Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945132 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6060 on: July 30, 2012, 03:52:52 am »

"Milno's not competent, just lazy. His suit should be good for this, though. Good luck, and I'll be available when I'm done with Chin here.

And remember to get good footage of them. This is essential!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: July 30, 2012, 03:55:29 am »

I'll try and record them from here, but don't expect much, I don't want to risk the camera.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: July 30, 2012, 03:58:35 am »

"Agreed, but they don't seem overtly hostile to me. Kind of strange, if you think about it. Maybe they assumed the impact was the Wyrm?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: July 30, 2012, 04:05:08 am »

Possibly. They don't seem to be shredding me, though they seem to be more than capable. As I said, they're like animate versions of those razor branches, my "injury", such as it is, doesn't seen to have been caused intentionally.

Speaking of that, does anyone have anything that can repair a prosthetic? I know someone has a medical kit, but somehow I doubt that has stuff in it for synthetic repair.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: July 30, 2012, 04:20:48 am »

"What kind of higher functions do they show? Anything like curiosity or compassion?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:50 am »

Wake up, ...If I am carried away then there is no need to obstruct that, and if I was left... doesn't matter... but don't move, just open the eyes behind the faceplate and look and listen.

((@PyroDesu I have the sinking feeling Simus cannot be talking to people outside, just because they are outside the comms reach (100m (~328 feet), just checked it - though if those 'several hundred feet' are actually two or three hundred feet, that would still be close enough.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: July 30, 2012, 04:30:19 am »

((From my reading, I'm conscious. So...))

"Faith... you must... have seen Maurice. He grabbed'n dragged me... shortly before you did."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: July 30, 2012, 04:31:05 am »

No idea, they're just swarming. It shows that they do have rudimentary intelligence, but they seem to be acting on instinct, nothing more. That's what I'm observing. You might ask the others, though, because all I can see is shades. If they're reacting to the others with anything else, I don't know.

((His decision. I hope that they're still in range.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: July 30, 2012, 08:24:57 am »

((Huh...As far as Simus knows, Maurice can be dead.))

"Thomas, go with the group. If anyone should assist me - even if only to be caught by the shades - is Faith, the useless and greedy 'genius' we have following us. I wonder if by now she has finally learned what her childish bouts bring to the team."

"And we are having a talk as soon as we get the stranded people out of the swarm."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: July 30, 2012, 08:29:15 am »

"Someone who got, er, sliced up by those... things, were they solid, at all? Well, I mean," Charro grimaced inwardly as he stumbled over his words, "Obviously they're solid, but do you think we could maybe catch one, physically? Like a living creature?"

He glanced between Gorat and Thomas questioningly, then looked over towards Milno as the latter set out.
"...Because it would certainly be rather profitable if someone managed it."

>Ask this, and hold onto my hat as Milno goes in there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:19:16 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: July 30, 2012, 08:49:51 am »

He glanced between Simus
((Simus is inside the swarm of Shades.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:14 am »

((??? Oh? I thought Simus was PyroDesu's character? Crud, I'm confused. Checking it now.

Ah, okay. Gorat, then. I just knew two people were wounded and made it out.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:19:46 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: July 30, 2012, 09:22:54 am »

((It seems Charro is incorporating Faith's gold-grabbing tendencies. Is it a consequence of wanting to get into her pants?))
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:19 am »

((Nah, I/he has so many new and exciting weapon/gadget ideas. I imagine creating them will be quite costly tokens-wise...
Also if we're gonna lose anywhere from 0.3 to 2.2 team members to this fiasco, we may as well profit from it, right? :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: July 30, 2012, 09:33:13 am »

They're solid enough for one of them to put its foot through a synthetic tendon. If you want to kill yourself trying to get one, go ahead.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1256