Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945572 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6015 on: July 29, 2012, 01:16:45 pm »

((Knew I should have used the manipulator as a grenade. Welp, we're dead))

Travis changes his lamp intensity to 200%, turns it on, and shines it on the shades while running away, farther down the path. If it does nothing, he enacts plan B ((if it doesn't require a roll)) and overloads his manipulator like the assassin did, and chucks it down the pit of the initial spewing. He then runs as fast as he can farther down the path, avoiding the pits.

((The way the assassin did it was create a wave of heat, so it wouldn't destroy the terrain or create a star. It would just slowly evaporate anything in a town sized area. We had enough time to escape, so I figure it's our only hope))
((Let me try to explain it to you. It won't work as you want. The GM said the results are randomized, and doing something like that does not qualify as a smart move at all. Travis will probably kill the entire team and this time Milno can't fly away to save anyone.

I picked not shooting at them unless they show to be actively aggressive because I'd hate if they were just annoyed instead of extremely pissed off.

@anaileater: If Travis tries to overload the manipulator, Mason would be behind both Faith and Travis.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:19:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »

((He did? Bah. Changing my action))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: July 29, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

"DAMN IT SIMUS!" Faith yelled.

"Anyway second pit means NOW it's time to panic. Meaning run," she added, still fairly calm. "Don't bother attacking unless they're gaining on us and appear to be finite."

Run. Help Chin if he seems to be struggling. Grab the manipulator away from Travis if he looks like he's doing anything monumentally stupid with it.

((Knew I should have used the manipulator as a grenade. Welp, we're dead))
((No on both counts. If nothing else, then you'd have nothing to panic and kill us all with at the next slightest provocation.))

((I just realised, If anyone dies, i'm only the second most idiotic person on the team  ;D ))
(('fraid not. If I get anyone killed it'll be for SCIENCE! If you'd killed anyone it'd have been yourself for... ransacking Conrad's house and stealing his notes. Uh...

Orb is most definitely struggling with you for that distinction, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: July 29, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »

((All I want to do is throw an overloaded manipulator into a pit spewing unknown horrors while yelling "Fire in the Hole!". Is that too much to ask for?  :P))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: July 29, 2012, 01:29:01 pm »

((You put too much faith in the dice gods for the thing not to immediately vaporise an area the size of a city. You might not even get enough time to throw it away, let alone get enough distance ON FOOT.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: July 29, 2012, 01:29:52 pm »

((All I want to do is throw an overloaded manipulator into a pit spewing unknown horrors while yelling "Fire in the Hole!". Is that too much to ask for?  :P))
((ಠ_ಠ))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: July 29, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »

(( Oh. Dammit. And now I am going to be blamed for it too. Then, as I have nothing to lose, I should point out that Nick didn't need a roll to create his star (or maybe there were a lot of them, as always, so they were hidden for our convenience). Just try overloading it, that should do the work. ...Though I don't know if Travis knew (or could guess) that overloading it was what the serial killer did back then. Did anyone actually tell him about that accident when he was revived? Never mind, the action was changed.
Also, like the first ball of heat Mason created on this mission, there probably won't be a wave of heat if anyone uses the MFM inside this anomaly, just a blast wave.
Actually, now that I think of it, maybe it is that the plasma state of matter cannot be reached here, thus limiting the actual heat-based damage of the MFM blasts as well as preventing the ignitions. Or maybe not, my knowledge of physics is messy at times. ))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:36:22 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: July 29, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »

(( Oh. Dammit. And now I am going to be blamed for it too. Then, as I have nothing to lose, I should point out that Nick didn't need a roll to create his star (or maybe there were a lot of them, as always, so they were hidden for our convenience). Just try overloading it, that should do the work. ...Though I don't know if Travis knew (or could guess) that overloading it was what the serial killer did back then. Did anyone actually tell him about that accident when he was revived?
Also, like the first ball of heat Mason created on this mission, it probably wouldn't be a wave of heat, just a blast wave.
Actually, now that I think of it, maybe it is that the plasma state of matter cannot be reached in this anomaly, thus limiting the actual heat-based damage of the MFM blasts as well as preventing the ignitions. Or maybe not, my knowledge of physics is messy at times. ))
((The trouble with "just overloading" it is twofold. One, by definition we have no idea what's going to happen- we don't know what the difference between Nick's star and the SK's star was, for instance, since one appeared massively more destructive despite being made in what we assume is generally the same way.

Two, even if it was easy and predictable that wouldn't mean it's a good idea. If someone was itching to hurl a kiloton charge at every opportunity we'd probably be objecting to that as well, pointing out that it might kill us all, might not be necessary, would extremely complicate our attempts to get back, might piss something else off, etc etc.

As for heat, I think Mason's heat worked fine, it was just a 1 and thus included a complementary explosion. It is hard to say for sure, of course, as our only other experience was with bizarre alien trees.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: July 29, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »

((If I live this, I think I'm going to go into VR and mess around with overloading manipulators. I'll use this knowledge to create a guide: Practical Use of Overloading Manipulators: The Fun and Safe Way to Cause Mass Destruction))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: July 29, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »

((If I live this, I think I'm going to go into VR and mess around with overloading manipulators. I'll use this knowledge to create a guide: Practical Use of Overloading Manipulators: The Fun and Safe Way to Cause Mass Destruction))
((This would be hilarious and horrifying.

Then again, at 3 tokens for nuking the site from orbit throwing distance I knew a repeat was inevitable at some point. D:))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: July 29, 2012, 01:49:45 pm »

'Oh. Well that's just not what I was expecting.'
Charro clutched his brim-less hat to his head, gingerly held the blade in his other hand, and legged it with the rest. He silently willed the team not to shoot with him in the way.

>Tactical retreat Run away!! Stick to the path, following the rope, though, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: July 29, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »

What's with the hat, anyways, Charro? Put a blade in the brim or something?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: July 29, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »

((There is no safe involvded in overloading a manipulator, that's one of your key problems. You keep thinking that it's a good idea, when it's anything but a good idea. Think about it! You're throwing the equivilent of a nuke and hoping that you won't get vaporised, let alone completely pulped by the wave of force when it goes off, as you desperately flee for the edge of the explosion zone.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: July 29, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »

Charro glanced over at Simus incredulously.
"Now is not the time to be explaining the high-tech workings of my hat! It's complex. If we live through this, I'll tell you later."
He then went back to hurrying along and trying not to get eaten by monsters/shot by overzealous teammates.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:18:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »

((  ::)

It was a joke. Well, mostly. I'll still be messing around with overloading manipulators for curiosity, if anything))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:22:48 pm by Orb »
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1256