Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946570 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5670 on: July 23, 2012, 05:27:48 pm »

Be concious again, be happy for 5's
[end:2]
Gurgle

"SORRY CHIN!" Faith cried, rushing towards Feyri. There'd be time for proper apologies later.

Figure out what's wrong with Feyri and fix her!
[med:2+1]

You bend down and look at Feyri. Judging from the enormous, smoldering hole in her suit and back with the burnt flesh and exposed spine, you're going to guess that Feyri might have pissed off Zeus at some point.

"My foot! You cut of my foot! What, Feyri? What happened? And why are you guys aiming at Mason? And what's that ...? Wait, wait, are we down two by friendly fire? WITHOUT EFFING ENEMY CONTACT??"

Don't panic.
[will:6]
You do one better then not panic: you start laughing. You laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh, till it's nothing but an airless, insane screech,  like the death rattle of some sort of hybrid clown pterodactyl. 

Well... That was... extreme, doc. But, I guess it means he'll live once he's back on the ship. Good job.

Turn towards the guy asking for a rifle.

Here.

Toss him the laser rifle, clip, tesla saber, and that pill.

I've no need for any of those. You don't want the saber or whatever the blue thing is, give it to someone else. Just, make sure the owner gets it back, once she's back.

Put away the modified gauss rifle and the shield, and head over to the guide.

Do you know if a body, if left here, will be unmolested by anything native to this dimension? Because it's either we leave the dead person and the severely injured person here and pick them back up later or we take them back now. There's a third option, but unless the rest of the group agrees, I don't want to decapitate someone who could have the rest of their body saved.

((Spinal, I didn't have one to begin with. The only vaguely rifle-esque thing I had was a grenade launcher.))
You hand the weapons over to thomas while talking to Conrad.

"They should be fine," He looks a bit disturbed by all this, "But they're not gonna live for days just lying there."

(( OH WOW! I... succeeded? * O_O * ))
As doctor Sanctor finished operating Mason, he gave Travis a hard glance. Later.

Oh, and thank you, Simulacrus.

Check her heart! It could have stopped! Maurice then shouted at Faith as he was rushing to help Feyri.
Either that or she might already be fried on the inside. No - she is alive. She is revivable.
Assist Faith.
[med:5+1]
Pretty clear she's been badly fried; there's not much of her spine left below the mid back where she got struck. Her organs are no doubt equally crispy, and it seems like the only part of her thats not completely toasted is the flesh above the striking point, and even then they still got shocked, just less so.

"Nothing for it." You say with a shrug and, with one good swing, hack her head straight off. You spray some medi-foam into the bottom of the helmet and then tuck her head under your arm.

"Gyah! Why can't you guys keep that infighting on the ship where it freaking belongs! Ugh. Wait, where's the cam?! Aj, there it is. Is it still working??"

Check the camera.
You drag  yourself over to where you dropped the camera when you got your foot cut off. It's coated in sand from being dropped, but that's about it.

"Umm... May? Anyone? Anyone able to tell what this does?"

"Oh that's the thing with the stuff with the shoo-be-da-do-wop."
Examine pill.

[med:6]
"Thats an energy pill. Gives you energy. Lots and lots of energy. For moving around and doing things. Like not falling asleep."

"He was endangering us all. I say it went over fairly well. He's not completely destroyed, yet he's not capable of causing additional harm. If you can't agree with my actions, well I can't do anything about that.

Also, just in case he feels the need to melt my brain if he comes to, potentially killing everyone again."

Travis strolls over to Mason, grabs his manipulator, and hands it to Conrad

"You've helped us a lot, and lost a lot yourself. Mason continually makes your life more difficult. I'd figure you at least deserve this. When this is all over, you can sell it or use to cook marshmallows. I don't particularly care"
You try to give the manipulator to Conrad, but he doesn't want it. Admittedly, you can see why.

"I bloody well hope so."

Test my balance and ability to walk.

"Can't we bind a small rock in front of my... what the hell do you call half a foot? Heel? We have more rock sample than we need anyway, don't we? It's not like I need to effing run. For improved balance, I mean."

You can stand alright, but moving is a nightmare, especially in this sand. You're tripping and stumbling all over the damn. [-1 dex]

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: July 23, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »

Okay, the doctor has eliminated the need for one or two people on the squad going back.

To Conrad:

They don't need to live, their brain, and whatever body they would want to have woken up with, just need to remain intact and gotten aboard the ship. They can be revived there, although the one that Doc Sanctor just decapitated will wake up in a robotic body.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:37:03 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: July 23, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »

Be alive now!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: July 23, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

"Yeah, I guess I can walk, barely. I'm not going to get too close to those pits, in any case."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: July 23, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »

To Cameraman:

Even if you are good to continue on, the camera footage you take tripping around like that isn't going to be all that great, you might want to hand it off to someone else.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: July 23, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »

Travis stashes the manipulator in his bag for now

Well, I guess I can understand. Though I don't know why he wouldn't sell it.

"Alright, looks like things have stabilized. Let's continue with our examination.

Does anyone have a mono atomic razor or something similar? I believe you mentioned having wrist blades Simus? These 'trees'
Travis gestures seem to be sharper than anything I've ever seen. They would make great weapons. We should try to collect as much as we can, safely.

Also, Faith, do you want to take a look at how deep these 'trees' go, using your cutting torch?

Finely, I wouldn't mind carrying around the camera. I'll split the tokens gained from the data between everyone, well everyone that is helpful and not trying to get us all killed"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

((Are we going to have enough time to revive The headless one? Will the mission take too long or will the medifoam make her last longer.))
"Well, if he dosen't want to keep it, I can take it."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:02:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: July 23, 2012, 05:42:30 pm »

((Does Travis know Simus' name? i don't think I ever really introduced her, except to Jim, Mesk, and Maurice.))

I already did what you're asking Faith to do. I took a core sample, here.

Show Travis the core sample.

And sure, I'll collect some branches. You're carrying them, though.

Cut some branches down away from the group, using my wristblade.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »

"I don't mind either of you taking it. Try to suss out who's better at operating it, then that one takes it." Gorat suggests.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »

Tell origin story of PacMan.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: July 23, 2012, 05:48:00 pm »

Help set up camp, while pretending to pay attention to what May says.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:13 pm »

((Are we going to have enough time to revive worst medic?))
((Worst Medic is Faith, who is unscathed, Feyri the Powersliding Mercenary was the one who got decapitated. You and your thing with names, now applied to nicknames. :P

@PyroDesu: People keep talking to her and using "Simus" in the public channel, so Travis can pick it up IC.))

Milno represses the urge to facepalm as he watches Maurice cutting Feyri's head off.
"Feyri should have done it with Jim when she still had a body. Now it will really be difficulty for them to have fun.

Hey, remember that anything looted from her body should be returned after she is ressurrected. And you better put them to good use instead of using them as fancy suicide instruments."

((And now Jim and Feyri = cyborg love.

Edit: Her heart had stopped. Now Maurice cut off her head instead of getting her heart to work again. Great.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:01:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

((Does Travis know Simus' name? i don't think I ever really introduced her, except to Jim, Mesk, and Maurice.))

((I don't pay attention to such things. It's hard enough for me to remember the names, let alone if I was told the name. I'm sure the name was mentioned at one point and Travis connected the dots))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: July 23, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »

((Are we going to have enough time to revive worst medic?))
((Worst Medic is Faith, who is unscathed, Feyri the Powersliding Mercenary was the one who got decapitated. You and your thing with names, now applied to nicknames. :P))
((...
*Headdesk*
Me and names. Not so good.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: July 23, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »

Travis nods

"Yes, yes. But what I want to know is how deep they go into the sandstone. What's their origin point? There's got to be something special at the bottom. Maybe it's a layer of sodium.  Maybe it's not. It could be anything, really, and I think it's worth the venture"
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1256