Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120459 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.33 - STAIRS
« Reply #675 on: September 02, 2013, 10:15:50 am »

"Water, huh?  My specialty just so happens to be water!"
Gather my equipment and join Elenor.
"I wonder if I could just... condense the entire sea into a cloud and then we could see what's going on underneath."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 02, 2013, 03:56:36 pm »

"Sunken city?"
Pick up rifle, join the others.
"Oh. Oh. Okay. Umm... Yeah, no herbs, but I do have a bear ass. If that helps."
Think. Do we know anything we could brew to make the water easier to go through? If so, keep that in mind for future reference. Also, gather some of that guano. For scientific purposes, of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:00 am »

"Er... a bear ass might just work... Um."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:29 am »

Let's go. Elenor leads, obviously.

Taren picked himself up of his own accord seeing how the others obviously had their own business to attend to that preceeded aiding a man in pain. He looked at Komas' body and felt his pulse on a whim. "I..I think I'll stay behind. You all go ahead, I can trace your steps.

"This man still has pulse, but isn't waking up. Strange yet, he feels...cold to the touch."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 03, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »

"Er... a bear ass might just work... Um."
"Then take it. I don't think I'll be able to turn it in around here, anyway. I might need it later though."
Bear ass transfer!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »

""This man still has pulse, but isn't waking up. Strange yet, he feels...cold to the touch."

"Oh... yeah. That... that happens to me quite often. You know, it's best just to put him in the recovery position with some nice calming music, or not calming, anything, really, no, actually, calming, and maybe put, say, some food nearby. He'll be fine. It' kind of a spirit journey, you know?"

Helskaya accepts the bear ass transfer and stows it in his inventory.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 04, 2013, 06:19:01 am »

Carry Komas and bring him along.

Spirit journey..

"I know exactly what to do. Remember back in that dungeon when you were in a spirit journey? I'll do the same to help him here."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 04, 2013, 06:46:44 am »

"Remember back in that dungeon when you were in a spirit journey?"

"Er... no. That's one of things about spirit journeys - you tend to mostly remember about them in... well, in more of a spirit sense of the word 'remember'. Hey, I have an ancient traditional revival technique I could try though. Look."

Take the bear ass and wave it under Komas' nose in the manner of smelling salts. See if it revives him.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 06, 2013, 07:08:24 am »

"Augh!"
Komas sat up with a growl, batting the unpleasant scent of bear-ass out of his face.
"Th' bloody hell're ye doing?!" He scowled at Helskaya, an expression that only deepened when he finally took notice of the unfamiliar surroundings. He grabbed Heinkel in a tight grip with one hand, rubbing confusedly at his eye with the other as he clambered to his feet.

"...Wh."

He stared blankly at the scene for a long moment, then turned to the others with a rather excessive amount of suspicion.
"Who's goin' ter explain all this, then? Best be quick," he warned, "I like t' wake up th' same place I go ta sleep."

>Examine surroundings

>Demand explanation from companions

>Should no explanation be forthcoming in a satisfactory timeframe (i.e RIGHT BLOODY NOW), dole out a few whacks with Heinkel to cheer myself up obtain information.

((Sorry for not posting, I haven't had a computer. That one time I logged in was via phone, and thus I couldn't really post. :-S))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 06, 2013, 07:14:24 am »

Taren chuckled. It was weak, but Komas' expression was the best thing to stifle his ill feelings of disease and pain that nobody else would hopefully feel.

"We have no idea, lad. Somewhere where the seagulls fly, is at best I can say. Young Maka here thinks it is a temple. How we traveled here, I also have no idea."

He moved back and gave the man some space, seeing how close he was to him, and picked up the bear-bottom. "Helskaya, you're a genius. Who knew shoving ass in one's face would bring them back to reality?"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:28:59 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 06, 2013, 08:26:19 am »

"Oh, it was nothing. You know, traditional shamanic knowledge, really. When one is frequently disassociated from reality, one tends to compile an impressive mental catalogue of ways to return to it... Almost as impressive as the ways to leave it in the first place, and many of them don't even involve... yeah. Ass. Anyway. Here, can I have that back?"

Helskaya pockets the ass somewhere in his inventory.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:29 am »

((Oh man, we're lucky Errol takes time to do his quality, or else Yoink would be kick'd, and that's speaking on the lack of a waitlist!))

"What about cures to what afflicts me? Could you diagnose it as..I have no current idea as to what plagues my body."

Request Helskaya!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 06, 2013, 09:06:49 am »

”Euh. Well, sure, I can certainly try. If all else fails then I can journey into the spirit realm to seek help, guidance, and clarity of vision, although my supplies are getting pretty low. I could really do with finding a new… source soon. I get the sweats if I get too disconnected with the spirit world – the world of my ancestors, and all that. The first step is to sniff this bear ass, and tell me what you see.”

See if Taren will sniff the bear ass, and if so analyse the results using my considerable shamanic knowledge. If that fails to give a clear diagnosis, then focus all of my anxiety regarding the limited quantity of spirit-journey enabling materials I have into my magical shamanic finger and poke him firmly in the chest until he feels better.

((If this doesn’t work then I can probably diagnose you and therefore heal you with more chance of success when we get to somewhere where I can take the required spirit journey steps. I may require carrying afterwards though. I may even be able to fight off the illness in the spirit world whilst being carried. I don't suggest we do that here as it will slow our progress and your illness doesn't seem life-threatening.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »

Taren took one look at the...object, before placing himself in what Komas' supposed wake-up call would feel like.

Instinctively, he raised his hands. "I'd prefer smelling...that for later my friend. We're in an uncharted area, and whatever may happen to us would damage the integrity of our safety. Let us move on until we find a safer place to rest.

"And heal, that's always a good idea."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:39 am »

((As one lazy GM to another, update. :V

Also, something I've been wondering about, can't find if it ever came up or not:

Could you get a good deal at Lemongrass General Store by walking in, displaying your poverty, and then making an offer on pain of breaking the shopkeep's combo? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58