Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946563 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5625 on: July 23, 2012, 09:50:03 am »

((Personal Request: I'd like to advise our medics to act as if the person they're treating will live, and not the other way.

Darn pessimists.  :P))
((Obviously I do so :P ))

No, that is not the point. If I am right, and this central crystal is the core of this growth, it should stop as soon as it is destroyed - or, well, at least it might give me more time to cut it out.
(( Well, it might mean that on a [5] it would shatter and Mason would totally be saved, so I am willing to risk it. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:07 am »

(Yeah and a 4 would at least give me more time a 3 wouldn't do anythingm a 2 would give me less time a 1 would kill me a 5 would save me a 6 would probably cause it to shatter saving me but making someone else be crystaled.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: July 23, 2012, 10:07:41 am »

(( Worth the try, as I said :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:42 am »

Very well...

Aim again (same parameters as before) and fire.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: July 23, 2012, 10:17:30 am »

(( Actually, you may stand well back, as it is better at medium range than at short.
Here:
0 - Short | +1 - Medium | +1 Long | Has an extended barrel and scope
))
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: July 23, 2012, 10:27:13 am »

((Milno has two unmodified (+1 Short) gauss rifles.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:05 am »

((Milno has two unmodified (+1 Short) gauss rifles.))
((And is doing nothing about it.  :P))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: July 23, 2012, 10:35:02 am »

(( Let him try doing it too, then. What's the problem, after all?  :P ))
Past Sigs

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:06 pm »

((The crystal is already the size of a watermelon. I can't fathom what you hope to achieve by shooting it, except endangering the rest of us. You do realize how big a watermelon is, right? :P))

Had to be done.

Travis holds his arm out, blocking Maurice's path as long as he can

"You're only endangering yourself. There's nothing you can do, I tested it in VR. Try to save someone useful, like Feyri over there"

After noticing Simus preparing to fire, Travis stops trying to slow down Maurice and hides behind a tree, making sure to avoid the lethal branches, trying to save himself from the potential crystal carnage

"What are you doing!? That will do NOTHING but spread the crystals faster along his body, and endanger the rest of us"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:03:47 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: July 23, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

Mason turned too Travis and said
"I don't like you."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5635 on: July 23, 2012, 02:34:48 pm »

I actually couldn't tell if you guys decided to shoot or not, since there are contradicting posts, so I just went with surprise surgery.

((Well. Sh-

Time to create a new character. I knew I was useless.

Also, very precise discharge.   :'( ))

Dream of what may occur in the future if we make it to the Lost Cathedral, and if I'm alive.
Well, not so much precise discharge as you were just the closest conductive thing. Also, technically you're already dead, as in that stopped your heart. The mortal wound status is just the countdown till they can't restart it. Though that's not the only damage, not by far. Also Also you'd just be temp dead, but remember that someone would have to carry the body back out and to the shuttle, since this mission is gonna last way beyond the maximum time to revive you.

[Will:3]
Eh. Probably nothing good.

NO!
Treat Mason by cutting out the flesh chunk with the growing crystal inside. ...Don't cut it too close to the crystal, leave some much space for it in order to securely contain the growth inside the part I am cutting out. Don't touch the crystal myself.
If it comes to the worst, just cut off the upper part of the body, as much as it contains the brain and is not yet contaminated by the crystal thing.

((Uh, sorry Tiruin, I wasn't exactly focused on Feyri at the moment, you are less in danger of perma-death and you still have some time. I will turn my attention to you as soon as I finish with Mason. Also, I am not the only medic on the team, after all.  ::) 
And yes, Feyri is totally a badass in my book, ever since the first mission. We'll yet need your insane powerslide techniques to overcome whatever horrors dwell ahead on our journey  ;)

Oh, and poor Thomas will also have to wait for a few moments  :P

@Caellath Maurice does listen to Milno too. And, well, I also try to - at least sometimes.  ;) ))
EDIT: Stand away for the moment as someone shoots the crystal, then return to cutting if it didn't help.
[Dex:5]
[Med:4+1]

You don't waste a second as you charge over to Mason and begin cutting the rapidly growing crystal out of his body, hacking away straight through the suit and into his body. Its less of a surgery and more of a rapid, controlled disemboweling, but its effective in removing the infected flesh. You hurl the still growing crystal away and into the dark beyond the path before squirting a whole can of medifoam into the massive gaping wound that your impromptu surgery left. Well, it' not pretty, and he's gonna be getting all sorts of horrible side effects pretty soon, but  at least he's stable enough to transport back to the shuttle without being shredded to pieces.

[mason end:2]

Unsurprisingly, having his guts literally cut out of him causes Mason to pass out, either by blood loss or pain, hard to tell.

((You didn't say a word to Feyri or Faith...))
((Yep. He didn't say anything because the chances were they (especially Faith) would go "BUT IT WILL WORK, I'LL DO IT ANYWAY", so yes. And Milno had already tried to convince people before to no avail. Frankly, as far as he's concerned, if he's able to finish the mission it's all fine since people would rather be impulsive than ask the guide.

Edit: Now Faith will look for treasure under the spot the tree was and let Gorat die of bleeding. :P))
((This is largely because Milno just disapproves of everything.))

Faith screamed. Chin's foot, Mason's gut, Feyri's everything... everything just went wrong at once, and she stood helpless a moment trying to figure out who to help first.

Maurice seemed to have Mason, which left Chin and Feyri. Chin was inarguably her fault, but Feyri looked like she had taken a serious blow... perhaps she could heal Chin quickly and then move on to the more complex problem?

See if I can reattach Chin's foot. If not, patch him up so he's not bleeding, wrap the foot so it won't bleed all over the samples and then put it in his bag.
[med:3+1]
You stop the bleeding and bandage up the remaining half of a foot before wrapping the severed half and throwing it in your bag for later, either to put it back on or for milno to snack on.

Milno giggled a little as Faith screamed. Now, that was nice.
"Are you trying to pretend you care about anything other than valuables? That is very noble of you!"

His voice reeked of sarcasm.

Sit on the rope/stay near it, watch shenanigans happening.

Avoid shenanigans if they become too dangerous, if needed activate EMM and keep the guide safe.

You avoid shenanigans and bodily injury by simply staying far away from your "Teammates".

Charro was watching with interest as Travis gave Mason a blast from his... Weird crystal-shooty-gun-thing.
As such he wasn't paying much attention to the others, and jumped in surprise as Faith dropped a tree on the cameraman. He frowned.
'Things are starting to go a little badly--' Just as that thought was going through his head, Feyri suddenly spasmed and collapsed.

"Oh god! What are you all doing?! What-I- Oh jeez." Charro grimaced, then walked cautiously over to stare at Maurice trying to help Mason. "Er, shouldn't you be helping her...?" He nodded towards Feyri. "Going in order of potential usefulness, you know? That guy did just try to get us all killed, after all."
He turned slowly around, surveying the carnage, then shook his head and headed back over to Conrad. There wasn't a lot he could do for anyone, so he may as well keep an eye on the guide.
'Okay, maybe more than a little.'

>Protect Conrad from our stupidity/vicious creatures of the unknown!
You gallantly stand in front of the guide, ready to protect him from a combination of unknown danger and the very known danger of one's own teammates. Conrad seems very nonplussed by all this.

((With teammates like this, who needs enemies? Anyone saving Feyri? Make sure the camera is okay, too, guys. And there goes my idea for the tower, most likely.))

Wake up screaming like a little girl.
[end:5]
You wake up, screaming like a little girl about the competence teammates and the sensation of having your foot cut off. You have a very negative opinion of both.

Strip Feyri's equipment, but not armor, from her slowly cooling corpse soon-to-be corpse.

I highly advise ya'll stand far, far away. I may not be the worst shot, but if I do hit, then fragments of that crystal could still be dangerous, and they'll be spraying out and away from where it gets hit. So, unless anyone here is better at marksmanship and actually willing to help, here goes.

I hope this works...

Unless somebody else volunteers ((I'm looking at you, Milno.)), standing perpendicular and at a good distance away from Mason, using the scope, and away from everyone else, aim at the center of the main crystal.

Wait a second... Now I really think about it, the crystal is probably already too big inside of him to blow apart with a weapon without blowing him open as well. All I could really do, I think, is break off the external portion.

Stand down.

You steal everything you can from Feyri's corpse. Gah, you're getting weighed down under all this crap.

((PW, is some of this world inspired by the movie/book "Mist" by any chance?))
Thats that steven king book about a Mist full of monsters right? Not really. To be honest it's inspired almost totally by a dream I had combined with a recent rereading of the book "Blind Decent"

((piecewise, did the plastic combat shield do any good, or that one just bypassed most of my defenses but didn't kill me?

Spoiler: C: For piecewise (click to show/hide)
))

Quote from: Just so ya know
Feyri's weaponry//armor//inventory:
A Blue pill, received after the first mission for treatment of a sort.
One Laser Rifle - Killer of the Alien Sentinel, fully loaded.
One Laser Rifle Battery
One Modded Gauss Rifle painted in a jungle camo color. Loaded.
One plastic combat shield
One MK I suit complete with inner garments
One Tesla Sabre, Powered. Was 4:35/5:00 recently, unknown as of the current time.

Also, the ammo and stats are in abbreviations, hover mouse over them to see.
((Personal Request: I'd like to advise our medics to act as if the person they're treating will live, and not the other way.

Darn pessimists.  :P))
The shield didn't really help you because, well, the arc came from above you, so even if you were holding the shield at the ready, it would still have still jumped to you. Though it would have hit you in the head, which would be worse.

May runs over to Feyri, kneeling over her. "Doctor time! I'm going to destabilize the wound source with morphine prognosis to cauterize the tumor contagion so as to expedite nueromusclear activity."

Fix Feyri with magic emergency kit.

[med:1]
You squat over Feyri for a moment, nodding as you examine her. You stand with determination and shout, "Does anyone have Marshmallows and some sticks? "

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: July 23, 2012, 02:42:19 pm »

Be concious again, be happy for 5's
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: July 23, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »

((In his short amount of time with us, Maurice has shown he's actually a competent doctor. I didn't even know that existed in ER's universe.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: July 23, 2012, 02:49:16 pm »

"SORRY CHIN!" Faith cried, rushing towards Feyri. There'd be time for proper apologies later.

Figure out what's wrong with Feyri and fix her!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:05 pm »

Thomas turns towards Simus.
"Excuse me, but can I use Feyris rifle or your old one? You don't need two right?"
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 1256