Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945839 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5940 on: July 29, 2012, 01:39:43 am »

"There, she did it. Team, move away from this one pit but prepare for a tactical retreat, meaning we should prepare to follow the path until we either leave this place or find a place we won't be surrounded by these holes. We don't know what it's coming, but we can assume it isn't nice."
As Milno said it, he unlocked both gauss rifles from his back and held them firmly, preparing for what could come next.

Activate the EMM if needed and stay prepared to engage the creatures. Alternate between rifles if there are many, with the biggest critters taking a dual-wielding shot (yeah, with penalty and all).
((You probably shouldn't go for the dual shot on the big ones unless Thomas misses. No need to tear our allies to little bits with a missed shot.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: July 29, 2012, 01:42:12 am »

((You probably shouldn't go for the dual shot on the big ones unless Thomas misses. No need to tear our allies to little bits with a missed shot.))
((Short range bonus +1, Conventional skill +1. Penalty -1. Tearing allies to pieces will be very difficult.

Even if I roll an one, I'll get [1+1].))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:43:53 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: July 29, 2012, 01:55:33 am »

((Short range bonus +1, Conventional skill +1. Penalty -1. Tearing allies to pieces will be very difficult.

Even if I roll an one, I'll get [1+1].))
((Didn't know your bonuses. Carry on, good sir.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: July 29, 2012, 02:15:55 am »

"FAAAAITH! YOU GOD DANG IDIOT! IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING SO STUPID, INFORM US BEFOREHAND NEXT TIME! What were you thinking!?'

I am surrounded by idiots.

What to do what to do what to do. We are potentially facing several hostiles, at close range, in their home territory. Oh god. This is going to be a massacre. We don't even know if our weapons will work!

Spoiler: Old Turn (click to show/hide)

I...uh. Someone has to take charge.

"Alright troops, form up! Create a firing line! Fire on my command!"

Travis kneels in the sand near his group, trying to create a firing line. He levels his Crystalline Projector and waits for the unknown menace to emerge. As soon as it is not at risk of falling back down the crater, he yells "OPEN FIRE" and proceeds to fire a Crystalline Shot at its most vulnerable area using an intuition roll

((Also, not that it matters, I do get a +1 to Intuition rolls, right?))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:37:24 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: July 29, 2012, 02:21:28 am »

((DON'T DO IT. It is only one hole so far. Travis will only make things worse, believe me.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:20 am »

((Yah, I was already starting to edit it, reconsidering it and rereading the GM's words.

Plus I wanted to say fire in the hole.

Originally I thought there were going to be 1000s of the little critters, but the Piecewise said it sounded like chink chink chink, which makes me think it's one, maybe several enemies. Editing now))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:28 am »

((Ninja'd))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:11 am »

(I'd also recommend changing the wording of 'surrounded by idiots.' Milno and - oddly - Maurice are both surprisingly competent, and a few people have yet to out themselves as idjits. :P Faith though... she may have graduated from 'Worst Medic' to 'Liability'... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: July 29, 2012, 02:30:59 am »

(I'd also recommend changing the wording of 'surrounded by idiots.' Milno and - oddly - Maurice are both surprisingly competent, and a few people have yet to out themselves as idjits. :P Faith though... she may have graduated from 'Worst Medic' to 'Liability'... >.>)
((Liability? How about curse, burden, or guaranteed damnation?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: July 29, 2012, 02:39:32 am »

((First Travis wanted to screw around with the team in the last mission and now he wants to play leader. Can't understand the guy.))
>Yes?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: July 29, 2012, 02:40:06 am »

((It was more of a vent thought. How many times have you said you hated your family member when you were younger (6-16 years) at a moment of extreme anger when you actually didn't?

Also, edited. I'd suggest everyone take a look at my action, whether you listen to Travis or not.

"Edit": Well, it is almost a completely different team to be fair. Travis was immediately rejected by the last team and couldn't really get his thoughts in.

This mission, most of his ideas have been accepted and overall he feels himself slowly evolving into a leadership roll. Whether or not this is true is up to debate. But eh. I'm a sucker for bossing fictional people around. :P

Or we could think of it as falling back into instinct when in crisis mode. Travis has lead most of his life.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:43:47 am by Orb »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: July 29, 2012, 02:45:31 am »

((Milno is still the same though. The same guy who told him his idea of going around alone was stupid, the same person who killed him to get the group safe and the same one who saved his carcass. You'd think he would recognize him.

And in the last group's defense, Travis actually managed to get himself to be disliked due to his attitude, but he had chosen to walk alone even before he was shown any hostility.))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: July 29, 2012, 02:45:40 am »

((I laughed at this situation. Only a few minutes at the pits that the guide warned you guys about not to disturb and you've already done it. Congratulations!  :D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: July 29, 2012, 02:47:54 am »

((Sigh...

We ARE our own worst enemies... Well done guys...))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: July 29, 2012, 02:50:00 am »

((Makes me glad I kept that plastic shield I got off of Feyri. It may be getting use.

And I would get out my XGL and use my beehive frag (after warning ya'll to get the hell away from there), but if fire doesn't work, will explosives?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1256