Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81772 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Finally, what I really wanna know is why you jumped straight to OH NO YOU DON'T IF I ANSWER THIS I'LL BE WALKING INTO YOUR TRAP in response. Are you that threatened by Dr.Phibes' dastardly ploy?
Nah, I just refuse to answer rolefishing questions out of principle, especially if they come from certain shitfucking dicks. I wrote out the details so that sane people may get a lesson or two from it, those being Thou shalt not rolefish and Thou shalt not ask utterly pointleth questionth.

snip
I've mentioned it before and am going to mention it again - stating your opinion on every player isn't ever going to work, unless you're going for some risky gambit involving lying about opinions. Those you consider town will mentally cross you out of their field of vision while those you call someone scummy you'll be pressured to question or vote them. That my sound like a good thing, but if applied to more than one-two people at the time it'll be detrimental to the scumhunting because other people you're questioning will feel less pressured. It's even worse if your read on someone isn't correct. In short, don't do it.

Meanwhile Painiac because he's a different flavor of the same sack of shit.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

McFry, it seems we've reached an impasse. You're reading too much into my statements, why is that? All these implications, going defensive and putting words into my mouth? Have I struck a nerve?
I'm reading too much? I'm trying to find some sense in your words. And I'm attacking your arguments against me because they simply do not. And I'm telling you why I think that they do not so you can tell me how they do. And if you've struck a nerve, then it's the "Do I have to explain it all over again?" nerve.

To shorten: You did not specifically say that his answer was lacking or unacceptable. You pressed on as if he didn't answer it and continued in the same manner in the proceeding posts.
From this statement I am reading that your point is that I'm being unfair to Dariush because I'm basing my arguments on "Dariush hasn't answered" instead of "Dariush hasn't answered well".
I have never, ever given an important argument against Dariush that wouldn't apply equally well, if not better, if you replaced the "Dariush hasn't answered" with an implied "Dariush hasn't answered well".

Also, you say:
The first part of the first question was answered satisfactorily. The second part of the first question is not "How good are they?", because that obviously doesn't help anyone. No, the second part of the question is "What is their playstyle?". Dariush gave an indication to my playstyle, but left out everyone else. And an answer to the second question was left out entirely, which, given your nitpicky attitude, should qualify for you as an unanswered question.
So, unanswered must mean?
You forgot to finish your sentence there. Please complete it.

I don't know anything about Dariush at all. Irrelevant of the fact that he is an IC, you attacked him regardless of anything important, other than mis-wording intention. Most of what you say contradicts itself or is stated wrongly.
I attacked him because of something I found important. I can choose my own leads, thank you. Evidence is for you, leads are for me.

Also, I'm not voting for Dariush because he doesn't seem scummy at all, other than being a sack of RAEG. What reason should your arguments be invalid if you are scum? I never said that. You implied it from a fragment of a sentence there.
Let's see:
"It is not an acceptable answer." and why it isn't could have been the best way to clear up this mess. If you had given that, I would've believed you against Dariush
Case 1: This is supposed to be read literally. Then my actions are responsible for Dariush's behaviour, and it's my fault that Dariush is being completely unhelpful, and it's my fault that Dariush is posting filler material, and it's my fault that Dariush has double standards, and it's my fault that Dariush is not scumhunting. See the problem here?
Case 2: This is not supposed to be read literally. Then it has no place in an attack that is largely based on incorrect wording.

I'm not responsible for Dariush's actions, but trying to see if you're actually going by reason: pushing and finding out your target, not relying on one single post to stand on for your only weapon against scum, your vote.
So I'm not pushing hard enough? Look at it this way. I'm pushing Dariush as hard as I can. He won't answer. So I have to go with what he's posted by now. You can't accuse me for Dariush not giving more material.

I've stated why I don't believe your accusations earlier, as you had the time to conjure all that text, I'm sure you may have at least skimmed through it.
Then you should have no problem (with the possible exception of slight annoyance) restating it compactly, precisely and argument-based (with emphasis on "compactly, precisely and argument-based"), so everyone knows what you're talking about.

I'd ask you for a better reason, but you aren't answering my questions anymore.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

McFry: So you aren't trying to hunt him out? Relying on him not abjectly answering your question as your only scumtell? There are many other ways, and for me, you voted him our of IC-does-not-teach-well or out of emotion. If you are pressuring him, then what else are you doing but the line of "Hey Dariush, you haven't answered my question."

I mean, where is the effort there? If he hasn't answered your question, then press!

Whats with the confusion on what I meant there? You're posting for the sake of your image. Breaking every minute detail of my own statements against you including the hypothetical ones and giving answers to them all.

So why is this stopping you? You return fire at me with enthusiasm, say that you are scumhunting your best at Dariush and then end it with this downtrodden reply?

Dariush:
You missed a lot of questions, directed at your possible future actions in a given position.

I would like to know how in the world you accuse Dr.Phibes of rolefishing.
Finally, what I really wanna know is why you jumped straight to OH NO YOU DON'T IF I ANSWER THIS I'LL BE WALKING INTO YOUR TRAP in response. Are you that threatened by Dr.Phibes' dastardly ploy?
Nah, I just refuse to answer rolefishing questions out of principle, especially if they come from certain shitfucking dicks. I wrote out the details so that sane people may get a lesson or two from it, those being Thou shalt not rolefish and Thou shalt not ask utterly pointleth questionth.

You cut out the question part of IronyOwl which I would also like to know.

Dariush:
Dr.Scummes:
Dariush, if we say you were a scum, who would be your first target and why?
Instead of me answering your question, let's examine two possibilities: 1) I answer, the guy I named dies. Next day you accuse me. 2) I answer, someone else dies. You say that I did that intentionally so you won't accuse me and accuse me because of it. This is utter bullshit WIFOM.

Dr.Phibes, what were you hoping to gain from my answer to the above question? And don't you dare answer something along the lines of 'your reaction'. Just don't you dare.
This was a perfectly valid attempt to get inside your head (or at least a rote imitation of such), and you blew it off in an overdefensive huff. I wanna know who you'd kill tonight as scum, because I wanna know who you're currently viewing as a threat and what your current take on a scum strategy would be. While you're at it, I'd like to know who you'd defend as a doc and inspect as a cop.
Where is the rolefishing here in Dr.Phibes question?

Also, why utter your own WIFOM of what scum may do? On that note, why answer that question in advance of what may happen other than saying what you would do straight to the point, as if you're interpreting scum to follow you?

This is a BM, why is it utterly useless to ask that question and what have you to lose by answering it?

Also, on something I've missed earlier.
who, now, do you think is the most scummy of the bunch?
Dr. Phibes for giving a grand total of less than one fuck during the whole game. What did you hope to gain from the answer?
I hoped to gain your viewpoint and how you interpreted the most scummy person. Simple.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Can we get a replacement for drakon?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod: Timecount and Votecount?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

McFry: So you aren't trying to hunt him out? Relying on him not abjectly answering your question as your only scumtell? There are many other ways, and for me, you voted him our of IC-does-not-teach-well or out of emotion. If you are pressuring him, then what else are you doing but the line of "Hey Dariush, you haven't answered my question."

I mean, where is the effort there? If he hasn't answered your question, then press!
So why is this stopping you? You return fire at me with enthusiasm, say that you are scumhunting your best at Dariush and then end it with this downtrodden reply?

To be honest, I don't currently see any way of pressing him to an effect. I've already cast my vote on him, I'm asking him questions, I'm accusing him of stuff. He doesn't respond, he doesn't take a stance, he doesn't even try to clarify anything. It look like he's just waiting for me to give up. There are no new reasons that could cause other people to vote him without looking scummy themselves.

Wait. There is one other option I haven't thought of before. How about we all ask Dariush a question? Perhaps that can put enough pressure on him to answer at least one important question. In fact, we can all ask Dariush the same question. Then Dariush cannot possibly refuse an acceptable answer if he doesn't want to simultaneously kick everyone's balls at once.
For this, I'd need at least some people's cooperation, but I don't see why you shouldn't want to cooperate.

I think I have a very good question that Dariush should be able to answer, and I'll formulate it so that nobody can possibly misinterpret it:

Dariush, what aspects of Painiac's actions have led you to vote for him, and why do you think that they are enough to justify lynching Painiac?

Whats with the confusion on what I meant there? You're posting for the sake of your image. Breaking every minute detail of my own statements against you including the hypothetical ones and giving answers to them all.
Because I generally (including out of Mafia) don't like it when people have a different angle of view on a specific topic than me, so I start a conversation with the other person until both parties know about the other's view (including the reasons behind it) and our viewpoints are aligned. This generally involves heated yet rational discussion, copious amounts of explanation, and bouts of logic on both people's part. Some people think they don't have to argue with me (for example teachers), so I provoke them until they do. Note that I'm not arguing with them just to be correct, but to find out new aspects and viewpoints and to trade knowledge.

So when you started mistrusting my arguments against Dariush, I wanted to know why. And if I give logical arguments to back up my point of view, then other people normally either accept my arguments (which is rare) or give arguments supporting their own point of view, and the conversation continues until both agree on a third point of view somewhere in the middle.
Now I'm not sure yet if we're agreeing already, but we're definitely getting somewhere.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Also, the OP rules say that one Extend is enough.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Because I want to know why Dariush wants to lynch Painiac, and because Scelly's vote is still an RVS vote.

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

Because I want to know why Dariush wants to lynch Painiac, and because Scelly's vote is still an RVS vote.

Yeah me to, felt like Dariush just voted the person with the most votes, too save him self.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

To prevent something bad happening while I am asleep. (And because I don't really suspect him all that much anymore) Unvote.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day extended to Wednesday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount!

Dariush [2]: Dr.Phibes, MagmaMcFry
Painiac [2]: Strategia, Dariush
MagmaMcFry [1]: Tiruin
Strategia [2]: IronyOwl, Painiac

Not Voting: drakon136, Scelly9

drakon136 has been prodded. Day ends Monday!

New topic posted in the Labrador Canine Squad forums: Slight bug with the fire hydrant rights.

Even at Elite Labrador status, my dogs can't urinate on fire hydrants in front of the park, it causes panic since everyone's set as an innocent puppy. Shouldn't it be marked as a non-aggressive act at Elite Labrador?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:48:58 am by Think0028 »

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah me to, felt like Dariush just voted the person with the most votes, too save him self.
What led you to this conclusion? Could you back it up with reasons of your own Dr.Phibes?

drakon136: You've been absent for most of the extended week, for most of the Mafia Day. Painiac has also been absent.

Why did we go along with that extension again?

Mod: Painiac has his vote on Strategia  :P. It's in his last messed up quote-post.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bloody... I should really make something that lets me hard-set someone as having made a vote, as this is getting silly.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Well, you can just ask Painiac to vote Strategia again. And your votecount post says Monday. And awesome flavor.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26