Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946411 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5745 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:23 am »

Few of us should be here, and I think haven't met those yet.
We all make mistakes, just sometimes they pile up and confuse the opinion about you.
As I said, don't worry. You'll yet show us what you are capable of. Just not today.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:59 am »

"No i mean, my parents were criminals to be able to pay for living necesties, they were caught when the stress got to them and they were attempting to rob a bank, i got myself caught so i could see them, but they are either in stasis, dead or in a diffrent ship, so i feel a bit stupid."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:27 am »

((Ninja'd))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:25:02 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: July 24, 2012, 08:28:33 am »

Well, sometimes we should have joint missions with other units, I believe, so if they are still alive and serving there, you do still have the chance to meet them even if they are in a different ship.
Of course, that is if you stop trying to move and thus shredding the rest of your insides and bleeding yourself out.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:38:33 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:33 am »

Milno sighs.
"Stop reasoning with him, knock him out cold and drag him to the shuttle. If you keep arguing with Mr.Hugs, you'll be risking Feyri's chances of being brought back to life."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5750 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:15 am »

Scoop the stuff out of the pit, then examine it.

If that's inconclusive, cut down another tree and dig at the base of that. Have Chin film from afar this time until the tree's down, then come in to watch me dig.

You dig out the crap in the pit and reexamine it, rubbing your hands along it's rough hewn walls. Well, theres no sign of a root system on he sides here, but the trunk keeps going down and shows no sign of thinning.
"Uh, thanks. So, I'll be one of the ones who heads back."
Grab Mr. Gutless and head on back to the shuttle.
You grab hold of Mason, who is still screaming, and start dragging him along the long path to the shuttle.

Hey, pick up Mr. Gutless before you start walking.

Pick up the remains of Feyri's body and start heading back.

We'll meet you guys at the campsite, Conrad. Try not to let any of them do anything exceedingly stupid. Again. I don't want to make this trip again before the mission is over.
You grab the headless, still smoldering corpse and join the grim procession back toward the ship, dragging the body through the sand behind you..

"Are you meeting up with us at the forest or back at your house? Also, I think I have a better idea. Are the searchlights portable?

((If yes)

Hey, guys carrying the corpses back. Mind grabbing the searchlights while you're there? When we set up camp we can have a small team use them to search for some stiltwalkers"

((This doesn't matter if it's a yes or a no))

Travis uses one of his stronger containers to pick up the branches, avoiding hand contact

"Alright, let's get a move on. The camp site isn't too far off I assume. We can continue our exploration there"

Travis follows the guide for whenever the guide decides to continue

"I'll meet you at my house. And no, they're about 250 lbs each and permanently wired to a generator, so they're not what I would call portable."

You scoop up the branches that Simus cut for you with one of your containers and stuff it into your bag before continuing on with the guide.

((PW, is some of this world inspired by the movie/book "Mist" by any chance?))
Thats that steven king book about a Mist full of monsters right? Not really. To be honest it's inspired almost totally by a dream I had combined with a recent rereading of the book "Blind Decent"

((Yeah, that's the one I mean. I only saw the movie, but some elements of this world reminded me of the book (well, it was a long shot actually but I couldn't resist asking). For example, the tall beings you described (sorry, I forgot their name) reminded me of some creature I saw in that movie and the mist also represented another dimension. It was low budget but i really enjoyed it. Especially because of the bad ending, where the hero shoots three of his friends in the head to save them from a more horrible death, only to find out it wasn't really necessary only a few minutes later. How often do you see that in a movie? :D Anyways, another thumbs up for your storytelling. It's addictive reading.))
I've only seen it once, and even then not all the way through. I think I caught the last 2/3rds or so.

And thanks, I try to keep it interesting.

No, this body is certainly fried. Though I don't know how much better has the medicine become in the last... how long have I been in stasis?.. doesn't matter.
I adhere to your advice, Milno.

Sure, Travis. About that from before - we'll talk at the campsite, okay?

Okay, we will need to get this body back to the shuttle too. Oh, you've already taken it, Simulacrus?.. ...Thank you.
Sorry for encasing your arm in medi-foam, Thomas - would you want me trying to accurately shove off enough of it? Also, wait a minute, please - I don't like the look of those cracks.

Now, Mason, you be a good boy and
don't you try moving, okay?

Seal the cracks with more medi-foam. Head for the shuttle, help carrying Mason's and Feyri's bodies.
(( Honestly, what good is it doing you to wake up? ))

You squirt a bit of extra foam onto mason's copious wounds before grabbing his feet and helping Thomas carry him back toward the shuttle.

Charro milled about, watching helplessly as his teammates worked. He spoke up,
"Um... Is there anything I can do to help? Or shall I just stick with Mister Conrad here?"

>Stick with the guide for now.
You mill around, not sure what to do, but stay with the guide out of habit.

Gorat takes the crutch and hands the camera to Travis (I guess), then sees whether he can comfortable aim his laser rifle. Aim into the darkness, away from any teammates. No firing. Then he puts the rifle away again and moves to the guide.
Aiming with one hand while using the crutch isn't exactly easy, but you can manage, especially if you take a second to kneel and use both hands.

((What. The. F&&k. Did. You. Do. To. Me.

Well, at least Entry#2's prophecy in her diary came true...meh.))

Edit: Her heart had stopped. Now Maurice cut off her head instead of getting her heart to work again. Great.))

((Well, she's dead now by all occasions. Brain death, hello.

Also, hello new character.))

They can usually revive you as long as they get the brain tissue within roughly 5 or so hours. Stasis freezes that timer so as long as they book it back to the ship and huck your head into the pods, you'll probably be fine; there might be some stat loss, but beyond that, fine. It's never really talked about but they can literally reanimate dead tissue as long as it's fresh and not to damaged. That kind of technology really changes the way medical practitioners operate,  since it's sometimes best to either let you die or just straight out kill you and revive you later. Look up information on how the medical system operates these days when you get back on board if you want to get an idea.

Mason attempted to stop screaming to say.
"I'll be ok, but seriously why the f$&k! did that douche shoot me i was heating up a metal tree, i wanted to collect a liquid sample, and speaking of that where the hell is my manipuator."
Attempt to get out of arms, use branches as a walking stick/crutch, get manipulator back.
[str:2-1]
[Maurice str:6]

You attempt to escape Maurice's grasp but only get a sprained elbow for your trouble.

The two teams part ways, one group heading for the entrance, the other for the camp. Both make it to their respective destinations in about the same amount of time; one to a squat sheet metal building and ring of lanterns, the other to the hovering black ovoid that constituted the exit to this strange dimension.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:03 am »

They can usually revive you as long as they get the brain tissue within roughly 5 or so hours. Stasis freezes that timer so as long as they book it back to the ship and huck your head into the pods, you'll probably be fine; there might be some stat loss, but beyond that, fine. It's never really talked about but they can literally reanimate dead tissue as long as it's fresh and not to damaged. That kind of technology really changes the way medical practitioners operate,  since it's sometimes best to either let you die or just straight out kill you and revive you later. Look up information on how the medical system operates these days when you get back on board if you want to get an idea.
((Why do we have medics?!  :P Righty then!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:17 am »

All right, toss the head to me and I'll go on up, you can pass me the body and Gutsman once I'm through.

And you may want to make sure everything you have as a sample is sealed airtight.

Make sure all samples are sealed airtight.
Acquire Feyri's head, use as basketball, and exit anomaly, help get the bodies through and the non-damaged bodies through after that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:03:01 am by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: July 24, 2012, 08:58:31 am »

Give Simus Feyri's head, then get the bodies through to the outer world; go there myself as well.

Contact Steve.

Okay, Steve, we are a bit ahead of schedule here. We have an emergency situation, one of the team members being on the verge of death, and another one freshly deceased. We need an evac shuttle here to take them back on board, or at least to put them into stasis while we finish the mission.
Past Sigs

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: July 24, 2012, 09:00:46 am »

((Arguably, we don' have medics. Not because of some "Faith's the worst medic" or "Dr Mesk Ninja" thing (of course, they do contribute), but because the medical equipment is somewhat expensive. The Corps is a punishment, after all, and doesn't care if we die. Only when we survive a few missions do we get access to medical equipment that deserves that name.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: July 24, 2012, 09:14:34 am »

((Arguably, we don' have medics. Not because of some "Faith's the worst medic" or "Dr Mesk Ninja" thing (of course, they do contribute), but because the medical equipment is somewhat expensive. The Corps is a punishment, after all, and doesn't care if we die. Only when we survive a few missions do we get access to medical equipment that deserves that name.))
((It was a punishment?!

Well, there goes my whole backstory, including and proceeding characters after that.  :P
Also...could I somehow...not be a cyborg? Resuscitate the body and re-attach the head! Medical Marvels![/notlosinghope]

Also, thanks for looting my body like a good adventurer would, Pyro - leaving the clothing on. Make use of them well! And that blue pill which I've no idea about!))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: July 24, 2012, 09:23:37 am »

"Can i at least not be put in susppension, I'll stay in the house and evry so often ill come back in and radio you and see if theirs an emergancy going on, i can still walk"
Plea to let me help.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: July 24, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

((It was a punishment?!

((Well, for most of us.  :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: July 24, 2012, 09:31:41 am »

((Also...could I somehow...not be a cyborg? Resuscitate the body and re-attach the head! Medical Marvels![/notlosinghope]

Also, thanks for looting my body like a good adventurer would, Pyro - leaving the clothing on. Make use of them well! And that blue pill which I've no idea about!))

((Why do you think we went through the trouble of dragging your headless corpse back? I wanted to give you the option, although how you'll make it, I don't know. Maybe you'll be a head in a jar long enough for you to tell them which you want.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: July 24, 2012, 09:41:00 am »

Even if you can, I am fairly sure you shouldn't walk. And seeing how eager to try you are, the other option I can see is to tie you down onto a bed in the house...
Now that I think of it, no. Sorry, buddy, but as of now you certainly cannot eat and most likely shouldn't drink. I don't want to find out that you've died of thirst by when we come back only because we were stalled by another accident.
I am fairly sure Steve won't let any vandals or burglars do harm to his shuttle, so even if it will stand there waiting, you are going to be protected. They probably cost a fortune, after all. Don't worry, you'll be safe there, way safer than the rest of the team inside that anomaly.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 1256