards, unconscious, as the shades swarm over you.

Travis changes his lamp intensity to 200%, turns it on, and shines it on the shades while running away, farther down the path
[dex:4]
You book it down the path, taking just enough time to blow out your suit lamps again as you run.

"DAMN IT SIMUS!" Faith yelled.

"Anyway second pit means NOW it's time to panic. Meaning run," she added, still fairly calm. "Don't bother attacking unless they're gaining on us and appear to be finite."

Run. Help Chin if he seems to be struggling. Grab the manipulator away from Travis if he looks like he's doing anything monumentally stupid with it.

((Knew I should have used the manipulator as a grenade. Welp, we're dead))
((No on both counts. If nothing else, then you'd have nothing to panic and kill us all with at the next slightest provocation.))

((I just realised, If anyone dies, i'm only the second most idiotic person on the team  ;D ))
(('fraid not. If I get anyone killed it'll be for SCIENCE! If you'd killed anyone it'd have been yourself for... ransacking Conrad's house and stealing his notes. Uh...

Orb is most definitely struggling with you for that distinction, though.))
[str:6-1]
[dex:4+1]
You grab Chin from where he fell, dodging nimbly through the randomly flying shades, and drag him far enough away that he'll be safe. He's cut up and bleeding pretty bad.

'Oh. Well that's just not what I was expecting.'
Charro clutched his brim-less hat to his head, gingerly held the blade in his other hand, and legged it with the rest. He silently willed the team not to shoot with him in the way.

>Tactical retreat Run away!! Stick to the path, following the rope, though, naturally.
[dex:6]
You run like a madman, following the path even as it is  torn apart behind you.

Grab Thomas, book it like a runaway slave.
[dex:3+1]
You grab at Thomas and run like you've got the hounds at your heels. Except the hounds are some sort of giant shadow beetles.

Get off May, there's no way she's strong enough to carry me around. Give Maurice the saber, start running,
"May, I can handle running away. Hey, Mr. Medic! Take this!"
[dex:3]
You run with May at your side for a good few dozen feet before a shade catches you in the back and carves a inch and a half deep gash across your back.
[end:6]
You don't even slow down.

Those men and women who managed to run from the swarm slow to a stop several hundred feet away, gasping and watching as the path is torn to pieces and vanishes into the darkness. Those who didn't get away find themselves in sudden darkness, surrounded by innumerable hissing, razor sharp forms.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: July 29, 2012, 11:20:29 pm »

"I seem to be bad luck for you," Faith said, grimacing at Chin's wounds. "But at least I patch you up afterwards, right...?"

She activated the comm for everyone afterwards:

"Faith here, Chin's with me, bleeding but alive. Patching him up now. Everyone else call in, and Simus you had BETTER tell me you captured that."

Stop Chin's bleeding.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: July 29, 2012, 11:29:45 pm »

"Group, report."

Milno says, still staring at the shades.

Turn off the EMM mode and check the fuel. Make sure the shades are not giving chase. Upholding my action until I make something clear.

((I think those 3 tokens (1 before mission 5 and 2 before this mission) I have invested in extra fuel will really come in handy in this situation.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:41:32 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: July 29, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »

Travis sighed

He was safe, and his suit lamps were broken again.

"I'm here, and alive. Faith, I'll be having a talk with you later.

I don't know what we can do for the stragglers, except pray for their safety. For now, we are presented with a unique opportunity. These...shades, can withstand light, but at the same time, aren't too big. They are likely our best specimen to bring back alive. But how to contain one? Any suggestions? Maybe a strong light would stun one?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:42:41 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: July 29, 2012, 11:42:15 pm »

Thomas took a knee and aimed at the shades.
"Well, I got a rather large claw to the back, but me and May are both alive. Also, are we revoking Faiths  privileges? This is a rather serious issue she caused, we lost Maurice, the good medic."

Cover Milno. If any come after the rest of the team, plant a laser in their faces.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:12:56 am by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: July 29, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »

Thomas took a knee and aimed at the shades.
"Well, I got a rather large claw to the back, but me and May are both alive. Also, are we revoking Faiths  privileges? This is a rather serious issue she caused, we lost Maurice, the good medic."

Take aim at the horde. If any come after us, plant a laser in their faces.
((USE MY TESLA SABRE, IT GENERATES HEAT!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: July 29, 2012, 11:58:19 pm »

((USE MY TESLA SABRE, IT GENERATES HEAT!))
((It also generates electricity. What if the shades are made of the same material as the trees?

I am developing an idea to try and save Maurice and Simus, or die trying.))

"Well. If we try to drag them out or shoot the shades, we will probably be swarmed by their numbers and leave even more people or corpses to be rescued afterwards, but on the other side they'll probably be clawed to death if we leave them be."

"The shades will probably return to their holes and we'll get the camera back, but it'll be too late...Hm."

Milno seems to be contemplating something as he stares at the darkness beyond.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: July 30, 2012, 12:02:43 am »

((Do you guys think all the lighteater and stiltwalkers may just be grown up shades? Also, the saber's with Maurice.))
"Do they like light? Have we tested that?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: July 30, 2012, 12:05:45 am »

((...Also, the saber's with Maurice.))
((Well, great. Circumstances get us.

Someone, grope around to feel for it in total darkness!

I'm under the impression that the Tesla Sabre is a reliable source of heat here, My corpse was still issuing the aftereffects of heat. Anyway, good luck to you all!))
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 1256