Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217577 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.65)
« Reply #660 on: May 26, 2012, 01:08:26 pm »

I'll think about sterilization... But what is that madness, 4 bars out of 1 ore? You are cheating, Moria! :D

P.S. My exam was yesterday, I've got "excellent" grade :D. It was English though, so it was expected. I've spent the whole night before it playing Path of Exile. I've also slept less than 4 hours. This scheme always works for me when it comes to exams :D.

Not really.. even with legendary miner when mining a vein you loose 3/4 of it due to the stone changes...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 26, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »

Not sure if bug or not, instead of engraved walls/floors tiles, I see tiles of images from this engravings, for example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also my vault dwellers bright energy plasma (from Securitron) to food stockpile, and after save/loading game it explodes, thankfully no one was near it.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 26, 2012, 05:47:59 pm »

Not sure if bug or not, instead of engraved walls/floors tiles, I see tiles of images from this engravings

Check this page from the wiki, under "Toggling" http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Engraving#Toggling

Hope that helps.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 26, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

This might have been asked before, but what should I embark with, with this mod, on a terrifying biome? Also, rifles use the same skill as crossbows right? or do you do what he did in Masterwork and replace blowgunner? Do bullets need a quiver?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:21:41 pm by Twangykid »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 26, 2012, 07:02:22 pm »

I'll think about sterilization... But what is that madness, 4 bars out of 1 ore? You are cheating, Moria! :D

P.S. My exam was yesterday, I've got "excellent" grade :D. It was English though, so it was expected. I've spent the whole night before it playing Path of Exile. I've also slept less than 4 hours. This scheme always works for me when it comes to exams :D.

Not really.. even with legendary miner when mining a vein you loose 3/4 of it due to the stone changes...
I haven't played with the latest version yet, thanks for telling (I wondered why did Toady raise the coke output from coal).

Rossol, toggle engravings off.

Twangykid: the gun skill replaces bow skill, and yes, bullets need quivers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #665 on: May 27, 2012, 03:01:30 am »

I haven't played with the latest version yet, thanks for telling (I wondered why did Toady raise the coke output from coal).

About this... I made a little discovery, small clusters leave a stone 100% of the time. Even if it is the same material that only leaves 25% in veins or clusters. So if you want to tweak it a little bit yourself, you can add small_cluster:100 and give the materials environment_spec:its-own-name-here.

So metal1 veins have some metal1 small_clusters inside that leave more ore. Or coke, or stone, or whatever you want to use it for.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 27, 2012, 06:13:31 pm »

So I downloaded and mix the recent corrosion mod with this and genning the work now.
one thing I found lacking in Post-apocalypse is how each race plays the same(removing the fact you can't retire anywhere as a supermutant) in adventure mode is compare to how different fort mode is from normal DF.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 28, 2012, 12:55:11 am »

The problem with adventure mode cannot be solved easily, because most of stuff is hardcoded there. So until we can have different site types and preset allegiances and such, it's going to be fortress mode heavy mod :).

Meph, thanks for the suggestion.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 29, 2012, 05:07:54 am »

The problem with adventure mode cannot be solved easily, because most of stuff is hardcoded there. So until we can have different site types and preset allegiances and such, it's going to be fortress mode heavy mod :).

Meph, thanks for the suggestion.
what type of fixes do you have in mind that gets stop at hardcoded? I kinda just don't want to play a no natural interactions adventurer. Wastelander mod kinda has the freedom to not leave you with just typical characters in fallout and allow folks to play as different or weird post apocalyptic creatures. Shoot you got robot helpers for fort mode but no Robot adventure class or play as any doom demon? just allowing access to creatures you added interactions to would improve on the mod.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:12 am »

that's easy...just go into your raws, open the entity_default and at the bottom slap in

[ENTITY:securitron]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:6]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:securitron]

that should let you play as a securitron...mind you their only natural interaction is to shoot plasma at stuff.  Most everything only has one natural ability...so it's not really worth it.
Also if you want to level up, you'll have to add [INTELLIGENT] to the securitron...but that'll make it not work in fort mode...so still...not worth it.

seriously, just use your adventurer interactions...Deon put a buttload of stuff in there.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #670 on: May 30, 2012, 10:02:05 pm »

Hey, this looks like lots of fun! I need to finish up my current fortress first, but then...

yes, bullets need quivers.

You might want to make that "bandoleers," rather than "quivers." A bandoleer seems like a common post-apocalyptic item, don't you think?  :)

This really does look like fun, though. Congrats!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:07 pm »

saddly quivers are hardcoded, and there is no custom tool use that fits [AMMO_CONTAINER] btw don't look up that tag it doesn't exsist lol

morla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:39 pm »

wich pets did u bring to hunt vermin?, my iguanas are totally unable to catch vermins and the eyebot just do what he wants to do.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 04, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

Small suggestion
in the fallout series many weapons have unique counterparts-So when a dwarf creates a weapon artifact he could make say "Oh baby!" Knock-knock" "Gobi campaign scout rifle"

Great mod loving the thrill of cracking open tech crates =D
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #674 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:59 am »

in the fallout series many weapons have unique counterparts-So when a dwarf creates a weapon artifact he could make say "Oh baby!" Knock-knock" "Gobi campaign scout rifle"
Great mod loving the thrill of cracking open tech crates =D
Hmm... can not change anything about the mood-created artifacts, they are hardcoded (in the executable, not in the raws).
Sometimes I have way too many crates, and too few plutonium rods -- because it's the arc furnace that's the hot topic.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62