Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81791 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...I don't really suspect him all that much anymore) Unvote.

Scelly9: Why, exactly do you not suspect him all that much anymore?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile

How about another Extend until the tie is broken again.

So D1 has already lasted more than a week, mostly filled with frantic activity and (attempts at) scumhunting..... That has got to be some kind of record, somewhere.

Scelly, I have three questions for you.
1.) Where the hell are you? Why aren't you, well, doing anything in here? If it's because of RL issues that prevent you from participating, could you at least say so and ask for a replacement?
2.) Why did you restore the tie? At this stage, any lynch is better than no lynch, which is what's going to happen unless;
3.) Why the HELL aren't you voting?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Scelly9: Why, exactly do you not suspect him all that much anymore?
Because he was my RVS vote. I hadn't really had time to go through the thread and didn't want him lynched because of my random vote. I have re-read the thread and he does in fact seem rather scummy.
Scelly, I have three questions for you.
1.) Where the hell are you? Why aren't you, well, doing anything in here? If it's because of RL issues that prevent you from participating, could you at least say so and ask for a replacement?
2.) Why did you restore the tie? At this stage, any lynch is better than no lynch, which is what's going to happen unless;
3.) Why the HELL aren't you voting?
1.) Attack of the RL. I've been really busy lately.
2.) Because I did not feel that he should be lynched at the time. It was a random vote and I hadn't had a chance to read the thread.
3.) See 1.

Scelly, since your disappearance you have made whopping three game-related posts, two of them being one-liners and one being a lazyass massread. Whom do you suspect and why?
I currently suspect Painiac. His arguments are weak at best and it appears he has disappeared now that his arguments have been shot down.

Painiac, where are you?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategia: This is actually pretty normal for BM games for D1 to last a while, as people who drop out immediately are replaced, beginners get used to questioning, and people feel things out.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategia: This is actually pretty normal for BM games for D1 to last a while, as people who drop out immediately are replaced, beginners get used to questioning, and people feel things out.

Well, true, but D1s that get to page 12, filled with back-and-forth walls of text and at least partially thought-out scum accusations left and right, that's gotta be something unusual.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day extended due to replacement and no opposition to extend request. Day ends Friday.

Strategia: Let me dig around. This is not the worst by far.

Beginner's Mafia XXIX: 16 pages, 9 days for D1.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:38:38 am by Think0028 »
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategia: Let me dig around. This is not the worst by far.

Beginner's Mafia XXIX: 16 pages, 9 days for D1.

I stand corrected. Although Friday will mean we'll at least match the 9 days.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

You silly people and your 15 posts per page settings.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

So, I appear to have vanished completely instead of helping you all play mafia. My apologies for that.

Unvote. I'm having a great deal of difficulty focusing on this game, unfortunately.

Strategia, could you please summarize your case on Painiac?

Painiac, could you please summarize your case on Strategia?

Dariush, what's going on? Where am I? What do you think of the people voting you?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strategia, could you please summarize your case on Painiac?

Summary of my arguments against Painiac.

- He has been attacking only one target, and an IC at that, with any kind of force for the entire day, right from the get go (until now).
- His attacks on Dariush are based on bullshit.
- His tunnel-vision is hurting town scumhunting efforts.
- If he isn't scum, he's very scummy town, and needs to go as well.

Ergo; my vote stays firmly on Painiac.

To clarify my first point; Painiac's opening statement was deeply flawed, Dariush called him out on it, and Painiac pursued Dariush basically for IC'ing from then on. Also, he has only been laying into Dariush, until I started calling him out on it, at which point he voted Tiruin for some reason and then voted me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh. I think it's already past the deadline.

Dariush hasn't replied with those needed answers.

Paniac has gone inactive for five whole days.

. . .

This is normal for a BM?  :'(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Day extended due to replacement and no opposition to extend request. Day ends Friday.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, it's like everything decided to happen at once in RL. I'm can't guarantee activity for a while, so I have to request replacement.
It's so stupid that I have to drop out right after getting in. :'(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:53:45 pm by BullDog »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm blind...

Well, at least the two posters on the New Player's thread will have a chance, as I think Painiac might be replaced? Either way, he has a lot of explaining to do.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dariush, what's going on? Where am I? What do you think of the people voting you?
Dunno, in hell, respectively 66% chance of being scum,  66% chance of being scum, probably town.

I would like to know how in the world you accuse Dr.Phibes of rolefishing.
By typing on my keyboard 'D,r,.,S,c,u,m,m,e,s, ,y,o,u, ,a,r,e, ,a, ,r,o,l,e,f,i,s,h,i,n,g, ,p,i,e,c,e, ,o,f, ,s,h,i,t'. With my fingers.
Oh, you mean my reasons. I already explained them. Asking whom somebody would NK is that bad practice, even if the term 'rolefishing' doesn't exactly apply. I guess this would be 'asking a question with intention to tunnel the answerer depending on the answer'. 'Rolefishing' is shorter, so why not use it.
You cut out the question part of IronyOwl which I would also like to know.
Oh, I thought that question was rhetorical. As someone said, 'Only stupid people fear nothing' or something along those lines, so yeah, I am moooortally terrified of him.
This was a perfectly valid attempt to get inside your head (or at least a rote imitation of such), and you blew it off in an overdefensive huff. I wanna know who you'd kill tonight as scum, because I wanna know who you're currently viewing as a threat and what your current take on a scum strategy would be. While you're at it, I'd like to know who you'd defend as a doc and inspect as a cop.
Well, if I was in a good mood, I'd probably kill either Scummiac or Dr.Scummes (whoever of them isn't scum) to let town scumhunt without those bleating assholes in their way, but since I am not in a good mood, I'd kill either you, Urist or Irony because people with even a smallest bit of experience are more of a threat than newbies or the Three Cretins™. Do you want my current take on scum strategy as it is right now of how would I strategize as scum?
Also, why utter your own WIFOM of what scum may do? On that note, why answer that question in advance of what may happen other than saying what you would do straight to the point, as if you're interpreting scum to follow you?

This is a BM, why is it utterly useless to ask that question and what have you to lose by answering it?
My remark was not WIFOM since I outlined what would scum do with my answer. Yes, this is a BM, and my plain answer wouldn't have helped anyone. Outlining why this is a bad idea would.
Dariush, what aspects of Painiac's actions have led you to vote for him, and why do you think that they are enough to justify lynching Painiac?
He managed to single me out as 'stinking of scum' after a whopping one post made by me which mostly consisted of pointing out mistakes, overreacted horrifically and then things got worse.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26