Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945832 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5970 on: July 29, 2012, 04:31:21 am »

Retreat to around 30 meters away, focusing on the pit with the camera.

"Calm down, but if you must panic, just run for it," Faith said nonchalantly, kneeling with the camera.

((Read my action.))
((I'm aware you're trying to steal my precious camera. No. :V

Not that it changes the plan if you do get it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32:49 am »

"Calm down, but if you must panic, just run for it," Faith said nonchalantly, kneeling with the camera.

((Read my action.))

((You left it on the ground. I'm taking it with me.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: July 29, 2012, 04:33:51 am »

((Everyone is dead pan serious when it's 4am.  :P

Yah, I should be getting to bed))
((Whaddya mean, 4 A.M? It's 1:10!))
((What do you mean, it's 1:10? It's 4:15!

I should sleep, but I did that yesterday afternoon.))

(What do you mean, it's 4:15? It's 17:18 pm!)).
((Heard you were in China. How is it?))

((Frankly, I am quite sick of it, but that is mostly because I've been here for three months, without my girlfriend. Fortunately, I will have my vacation from August 6 and my gf will be here from coming Friday. We will travel for 2 weeks and then we're off to the Netherlands. Overall, it was a nice and interesting experience, although there are some goofy things I just can't get used to. Also, I worked my fucking ass off here. This forum game was really great for me, because it gives me some distraction during my work. My working days here are from 8 to 8, seven days a week. So yeah, I guess I should thank you guys for keeping me from going crazy. :D)).
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37:24 am »

((Read my action.))

((God, Simus just cannot get along with other women. Or is that people in general?))

((Frankly, I am quite sick of it, but that is mostly because I've been here for three months, without my girlfriend. Fortunately, I will have my vacation from August 6 and my gf will be here from coming Friday. We will travel for 2 weeks and then we're off to the Netherlands. Overall, it was a nice and interesting experience, although there are some goofy things I just can't get used to. Also, I worked my fucking ass off here. This forum game was really great for me, because it gives me some distraction during my work. My working days here are from 8 to 8, seven days a week. So yeah, I guess I should thank you guys for keeping me from going crazy. :D)).
((Goddamn, 12 hours, no weekends? I could not handle that. Where are you working?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: July 29, 2012, 04:38:19 am »

((I thought it was sort of implied that I'd be retrieving it first, but either way works.

And I didn't "leave" it on the ground, I placed it there to record things.))

So yeah, I guess I should thank you guys for keeping me from going crazy. :D)).
(("Bay12- totally, uh, PREVENTS insanity! Yeah, that's it!"))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: July 29, 2012, 04:45:42 am »

((Read my action.))

((God, Simus just cannot get along with other women. Or is that people in general?))

((Goddamn, 12 hours, no weekends? I could not handle that. Where are you working?))

((Institute of Applied Ecology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, but they are not like my employer. I am doing a PhD at a university in Rotterdam and I am just visiting here to try and set up a long term collaboration. I have to admit that in the weekends I don't work 12 hours, but usually stop at 5 pm and sometimes even a bit earlier. For my temporary colleagues here it is much worse. Their professor wants them to work every day from 8 to 11.30 pm and he also asks them to work 7 days a week. It's fuckin crazy and it would be illegal in my own country. However, I've never made this much progress with my research in such a short period. :D. But I can only take this much, and like I said I am pretty much sick of it at the moment. I only got 4 days of real work left, but I still get cranky about every small incident that happens. Pfew, this helps though. Thanks for asking.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: July 29, 2012, 04:50:48 am »

So yeah, I guess I should thank you guys for keeping me from going crazy. :D)).
(("Bay12- totally, uh, PREVENTS insanity! Yeah, that's it!"))
((One of the Laws of Bay12: Counter insanity with just enough un-insane insanity.  :P

I'm glad everything works out in the end, especially on this epic forum.

On topic, isn't firing from the high ground a better option than waiting for whatever to get you to come up? And...about the anomalic properties of heat and light, could someone touch someone else and feel if they're generating heat?

That would clear up the exact time of stability of temperature-based explosions.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: July 29, 2012, 04:52:01 am »

Maurice gave Faith a blank look, then closed his faceplate.
Miss Ferratum-Inanis, relaying Milno's words as promised:
Team, move away from this one pit but prepare for a tactical retreat, meaning we should prepare to follow the path until we either leave this place or find a place we won't be surrounded by these holes. We don't know what it's coming, but we can assume it isn't nice.
Anyways, prepare for a fight and fire as soon as they appear.
Also, can I borrow that shield of Feyri's for now? In my experience, if you want to take use of a gauss rifle, you have to hold it with both of your hands - unless you are wearing an exoskeleton or posess herculean strength. Though maybe the shield provides for it, I haven't given it enough look.

Take (and don) the shield if Simus offers it. Also take the tesla saber if Thomas doesn't object.
Unshealth the Instrument (or take the saber in my hand, if it is available) and stand next to Milno, out of his line of fire (as well as anyone else's, if possible), ready to repel the close-combat assault.
(( Also, Feyri isn't a fool, she just got unlucky with a single mistake.
Which reminds me, no one is currently wielding her saber, right?
@Prosperus Good luck with your research and enduring the pace! ))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:34:38 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: July 29, 2012, 04:53:51 am »

((Institute of Applied Ecology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, but they are not like my employer. I am doing a PhD at a university in Rotterdam and I am just visiting here to try and set up a long term collaboration. I have to admit that in the weekends I don't work 12 hours, but usually stop at 5 pm and sometimes even a bit earlier. For my temporary colleagues here it is much worse. Their professor wants them to work every day from 8 to 11.30 pm and he also asks them to work 7 days a week. It's fuckin crazy and it would be illegal in my own country. However, I've never made this much progress with my research in such a short period. :D. But I can only take this much, and like I said I am pretty much sick of it at the moment. I only got 4 days of real work left, but I still get cranky about every small incident that happens. Pfew, this helps though. Thanks for asking.))
((I may be only be a vulgar pre-neckbeard, but it sounds like you've got it set. Only four days left, then you get to head to the Netherlands, setting up something to benefit the rest of your career, and you're presumably making cash off of this.

@Nik Thomas has her saber, but if you want it, you can have it.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: July 29, 2012, 04:57:47 am »

Thanks. And sure, here's the shield. You'll probably need it more than me.

Give Maurice the shield.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: July 29, 2012, 05:24:20 am »

((I may be only be a vulgar pre-neckbeard, but it sounds like you've got it set. Only four days left, then you get to head to the Netherlands, setting up something to benefit the rest of your career, and you're presumably making cash off of this.))

((Yeah, I know that I will be happy that I did it after I turn back. And yes, actually I am literally making cash. I give three presentations here and for each they give me 3000 yuan, which is 400 euros! Sadly, I spent about 2/3 of it to pay my rent. I am going to spend the rest of it on my vacation. Besides that, I'm afraid that in the Netherlands you don't make shit in academia, although it is quite enough for me.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: July 29, 2012, 05:26:04 am »

((On topic, isn't firing from the high ground a better option than waiting for whatever to get you to come up? And...about the anomalic properties of heat and light, could someone touch someone else and feel if they're generating heat?

That would clear up the exact time of stability of temperature-based explosions.))
((There is no high ground, as far as I'm aware. The pits are essentially flat.

And heat works normally as far as we've seen, it's just that combustion doesn't. If the grenades operated solely by becoming hot, they'd work fine; but since they presumably have an explosive (meaning burning) component, most likely they won't.

Then again, I have no idea what's in those things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: July 29, 2012, 05:30:15 am »

((On topic, isn't firing from the high ground a better option than waiting for whatever to get you to come up? And...about the anomalic properties of heat and light, could someone touch someone else and feel if they're generating heat?

And heat works normally as far as we've seen, it's just that combustion doesn't. If the grenades operated solely by becoming hot, they'd work fine; but since they presumably have an explosive (meaning burning) component, most likely they won't.

((Did anyone here ever play SimAnts? I picture the thing in the pits as being more or less the same as the insect that drags your ants into a hole in SimAnts. Dunno what they are called.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:05 am »

((Did anyone here ever play SimAnts? I picture the thing in the pits as being more or less the same as the insect that drags your ants into a hole in SimAnts. Dunno what they are called.))
((Antlions.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: July 29, 2012, 05:34:05 am »

((Antlions.))

((Right! Although after checking wikipedia to see the actual thing they look a little bit different from how I imagined them.))
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1256