Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120465 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 31.1: Rogue Knight Slapstick
« Reply #645 on: May 10, 2013, 06:39:36 am »

We should probably check out the Large stone slab door to the front. I don't recall having a particular clue as to the location of on of the keys, so the dungeony looking option is probably best.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:15 pm »

"Taren, the fluid the chest shot at you 'has the magical signature of a plague carrier' according to the midget mage." Elenor says as he starts to walk to the brook to check the quality of the water. "I don't think you'll die too fast, so I'll call her soon and ask what we can do to keep you from dying. I'll just see what I can do about my wounds first." he completes with a shrug.

Go to the brook and check if the water is good (as in non-deadly).

If it is appropriately non-deadly, then patch up with the medical kit and use the water as needed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:08 pm »

Taren nodded as he stared at one thing or another in the distance, before tilting his head and looking at Remy. "So if the chest was trapped via that fluid, why are the contents not even coated in it? Now that I've got the black plague or something of its line, I'm pretty much sure that you all would have to leave me behind and continue on the quest that Miss Elizabeth has sent us all on.

"Any news regarding that plague?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 10, 2013, 05:04:57 pm »

"Shh... oh, I can think of half a dozen reasons off hand.  I'll tell you after."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 11, 2013, 02:01:34 pm »

Examine slab-door. Open if openable and "probably" not trapped.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Chapter Two
« Reply #650 on: August 24, 2013, 10:46:01 am »

Turn 32: End of an Era

Maka:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(?)

Morning is coming. Maka sighs. Second watch was a very boring thing. Her colleagues are in various states of awakening. Most of them apparently had a good night, but Remy looks like he's in quite great pain, which is understandable, since he's apparently tied up in a quite uncomfortable way by a set of bikini armor.

Her vision slips to the stone slab again. It looks like a door. Granted, the trees look like coffee-laced fried chicken, but Maka is mentally strong enough to distinguish between reality and delusions. And, besides, continuing the exploration isn't a bad idea, right? Less work for the others, more loot for Maka. So she knocks on the slab door.

No reaction.

She whacks the door with the scepter.

No reaction, aside from a swollen thumb.

She tries to sparta kick the door in.

Again, the only thing that changed state was her foot, namely, from "fine" to "hurting".

There's gotta be a better way in. Following a sudden impulse, she walks over to the pedestal and pushes the "X" button...

A faint glyph resembling a tower glows up on the door again. Maka walks up to it. Hel tries to shout a warning, but her fingers already touched the glowing rock...

And the rest was darkness.

Seven adventurers lie sleeping on top of a great tower, clothed, with most of their belongings nowhere to be found. Sun rays shine through the battlements, faint cries of seagulls can be heard...

They must Roll to Descend the Tower...

--

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

--

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:00:42 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:08 am »

Hmm... This was unusual. Helskaya felt naked. He liked feeling naked, but he didn't like this feeling. He suddenly sits bolt upright and panics, tapping his hands over his body and clothes until they come to rest on his bong.

He relaxes.

And then, he panics. He taps his hands over his body and clothes and pockets and finally finds his sliced magic - also known as something to put in his bong.

His hands automatically start the well worn actions of putting the one vital element into the other, and then reflects. Perhaps this is that one sort of incident where a clear head might actually be beneficial?

A bear-like roar of laughter fills the... the space.

Still, it seems he's only got four slices and one lesser potion left.

"Guys, I think this is my fault. Some bastard dopefiend's robbed us... Well, me..."

He realises, quickly, that there is another possibility, but then if he'd smoked the two whole lumps and half a dozen slices... Then this must be Tuesday? And he must have hibernated? Can you smoke so much solidified magic that six other people who aren't smoking also pass out for months?

He'll try this another time.

No, Helskaya can only conclude that some lowlife magicfiend's done this. It wouldn't be the first time. He sniffs his remaining slices of magic for a little reassurance and casts his mind back to his mentor's teachings...

Relax: the four slices should last and revenge will be had. Search knowledge of north legends for anything useful regarding towers. Share knowledge with companions. Peek out through one of the battlements.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 24, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »

Maka yawned, stretching and waking up.

The morning, which was to say the time of waking up, smelled like... adventure. And not just any adventure either- the adventure of the ambitious being banished to the void in the hopes of never seeing them again for their numerous and unspeakable crimes.

Ahhhh... invigorating.

Except... oh no... did she still have her minion?! It took her finding a jelly to tame that jelly!

Evaluate currently remaining belongings, including jelly minion. Examine view of surroundings from tower.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »

Elenor's eyes open quickly, alertness making him roll and spring up with his sword in hand when he notices the scenario around him has suffered radical changes. He doesn't take long to notice all the equipment he's missing, including his small magical trinket and his heirloom shield - specially his heirloom shield.

The knight spins his blade for a moment, testing its balance to see if it is still the same weapon. Check. Armor seems the same one. Check. Same group full of psychos, maniacs and bizarre people. Unfortunately, Check. The fact Remy is wearing bikini armor doesn't surprise him any, maybe because it would be hard to cause his opinion of the mage to get any worse.

"Does anyone know what happened? All I remember is that we had just woken up and then I was lying on this floor." his voice comes out from the helm. Several options run through his head, a few of them including some kind of twisted prank by the midget mage who hired them, but few seem actually feasible.

Then he remembers Maka and the door, and his gaze silently turns to the pink-loving creature for a moment before he decides to examine the area around them.

Check surroundings and the way out of our current spot.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 24, 2013, 07:50:06 pm »

"Ooh! Ooh! I know what happened! I know!" Maka said excitedly, waving her arm to draw attention to herself.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 24, 2013, 08:04:00 pm »

The knight stops and turns part of his body around to face the bizarre spellcaster. "Explain, then."
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:40 pm »

"I pushed a button, then I pushed a tower button, and now we're at the tower!" she beamed, apparently completely oblivious to the possibility that this was a bad thing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2013, 09:10:48 pm »

"Once again, I'm not surprised. Then again, if it wasn't you slapping at those buttons, someone else would do it anyway. Just stop pressing buttons randomly and we should probably stay fine for a while longer." is Elenor's gruff answer to Maka's short explanation.
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »

"Well this is... a thing.  That happened.  Interesting."
Remy takes a moment to take stock of his surroundings, the view from the top, and his own inventory before turning to his companions.
"So now what?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:40 am »

((Love Maka :D))

Taren coughed. That was what awakened him other than any sort of relaxing feeling or freedom from fatigue. It hurt.

"Ergh-agh. Not good. We press on and-"

He straightened up, and stood. Feeling all of his years weighing down like lead on him. It hurt.

"Hold on, where are we?"

Examine area.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58