Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80617 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2012, 05:53:44 pm »

Whoo, nightly progress update! How novel!

• Gemcrafting Additions - Pass 1 cont.
       Added Reaction Classes to Gemstones
       Added Blueprints for Crystal Forge
       Added Crystal Material and Crystal Shard objects.
       Added Crystalize Gem Reactions
       Added Gem Forge Building
  • Magic Loom Additions - Pass 1
       Added Magic Loom Building

Plan for tomorrow is to flesh out the Magic Loom recipes and usage. Combined with the crystal forge we should be able to make some snazzy magical protective cloaks or something.
Incidentally, I need to look into material strengths and such, It's a facet of DF modding I've barely even looked at.

Once the Loom and Gem Forge have been populated with recipes, next up will be the additions of a bunch of new creatures. Hopefully I can have a fully working mod done before toady inevitably breaks it with the new version of DF :P

Last, but not least, I took a little break waiting for dinner to arrive yesterday, this is the result.
LINK

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:29:45 am by Sorcerer »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2012, 01:55:29 am »

The link doesn't work, Sorcerer. And the crystal objects sound amazing.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2012, 06:30:13 am »

Ugh, Not a fan of google drive at all.. back to dropbox it is...

Images should work now!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:36 am »

Wait okay if there's gonna be crystal furniture I'm totally gonna try this mod and glitz out my fort. Shit's gonna sparkle.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2012, 10:33:59 am »

MOAR UPDATES!

Just some minor things left for the first pass of gemworking and the magic loom, then I'll be making some changes to farming and food making, possibly changing the apple trees into an orchard or something. We'll see how that goes.

Rebalance update - Pass 1
   Changed values for ranged weaponry
   Reintroduced Ranged weapons for Ponies

Language update - Pass 1
   Added Language Unlocked v.1.3 (extended translated) language raws

Cutie mark class system - Pass 2
   Changed some pony class colors
   Rewrote some cutie mark class descriptions
   Tweaked some cutie mark class skills

Magic Loom Additions - Pass 1 cont.
   Added Golden Fleece and Ironwool.
   Added Fleece (leather equivalent) armor, barding and hood

Magic Loom Additions - Pass 1 cont.
   Added Fleece cloak, quivers and backpacks.
   Added Golden Silk
   Added Cloud Cloth
Gemcrafting Additions - Pass 1 cont.
   Added Crystal furniture
   Added Crystalworking Research
   Added Crystalworking Workshop
   Added Crystal Forging Research
   Added Crystal Weapons and Armor

I still need to look at the material properties a bit.. currently all fleece is a copy of leather, and crystal is a copy of steel. I mean to change that but it'll do for now.
Here's a look at the custom buildings in game atm.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »

I finally managed to rope one of my friends into doing some beta testing, so this time I'd like to think I'll have at least found SOME of the bugs before release.
Currently working on completing the crystal forge and magic loom, and improving the research a bit. My friend Cloudy Skies is giving me valuable input to the various mechanics and I might be changing some as i go.

I just made a major pass to armor and combat, as ponies would happily fight on after losing three limbs without much trouble, I have increased bleeding and pain so combat is a bit more deadly now.
After much work and backs and forths I have finally come up with a solution to the pant issue.. As ponies would not armor their hindquarters at all without the lowerbody tag i had to try a couple of different ways to solve it. The end result was just combining the upper and lower body into the torso and adding left and right flank to their hindlegs, so hindlegs are 4 sections while front legs are 3.
It's not perfect but it'll have to do for now.

Next up on the agenda is finalizing the current systems and adding some general improvements all over the place. Then I'll see about adding some wee beasties from the show, and see about adding some interactions and stuff..

One idea I had was spreading element affinitive ponies throughout the many castes we have, and making Element of X positions in the noble menu. the other elements would be appointed by the Element of Magic to not have the thing TOO cluttered until you assign your first element.. If the positions are tied to a caste specific CLASS, only eligible ponies will show up on the appointment list.
The ponies tied to the elements will be stronger together, basically by giving a small buff based on their element to all other elements nearby.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2012, 04:51:07 pm »

On the subject of the elements of Harmony, have you considered a draconequus(ish) megabeast that can interact with the element bearers or others? Is it even possible to change skills via curses and the like? it would be quite interesting to see element bearers skills and thoughts get changed and give unhappy thoughts to themselves and the ones around them like that.
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »

could definitely be an interesting thing to play with, I need to have a look and see exactly how robust the system is.. I know I should be able to do what I've outlined so far at least. I'll keep you posted as I progress, and any and all ideas or comments will be processed. :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 01, 2012, 08:20:22 am »

I just made a major pass to armor and combat, as ponies would happily fight on after losing three limbs without much trouble, I have increased bleeding and pain so combat is a bit more deadly now.

No more sergeant Berry Berrylove, the legless spearmaster, slayer of all things evil?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 01, 2012, 08:29:44 am »

Not neccisarily! So long as he doesn't bleed to death from the leg loss, he could still be godly.
You just need a danger room.
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 01, 2012, 08:59:28 am »

They'll bleed to death a bit quicker now, especially if they lose multiple limbs in one go. But a Breastplate, Helm and Serrated Disc equipped Danger room will have your slugponies ready for battle in just a few swings!

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 01, 2012, 10:32:46 am »

I was on "know your meme", looking at punching trees for wood with minecraft when I saw a pony with a caption "don't punch me you don't need wood".  I discovered the "Fluttershy is a tree meme", so I looked in your mod to see if you had any fluttershy trees, and there wasn't any.  I was wondering if that was on purpose or not.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 01, 2012, 10:47:05 am »

Well, the mod is kinda trying to tie in to the canon of the show, not the memes and fanon surrounding it, despite the name being fanon is magic :P

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 01, 2012, 11:36:01 am »

Shoulda called it "My Little Fortress, Canon(ish) is Magic" then, eh?
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »

Yeah I thought this was about the memes and all that for a while. Its confusing name IMO.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25