Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217614 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.5) - Rollercoaster edition
« Reply #615 on: May 19, 2012, 06:15:15 am »

Maybe what a beautiful world would be better as menu music, i mean, its the opening song of Fallout 2 after all :D.

but...kiss to build a dream on was the opening song for fallout 1!

I say use something else from the period like "Shave 'Em Dry" by Lucille Bogan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ko2VXpW7_g

...on second thought...don't.

Wrong, actually. Maybe by the Inkspots was Fallout 1, Kiss To Build A Dream On was Fallout 2.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.09] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.6)
« Reply #616 on: May 19, 2012, 06:21:11 am »

Frack ok...

After a little research "what a wonderfull world" is from fallout 3... HOW THE HELL could i miss that, "kiss to build..." on fallout 2, and inkspot for fallout 1....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #617 on: May 19, 2012, 06:33:19 am »

Frack ok...

After a little research "what a wonderfull world" is from fallout 3... HOW THE HELL could i miss that, "kiss to build..." on fallout 2, and inkspot for fallout 1....

Actually the main song for Fallout 3 was "I don't want to set the world on fire" by The Ink Spots again.
Oh, hai.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 19, 2012, 09:27:04 am »

what the, where did i heard that then o.O
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2012, 01:20:37 pm »

crap...yep..."maybe" was playing while the TV was showing commercials in F1...kiss to build a dream on was during the "leaving the vault" slideshow presentation in F2...my brain keeps assigning "leaving the vault" to Fallout 1...because...you...well...left the vault.  I think "what a wonderful world" was used in the pre-launch F3 commercials?  but then it was also used in the RAGE commercial...and I think Bioshock 2  and one of the Battlefield or Call of Duty commercials too...

The real question is...what song was playing on the car radio in Fallout Tactics?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 19, 2012, 01:29:22 pm »

Don't you mean 34.09? :P

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.09] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.6)
« Reply #621 on: May 19, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »

I just had the most epic fight ever!...

One deathclaw appear on the map, one of the megabeast, im far from ready, just got my first militia on... Emergency alert, all civilian inside, we are closing doors!

Only have 2 claptrap guarding the outside walls.. i said to myself im in trouble, big time.... Deathclaw get close to the first one, bam one hit he sever the poor claptrap arms and send the remaining flying.... The other one is dead sure thing.

NO!! i fought, he fought, while he was busy with the deathclaw i manage to sneak a lost civilian from outside inside my base and shut it again.. he keep fighting, the clap trap doesnt have a single dent yet! The deathclaw he getting exausted, finaly pass out from exaustion, the claptrap bash him, latch, bash and bash again untill a lucky hit, skull trought the brain. A size 35 little one wheeled, chatty robot manage to kill a megabeast deathclaw multi legendary.... size 2500....

A gecko sneak up behind after the kill and one shot the clap-trap... Such is life!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #622 on: May 20, 2012, 12:15:03 pm »

Those little claptraps have amazing odds against deathclaws. I had an earlier incident where I had an eyebot and a claptrap versus such a beast, and the eyebot didn't fare so well, but the claptrap beat the giant deathclaw into the cage trap.

It's a shame we no longer have dungeon masters to tame the things. It would've made my new guard dog.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 20, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »

With the animal training updates you should be able to train that deathclaw now.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 20, 2012, 01:13:31 pm »

I don't think you can train deathclaws, they are intelligent.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 20, 2012, 01:29:25 pm »

Who needs military when you can have 3-5 eyebots scare away two invading forces?
Robots are very much overkill but it's kind of fun. :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 20, 2012, 01:51:41 pm »

I don't think you can train deathclaws, they are intelligent.

I'm not sure if intelligence precludes the ability to train; I know that intelligen creatures can be pets, but they won't reproduce without marriage.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 20, 2012, 07:00:06 pm »

does anyone have a version of Dwarf Therapist synched to this version...my ISP refuses to even let me talk to their page.

I just had the most epic fight ever!...

One deathclaw appear on the map, one of the megabeast, im far from ready, just got my first militia on... Emergency alert, all civilian inside, we are closing doors!

Only have 2 claptrap guarding the outside walls.. i said to myself im in trouble, big time.... Deathclaw get close to the first one, bam one hit he sever the poor claptrap arms and send the remaining flying.... The other one is dead sure thing.

NO!! i fought, he fought, while he was busy with the deathclaw i manage to sneak a lost civilian from outside inside my base and shut it again.. he keep fighting, the clap trap doesnt have a single dent yet! The deathclaw he getting exausted, finaly pass out from exaustion, the claptrap bash him, latch, bash and bash again untill a lucky hit, skull trought the brain. A size 35 little one wheeled, chatty robot manage to kill a megabeast deathclaw multi legendary.... size 2500....

A gecko sneak up behind after the kill and one shot the clap-trap... Such is life!

While reading that...I imagined the claptrap dodging all over the place going "unce...unce...unce...yeah! c'mon! I'm dancin!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:09:57 pm by JediaKyrol »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:07 pm »

I was more envisioning the angry claptrap from the borderlands2 trailer.

"Seriously ?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4SJHK6eXE&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj869a_SIGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fubdz7w2vA&feature=relmfu

@deon: Sorry for the offtopic.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2012, 08:34:50 pm »

oh man...that reminds me...I got to build the Borderlands 2 Deathtrap...of course war and hunting trainable...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62