Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120408 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.34 - STAIRS, AGAIN - 1 Slot Open!
« Reply #705 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:42 am »

((OOC/Room for a newcomer? Basic RP quality required?

Though I don't know how to balance my perks, so I'll just list what I want and see if Errol can come up with something better.

Spoiler: Challenge Accepted! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:23:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:00 am »

[OH HELL YES]

*ahem*

((Good sir, that is one exquisite sheet you have there.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2013, 02:40:53 am »

((Too bad I can't think of an actual concept of anything better than a Hammer Bro, but looks like the party is made up of casters already and lacks real fighters, I think. Any tips on how I can improve my potential use to the party, Tiru?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 12, 2013, 02:50:05 am »

((By playing any character that isn't some variant of the class "Idiot"?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:57 am »

((That was awfully passive aggressive :P Elaboration?))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 12, 2013, 03:22:18 am »

Taren nudged Apollo before he ran off back a post ago.

"We can either sneak past through that hole or be caught by a wakened dragon. Maka has the gist of this situation-better to announce yourself when trespassing.

"And basically, I'm not even sure where we are in this place. Surely not in the dungeon anymore."

"I was hoping that we'd do something more like sneak past the dragon. What if it doesn't like trespassers? I don't wish to offend, but I haven't heard many stories about friendly dragons. And shouldn't we think over this as a team, anyways? Before we wake up the dragon?"
Apollo says, preparing to chase after Maka.

((That was awfully passive aggressive :P Elaboration?))
((Elaboration: Read the last turn.  A guy and a bear in a close embrace tumbling down some stairs, after the guy performs guano science. Additionally, super stoner superpowers.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:25:25 am by Spinal_Taper »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 12, 2013, 03:23:50 am »

((Apologies, it wasn't meant to be ;) To elaborate, many of the current party of adventurers have some form of mental deficiency or other. If you played a sensible and intelligent character - that is to say, not an idiot - you might not entirely fit it, but you would probably benefit the group as a whole, although occasionally you may end up childminding.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 12, 2013, 03:34:12 am »

((Hmm, my personal quirks should make me daring, but not stupid. I hope. Charging a Dragon? Dumb! Luring the Dragon into a well planned ambush? Smart!

I mean, he'd still want to fight it, but not in a way that gets you all killed. And I try not to be a jerkateer in my games.

In this case, I personally think some members are trying to bluff their way past the Dragon Encounter, thinking Errol won't unleash it on them full fury. :P Bad assumptions...))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:55 am »

((In this case, I personally think some members are trying to bluff their way past the Dragon Encounter))

((I am most definitely trying to flee my way past it. Alternatively I shall use the "fellow speaking animal" diplomacy route.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2013, 04:54:03 am »

((To elaborate, many of the current party of adventurers have some form of mental deficiency or other.))
((Isn't Elenor the only strictly straight man? Taren's pretty sane, I think, but I swore he's done something weird at some point.

And even then, that's only 1/3rd of the party not being... different.))

((Hmm, my personal quirks should make me daring, but not stupid. I hope. Charging a Dragon? Dumb! Luring the Dragon into a well planned ambush? Smart!

I mean, he'd still want to fight it, but not in a way that gets you all killed. And I try not to be a jerkateer in my games.
((Pfft, we'll see who the dumb one is when I'm hugging my new draconic bff. Boy I hope that new character isn't a subtle way to recruit my replacement without cluing me in on it enough to change my action.

And I'm sure the rest of the party can still make a dive for cover should it undertake the obvious action of eating the sugary pink thing.))

In this case, I personally think some members are trying to bluff their way past the Dragon Encounter, thinking Errol won't unleash it on them full fury. :P Bad assumptions...))
((That's sort of part of it, but it's more in-character and in-universe than just "lol Errul wudnt dare." Maka really is unhinged and accustomed to dealing with things more powerful than her, and something half the size of the tower is likely to be fairly mature and unlikely to be beatable by our current strength of arms anyway. Plus it's sleeping "peacefully!"

...it also helps that I (think I) know the GM fairly well. Now taking wagers that the robed humanoid is a cute half-dragon at least one of us should hit on. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2013, 05:29:55 am »

"I was hoping that we'd do something more like sneak past the dragon. What if it doesn't like trespassers? I don't wish to offend, but I haven't heard many stories about friendly dragons. And shouldn't we think over this as a team, anyways? Before we wake up the dragon?"
Apollo says, preparing to chase after Maka.
Taren pointed at the humanoid riiiiight over there, by the dragon.

"He doesn't look like he's from here, does he?

"Also, could you conjure a shred of parchment and a shard of graphite? I'd like this to start as 'Once upon a time, a party of adventurers met a dragon. It was friendly.'

"You get my point?"

...it also helps that I (think I) know the GM fairly well. Now taking wagers that the robed humanoid is a cute half-dragon at least one of us should hit on. :3))
Oh dear.  :-[

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2013, 06:05:17 am »

Part of the zaniness of this game is my writing style. I have to admit it. This is not a super serious RtD.That being said: Welcome aboard, Dwarmin! I only have some minor remarks to make about your sheet.

1. You have two skills at Skilled and one at Competent. This adds up to 33+33+21=87 XP spent. So you still can spend an additional 23 XP on, for example, raising another skill to Competent or raising an existing skill one level as well as gaining a new skill at Novice.

2. You have six perks in total. (I am counting the negative ones.) The limit was five. If you say the character doesn't work without the extra ones, fine, I don't mind. This is just a remark.

With that being said, I tried to condense your perks into four, which hopefully reflect what you were going for. You can see the draft of your character sheet at the Google doc link, on the second table, if you scroll all the way to the bottom.

And, well, the skills. I'd guess Marksmanship (Bow) would be a good idea. You're going to miss more often than not without investing points in that.

Turn will be started to be worked on as soon as Dwarmin gives his OK.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 12, 2013, 06:23:17 am »

((All fix'd up!

Edit: And my google doc sheet looks pretty good, as is.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:26:13 am by Dwarmin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:09 am »

((Welcome, Oh Dwarmin))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.34 - STAIRS, AGAIN
« Reply #719 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:34 am »

(Woo, it's Dwarmin!  I foresee wacky hijinx.)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 58