Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217611 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.09] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.6)
« Reply #645 on: May 23, 2012, 09:36:43 am »

Quote from: PlumpHelmetPunk
Vault Dwarves
Steampunk elves. Sewer goblins. Desert orcs...

:D

morla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 23, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

Hi, i really enjoy this mod.

I have a doubt, does power armor protects the whole body?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, why two:
[LBSTEP:MAX]
Instead:
[UBSTEP:MAX]

Also the Arc Furnace produces only one bar of metal out of one ore, is this intended?, and if you smelt scrap metal in the smelter you can get a lot more metal bars.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:34:37 pm by morla »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #647 on: May 23, 2012, 04:58:12 pm »

Also, why two:
Also the Arc Furnace produces only one bar of metal out of one ore, is this intended?, and if you smelt scrap metal in the smelter you can get a lot more metal bars.
Here's my sub-version of 1.6 to help folks: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/DF%20Apocalypse%20Graph%201.6%20TT%20raw.rar (raws folder only; should be save-compatible.)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.65)
« Reply #648 on: May 23, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »

Also, why two:
Instead:
[UBSTEP:MAX]
1) Because derp...
2) Yeah, but you can definitely get specific metal while in smelter it's a gamble.

So yeah, thanks for the feedback, Moria.

- Update to 0.31.10.
- Power armor coverage is fixed.
- Deatchlaws drop deathclaw gauntlets when butchered.

Save compatible. Plump, update! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:30 am »

There is too many robots and dogs in town! It make the game too slow. i can't enjoy adventure because it's too slow.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2012, 06:21:02 am »

One question, can I butcher the feral dogs who my robot kills? Or tame the feral dogs I captured in cages? If I can't tame it, I think I'm gonna throw in my pit, where at the bottom of the pit is waiting a robobrain for ˇˇˇFUN!!!

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:34 am »

One question, can I butcher the feral dogs who my robot kills? Or tame the feral dogs I captured in cages? If I can't tame it, I think I'm gonna throw in my pit, where at the bottom of the pit is waiting a robobrain for ˇˇˇFUN!!!

That's the only way I hunt!  I train a gutsy, attach it to a woodsman, tell him to clear trees near the animals I want dead.  Usually he lives!  (you do need to set up a refuse stockpile near a butchery though, and turn on surface refuse gathering...sometimes they ignore it)

And I do have to admit...adventure mode...towns are flooded with pets...but it's also that way in vanilla for me...so not Deon's fault.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:34 am »

The claw. THE CLAW!

morla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 25, 2012, 10:22:01 am »

The ARC FURNACE was driving me crazy, it uses one hematite ore and transforms it in one iron bar, what a waste. So i created a few reactions to improve this behaivior:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think that the arc furnace can only use single product ore to produce bars, thats why it can only process native copper, iron ores, gold and silver(maybe other types of silver and coper:horn silver, malachite... and add zinc and tin reactions). Also the SCRAP IRON/COPPER reaction needs Tweaking in the product percentage and yield.

I was thinking to remove sulfur and saltpeter as ore and give a reaction to the chemicla lab to process rocks and find some. But i don´t know how to do it.

Why so few sand soil layers?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 25, 2012, 11:12:04 am »

yeah...I added [SOIL_SAND] to sandy clay as well as all of the loams in mine...sure it's a even mix of sand, silt, and clay..but I say the vault dwellers have sufficient tech to properly filter and sort the stuff.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #655 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:15 pm »

Deon, I have a flavor idea: at the arc furnace, "radiation-sterilize food" because it has the plutonium rod. Food goes in, same food comes out, I guess.
And irradiating kills bacteria. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_irradiation
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #656 on: May 25, 2012, 01:12:05 pm »

Wouldn't that just keep taking and spitting out the same food item? unless every creature/plant has a secondary eatable material that is "sterlized" making the primary one have a negative ingested syndrome. so Sterlizing food puts normal food in, same thing comes out but the sterile form. Probally adding a HAS_MATERIAL_PRODUCT:STERILZE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MUSCLE_STERILE and vice versa with plants, and the other meat products

EDIT:
Since the sterile meat is not a tissue on the creautre and just a material sitting in it, there is no worries of getting sterile meat from butchering

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:52 am »

I'll think about sterilization... But what is that madness, 4 bars out of 1 ore? You are cheating, Moria! :D

P.S. My exam was yesterday, I've got "excellent" grade :D. It was English though, so it was expected. I've spent the whole night before it playing Path of Exile. I've also slept less than 4 hours. This scheme always works for me when it comes to exams :D.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:07:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 26, 2012, 08:43:28 am »

and who says playing video-games instead of studying is bad?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 26, 2012, 10:04:41 am »

Can't wait for this next update Deon.  :D
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62