Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80619 times)

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2012, 04:42:51 am »

Cheers sorcerer, for all the time and effort, and to all those who helped, glad to see it was only the notifications being bugged out and not... Well... You.

I could do with some ideas for medium armor that does not involve killing potentially intelligent creatures.

Dwarf hides... No chance of finding intelligent creatures in that bunch.

Or maybe... Weren't you working on some enchantment stuff or something? Maybe have enchanted wool, or cloud mixing... ☼Enchanted Cloudwool tunic☼... huh...
Well at any rate, I'm just tossing out some ideas... Silly ones, but still.

Once again, glad to see ya back :D
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2012, 08:37:56 pm »

Why not just add graspers to all pony hooves? It doesn't make much sense for pegasi to hold things in their wings and still have their speed bonus (from flying). Although multiple graspers for the unicorn horns makes a lot more sense.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2012, 05:52:11 am »

It doesn't make less sense than pegasi can hold things when they're moving than it makes sense for earth ponies to be able to run while hauling a boulder with their forehooves. Just knack it down as an engine limitation. Kinda wish we had an option for grip strength or grasp dexterity, that could have been pretty neat... ohwell...

The primary thought behind the different graspers is mostly to make the pony tribes a bit more diverse.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2012, 07:27:22 am »

It doesn't make less sense than earth ponies to be able to run while hauling a boulder with their forehooves.
This picture is all I could think of after reading that  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2012, 08:41:51 am »

This just in! Seems the customer is panicking on their end and looking to extend the project another week, so my aforementioned vacation will have to be postponed a bit. However this also reduces the need for overtime a bit, so I might be able to sneak in some working on the poni after work or this weekend. No promises tho, just a sitrep!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2012, 07:38:51 pm »

Still doesn't make much sense to me since everypony has hooves, but it's not like I'm going to be staring at the raws the whole time so I can just as easily ignore that. Unless you can punch with graspers, and even then it will be hilarious to see a bear get sucker punched with a wing.

Two other things, thank you for the update, and update the mod whenever you feel like. Unless you're more motivated when someone's urging you. Inwhichcase I'll see to making a whip out of flax.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:42:04 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:13 pm »

I can't really see much sense in a pegasus being able to fly while holding anything with a wing though being able to hold objects like an earth pony in flight yeah. Maybe they could hold things with their wings but it limits or even takes away their ability to fly? I dunno, just throwing something out there.
Am I the only who know kinda finds the idea of a pony holding a shield in their mouth rather funny? Kind obscures their view, might do a drawfriend of what that's like along with how imagine they should hold their shield, like with their lower foreleg. Mouths make the most sense for me when it comes to holding weapons though Octavia was able to hold a bow in her hoof somehow though so whatever, the grasping power of ponies is an enigma.

Another thing I've been looking forward to is adding magic to unicorns other than the ability to grab things, like firing magic missiles. But of course their super special talent would limit it to some extent I think. I remember Snails being able to cast a simple light spell so that's another enigma.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:24 am »

Another thing I've been looking forward to is adding magic to unicorns other than the ability to grab things, like firing magic missiles. But of course their super special talent would limit it to some extent I think. I remember Snails being able to cast a simple light spell so that's another enigma.
Eh, we'll take it one step at a time. I've stopped playing altogether cause I've been waiting on the cloth quivers.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2012, 09:29:39 pm »

If this mod won't update until a few days due to Sorcerer's clients that might almost be a good thing, from the looks of things the pretty big update for normal DF is just around the corner.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty sure I'd survive waiting for this mod to be compatible with the next update. :P

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:51 am »

There's another update coming? I haven't even updated to the current version yet.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2012, 11:08:04 am »

There's another update coming? I haven't even updated to the current version yet.

Well I'm not entirely sure... I just skim the DF front page once a day to check for new stuff, and it LOOKS like an update with army movement and sneak/detection improvements + etc. is on toady's project table.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2012, 06:37:11 pm »

I believe the new DF version is still a ways off, probably a few months at the earliest.
Didn't have time to do any substantial work on the Fanon bugfix outside organizing the file.
I might be able to sneak some editing in during lunchbreak at work, I'll keep you posted!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 18, 2012, 06:25:35 am »

Add a building that has a reaction that creates leather, call it "synthetic" leather or something and create a "synthetic" creature so the leather hides are called "synthetic leather".
You used to have reactions that created threads of SKIN from three specific creatures, so getting the reaction to spawn synthetic leather and ONLY synthetic leather should not be a major issue.
The reaction could have some phoney labor to it, such as alchemy, if you disable tanning.

From there I suppose that it will be up to you to figure out how to prevent pony civs from using other kinds of leather in their products during world gen and from showing up with <<Dog Leather Armor>> when trading.
Disabling tan hide reaction and tanning labor (but not leatherworking) should prevent the civ from having access to leather and from actually producing leather goods, but I am not sure.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Corwynt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

Something I noticed in Adventure mode also, the character gets hungry and requires food to quench their hunger. The thing is that I often end up eating meat because fruit, grains, etc are really hard to come by without going to a market and buying them. I dunno how that could be fixed but yeah, just thought I'd bring that up because It's really... strange being a equine that must eat flesh to survive.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:11 pm »

Something I noticed in Adventure mode also, the character gets hungry and requires food to quench their hunger. The thing is that I often end up eating meat because fruit, grains, etc are really hard to come by without going to a market and buying them. I dunno how that could be fixed but yeah, just thought I'd bring that up because It's really... strange being a equine that must eat flesh to survive.

Can you not gather food from the countryside?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25