Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80612 times)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:09 pm »

I can set food on fire trying to gather it.  I might be doing it wrong.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:59 am »

I haven't really done anything special for adventure mode, and the latest version actually kind of breaks it a little more with the introduction of half a gazillion pony castes. Unfortunately, Adventure mode is not a priority for me and will not be getting any of my already extremely limited attention, sorry!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2012, 08:05:58 am »

Had some time during a bit of a low period today to look at a couple of changes.

Changed the body file a bit, split legs into three parts upper leg, lower leg and hoof, and changed the names from front legs and rear legs to forelegs and hindlegs. Removed the [LOWERBODY] tag from the lower body, so they don't need pants anymore, going to offset this by making sure the torso armor covers both upper and lower bodies and armored horseshoes (unlike the normal ones) cover the entire lower legs.
I'll probably also make sure coats and dresses cover the legs at least a bit, but in terms of full armor, ponies are sliiightly limited.

This removal also means ponies could not be bisected, so I moved the body root over to the lower body. This means any sufficiently powerful strike to the upper body can bisect again... yaaay?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2012, 08:35:05 am »

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:59 am »

perfect! now just paint it pink and give it a poofy mane!

edit:
Grrr, it does appear as if a lowerbody is required to be able to armor the hindlegs at all.. unless you're using all covering stuff like cloaks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:22:33 am by Sorcerer »

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2012, 03:46:29 pm »

Quote from: 09/20/2012
The main features here'll be multi-tile trees (including roots and properly-sized mushrooms), fruit, flowers, climbing and jumping.
Fruit bearing trees are coming.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2012, 04:48:58 pm »

ooooh, and perhaps treehouse libraries!

Now... hmmm, I am honestly not too sure what to do with this... pants requirement, or full armor... From tests it seems that it is actually quite difficult to hit the rear legs and lower body from the front, and the mail and plate covers that part pretty well, but contrary, they are quite easily hit from the side.. A bit of a loss over what to do in this case, the upper torso armor and no pants is closer to canon, but could prove to be quite lethal for the poor ponies..

Suggestions? Ideas?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »

They will be fine, as long as they have a head and one grasping limb they will still do alright.

I have seen it happen.
Some of my best soldiers were crippled. And mud ponies.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:05 am »

Not sure if it'll solve the current questions, this is pretty much information for the sake of information but this guy managed to make a bipedal civilization not get unhappy thoughts due to a lack of pants. It's probably due to simple tags, but I don't know enough of that stuff to be able to trawl through and confirm.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110704.0

It's the Shy Guy civilization.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2012, 12:46:25 pm »

And now I'm sure we all agree that the ponies need to be able to wear pants on their heads, or that only ponies with the Lyre cutie mark wants pants...
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2012, 08:37:24 pm »

A lot of ponies of the show don't even wear clothing, removing the need to wear clothing sounds good but maybe having it does make them  abit more happy. Just throwing a thought out there.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:33 am »

Just make any body-covering stuff cover the lower body. Pony-shirt? Great, make it cover the lower body. Plus aren't there pony-pants anyway?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:14 am »

that's the problem, they don't care about cover-alls, they want pants SPECIFICALLY.. if an item is not equipped on their lower body, they get sad thoughts.

I have currently bypassed this problem with another bit of pony body restructure.. It seems i will have to give the same treatment to the other races as ponies are currently kind of unique in the fact that they have joints to break!.

Yes, i added joints, moved all the important organy bits to the upper body, and made an 80/20 split and called the bits Torso and Flank instead of upper and lower body and then removed the lower body tag. This means armor will again cover most of the body. The flank and rear thighs are currently uncovered by armor however. It's pretty much the best i can do within the confines of the DF code.

As this mod is trying to stay at least canon close, the pants issue is actually quite a big one.. Ponies don't generally wear clothes, and if they DO wear anything it mostly only covers the upper body.
It may sound strange to go to such lengths just to remove pants, but yet, so I did. And i got a nice body restructure out of it, whoo :D

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »

This is strange, I finally have a vacation after something like 8 months of weekly overtime and long commutes. I have a pile of games I haven't had time to play yet, including Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 (lots of sequels there... hmm) And yet, I spent most of today idly poking around in the ponymod..
Here's to finally delivering on my long overdue promises XD

Anyhoo, here's today's changelist!

• Pony Body Rework - Pass 1
       Removed [LOWERBODY] tag
       Reduced hindquarters size
       Added Joints
  • Research Additions - Pass 1
       Reworked Research Points into Research Tomes
       Added Blueprints for Magic Loom
       Added Schematics for Various Magic Loom special Cloths
  • Gemcrafting Additions - Pass 1
       Removed Gem Cutting and Setting aptitudes from non-unicorns.

Next up on the list is planning out the reworked Gemcrafting, which will add some new items and buildings like crystal weapons, decorative gems, magical gems used in crafting of magical objects.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2012, 07:20:19 am »

You are a wizardy mage, Sorcerer. Well done.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25