Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946581 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5700 on: July 23, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »

(( Yeah, that is exactly why I am having another look at the body. Hmmm, should I ask for someone else's opinion, maybe? ))
Actually, could any of you with at least meagre medical knowledge come up here and see this body? It seems to me that it might be yet revivable, just not with the equipment we have here, and I'd like someone else's opinion on the matter.

((Then there we go, after next turn, we start hauling the dead/dying/severely injured back to the shuttle. We can deposit samples there, too.))
(( Agreed. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »

((So the away team is Thomas, Simus/whatshername and Nik?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: July 23, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »

(( Maurice, not Nik  :) . And yes, unless Milno decides to join us at the last moment :P
Also, I am waiting for the guide's answer. If they are not going to send the evac shuttle before some certain date no matter what, the injured/freshly deceased may actually have a better chance here or even further along the path, where it is even colder.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »

Milno answers Maurice's question after some time:
"I'd say the guy who's dating the albino freak was basically a sack of meat after the last mission he took part in and yet they were able to salvage most of his body.

I can't say her body will be saved, but there is a chance it can happen, in the ship."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: July 23, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

"Yeah, Milno's right, except about May. I lost around my heart down."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: July 23, 2012, 07:29:26 pm »

Cut off a sizeable sample of the tree trunk I just cut down, then begin digging into the base to see if I can find its roots, bottom, or just confirm that it goes down deeper than I'm willing to go with a cutting torch. Drag Chin, or whoever has the camera now, to record the whole process.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: July 23, 2012, 07:48:40 pm »

Milno answers Maurice's question after some time:
"I'd say the guy who's dating the albino freak was basically a sack of meat after the last mission he took part in and yet they were able to salvage most of his body.

"Wait, the Armory Master has a boyfriend?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:57 pm »

"Wait, the Armory Master has a boyfriend?"
"I don't think so. Wait, what?"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: July 23, 2012, 07:52:36 pm »

((Oh snap. A few placed words and the AM will finish off what she started))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5709 on: July 23, 2012, 10:49:50 pm »

Be alive now!
[end:6]
You wake up screaming, sit up, crack the medi-foam and start bleeding again. You keep screaming.

((Are we going to have enough time to revive The headless one? Will the mission take too long or will the medifoam make her last longer.))
"Well, if he dosen't want to keep it, I can take it."
Feyri's head is gonna go bad in a few hours, let alone the days.
((Does Travis know Simus' name? i don't think I ever really introduced her, except to Jim, Mesk, and Maurice.))

I already did what you're asking Faith to do. I took a core sample, here.

Show Travis the core sample.

And sure, I'll collect some branches. You're carrying them, though.

Cut some branches down away from the group, using my wristblade.
You hack a few branches off the nearest tree and let them fall to the ground. You point at them and say "There ya go."

Tell origin story of PacMan.

[Random what the fuck roll:1]

"PACMAN was a lemon that someone cut a mouth out of. The end."

Help set up camp, while pretending to pay attention to what May says.

You guys are still 2 miles from camp. You just can't seem to stop murdering each other long enough to get there.

(( Oh. I am totally going to be killed by Jim. Totally. ))
Was it imagination... or did the blood pour from the neck stump, too freely for a fried body?
Check the headless body once more. Is it really that crispy?
Treat Thomas's arm.

... Damnation.
I am afraid you are wrong here, Simulacrus. This brain won't surivive it for long. I've bought us some time, but I believe we need to get her head and Mason back on board as soon as possible.

Also, that's not the point, Milno. You may as well be young, or very old, for all I know, but you are already toughened by the missions you've survived, and you are wearing this suit that grants you Herculean strength and endurance.

(( And no, Maurice is just being a gentleman. And a practical man as well: according to the sheets, Simus has endurance of 2. That is a bit low for this kind of task, don't you think so? ))
You take another quick look at the body but...well the fucking spine is exposed and burnt. Even if you could get a pulse back in her, she would be dead in minutes from anything from multiple organ failure to asphyxiation.  This way she would survive at least, assuming you get her to the stasis pods on the shuttle.

[med:5+1]

You're a bit distracted with your recent decapitation of a teammate to really pay much attention to Thomas's boo boo. You spray enough medi-foam on his palm to completely encase his hand in a hardening foam sphere.

"We definitely need to send some people back with them," Faith said, motioning to Mason and... well, Maurice holding Feyri's head now. "This mission will take longer than they can be revived for.

So, who's officially going? I'm not really suited to carrying things and would better serve helping to figure this place out. Maybe Maurice and Simus, or maybe May? Ideally they should be able to have the wounded picked up and then just hurry back here without an issue. It also needs to be someone reliable, though..."

She also moved back over to Chin.

"And I'm really sorry about that, here."

Hand Chin a crutch.
You get a crutch from the Advanced kit and hand it to Chin with a sheepish shrug. "Sorry about that..."

"Unfortunately, I don't think we have cutting laser fielded right now. The best we got is Faith's cutting torch.

Also, I don't particularly care if I have the camera or not. Would make documenting things easier. Though I'm not the best with technology, as indicted by the issue I had with my head lamps (No -1 or +1 for reference, just a normal roll). If the guy over there thinks he can use the camera better, he can have it"

Reminded about his lamps, Travis turns their intensity down to 150%

"Hey Conrad? Would it be possible you could help us hunt down a stiltwalker and get it on film before you leave?"
You turn your lamps, which you have yet to reactivate, down to 150%.

"Uh." Conrad still seems a bit dazed by all this,  "Well, we could try when you get back, but we'd need the searchlights to really see anything.

Cut off a sizeable sample of the tree trunk I just cut down, then begin digging into the base to see if I can find its roots, bottom, or just confirm that it goes down deeper than I'm willing to go with a cutting torch. Drag Chin, or whoever has the camera now, to record the whole process.
[aux:5+1]

You cut up the ground...and the tree, hacking randomly around till you have nothing but a pit full of gravel and tree pieces. Kinda hard to tell if there were roots in there...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: July 23, 2012, 11:05:01 pm »

Scoop the stuff out of the pit, then examine it.

If that's inconclusive, cut down another tree and dig at the base of that. Have Chin film from afar this time until the tree's down, then come in to watch me dig.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: July 23, 2012, 11:08:38 pm »

"Uh, thanks. So, I'll be one of the ones who heads back."
Grab Mr. Gutless and head on back to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:42:45 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

Hey, pick up Mr. Gutless before you start walking.

Pick up the remains of Feyri's body and start heading back.

We'll meet you guys at the campsite, Conrad. Try not to let any of them do anything exceedingly stupid. Again. I don't want to make this trip again before the mission is over.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: July 23, 2012, 11:42:08 pm »

"Are you meeting up with us at the forest or back at your house? Also, I think I have a better idea. Are the searchlights portable?

((If yes)

Hey, guys carrying the corpses back. Mind grabbing the searchlights while you're there? When we set up camp we can have a small team use them to search for some stiltwalkers"

((This doesn't matter if it's a yes or a no))

Travis uses one of his stronger containers to pick up the branches, avoiding hand contact

"Alright, let's get a move on. The camp site isn't too far off I assume. We can continue our exploration there"

Travis follows the guide for whenever the guide decides to continue
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:46:15 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »

((PW, is some of this world inspired by the movie/book "Mist" by any chance?))
Thats that steven king book about a Mist full of monsters right? Not really. To be honest it's inspired almost totally by a dream I had combined with a recent rereading of the book "Blind Decent"

((Yeah, that's the one I mean. I only saw the movie, but some elements of this world reminded me of the book (well, it was a long shot actually but I couldn't resist asking). For example, the tall beings you described (sorry, I forgot their name) reminded me of some creature I saw in that movie and the mist also represented another dimension. It was low budget but i really enjoyed it. Especially because of the bad ending, where the hero shoots three of his friends in the head to save them from a more horrible death, only to find out it wasn't really necessary only a few minutes later. How often do you see that in a movie? :D Anyways, another thumbs up for your storytelling. It's addictive reading.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1256