Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217628 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.5) - Rollercoaster edition
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2012, 06:55:46 pm »

Just a thought, but have you considered incorporating any elements of the Plastics mod? You could have the Enclave faction manufacturing their own synthetics instead of just salvaging pre-war stuff, and maybe have Kevlar body armour and plastic riot shields turn up in some of the crates.

Also, I don't mind tweaking the relevant raws from my own mod so you've got the option for handguns once the game recognises two-handed weapons properly again.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #586 on: May 16, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

I think he means that one here: Dwarven Synthetics. I was thinking about it myself, but Kevlar, PVC and such dont really fit the fantasy/medieval setting, but for your mod it fits rather well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #587 on: May 17, 2012, 07:31:49 am »

Yeah, that's the one; I just couldn't recall the name of it.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 17, 2012, 10:51:52 am »

DFFD listing shows "File Listing: [0.34.07] "Post-Apocalypse" (v1.5) + Graphics" shouldnt it be 08? for the 1.5 Ap version?

Oh 09 is out too :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:13:28 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 17, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

Hey Deon, your mod it's so good! I love all the fallout world and I think your mod it's one of the best mods for DF! I love my vault dwellers drink nuka-cola!

A pair of questions! Your mod it's like the vanilla DF where Dwarfs can enter in a strange mood and make artifacts?

The werebeasts, how you changed it?

Thank you for all! I'm waiting your next version with .09!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:12 pm »

Werebeast has been replaced by other kind explained in the OP, as for the strange mood yes they are still in! its built inside DF cannot remove them

As for nuka cola, dont the dwarf tend to fall asleep right after the nuka wear off? as they are still tired even tho they drank.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 17, 2012, 04:48:12 pm »

Thanks for this answer! Oh by the way, a couple of more questions! There are still vanilla megabeasts and forgotten beasts? Or there are new megabeasts and forgotten like super-mutated creature with a radiating aura?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

THAT is a good question, but if im right forgotten beast are randomly generate each *map* wich mean harcoded to my knowledge. As for titan and megabeast they changed too, i will have to *dwelve deeper* to find out haha, lemme fire a map and see the legends''

Edit: Ok now titan are most of the time dynosaure like or beefed out forgotten beast and forgotten beast still random.

Thats what i gathered from one real-world map looking at legends quickly. i didnt read 100+ creature but seem to be pretty much it
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:26:10 pm by jocan2003 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #593 on: May 17, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »

There was an obscure way to mod FBs, to be generated from custom made creatures, but it is not really relyable.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »

I think it take random items in the raw already i saw something interesting, i wont say tho, but if you look carefully all forgotten beast you will clearly see interesting stuff :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 18, 2012, 12:03:27 am »

Plastics mod is EXTREMELY thorough. You will see what I mean if you check its reactions alone. It would be too cumbersome for 90% of players to do it :). I could make a "lite" version though.

If you play advanced world map creation options, they have demons/vampires/werewolves/necromancer removed, so they are replaced by my custom ones.
If you start through "Play now!" option, you will get vanilla werewolves, vampires etc., which is silly :).

You can disable modds and artifacts via init settings if you want.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 18, 2012, 01:03:54 am »

There's any way to know what a crate contains? Because I opened two, but I don't know what contained! And where I make the toolboxes for open the crates?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 18, 2012, 01:20:34 am »

I think you meant Create World Now! and not play now also, i see in adventure crafting you can make pellet, yet if you start as outsider sometime you start with a rifle, no way to craft bullet for it only pellet, another thing..... First adventurer got MAULED!!! but gecko because i didnt know it was taking SO LONG to reload a shot...... i mean im better off throwing these said ammo than use the rifle... they had time to chew, scratch, bite, charge, kick, bit, rinse repeat for nearly 3 page before i could land another shot, suffice to say i was dead at that point...

Maybe what a beautiful world would be better as menu music, i mean, its the opening song of Fallout 2 after all :D.

For boxes, it depends what kind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By looking here you dont need toolbox to open crate, but adding them as requirement could be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:23:18 am by jocan2003 »

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30:50 am »

I think you don't understand me =) For example, few minutes ago I ordered to open a crate, but I don't know what this crate contained... There's any form to know what objects/ammunition/supplies contained this crate? Where are stored the blueprints to check If I have anyone?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 18, 2012, 01:36:56 am »

Well for blueprint are research from holodisc once you get some, blueprint arent stored anywhere that i think off, they always got stuck in the workshop, just press "t" and go over the workshop used to open crates, you should see it there.

As to know what the crate that has been process contained, the only way to know is to look at the building with "t" just after opening it. And im sure before we could use regeant with only a chance to be used... and not "use it or dont" token... My idea got thrown out by the window now... ill try something i cant garantee anything tho.

Hope it answer the question.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:22:00 am by jocan2003 »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62