Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80692 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

Use ranged weapons against fliers. A squad of crossbow pegasai works quite well for Dawnpick community game.

EDIT: Ah. Sorry. Ranged weapons could be disabled for this mod for all I know. They work in 1.71 for DF 31.25, though.

Yep, the Bowyer's Workshop is still in the mod but it serves no function.
Maybe some faction trades ranged weapons, but embarks that appear to have no traders besides the original pony faction (like mine) are limited to spears, short swords, axes and shovels for weapons.

Just mentioning this since fighting off overaggressive giant bloodsucking insects and disproportionate sparrows becomes kinda tedious when all my soldiers, winged or otherwise, are limited to the ground.

I noticed how ponies just don't give a damn about damage, foals can heal broken bones in mere seconds after falling several z levels, soldiers can take massive normally fatal wounds to wings and legs only to recover briefly and return to finish the battle, someone even lost her lower left hind leg and kept going like a boss, they are not invincible but we are talking about damage that would permanently turn a standard dwarf into a vegetable or a cripple.
Not sure if the super regenerative capabilities is intentional or not but I am loving it. :D
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2012, 09:19:10 pm »

Crossbows aren't in and only unicorns and alicorns can use them since they're the only ponies with two graspers. The mouth and horn (which is structured like a tentacle). Though the crossbow is a one handed weapon, you need another hand to load it.

Also the fast healing can be attributed to cartoon logic.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2012, 07:31:23 am »

What about some kind of special crossbow, that's maybe mounted or something, with a special reaction at a bowyer that requires a crossbow and something else, like metal. Technically, it would be a one-handed crossbow.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

alanj95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:32 am »

I think that fluffy ponies could be added as butcherable pets or vermin, thoughts?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2012, 01:06:54 pm »

I think that fluffy ponies could be added as butcherable pets or vermin, thoughts?

Sure, go for it, this is the DF Modding section after all.

Edit: Question, which biomes are required for Griffon and Zebra civs?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:48:56 pm by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2012, 01:37:45 pm »

What about some kind of special crossbow, that's maybe mounted or something, with a special reaction at a bowyer that requires a crossbow and something else, like metal. Technically, it would be a one-handed crossbow.

Sounds like a ballistae. And that doesn't solve the problem of needing two graspers, one to hold and use the weapon and the other to reload.

On another note, when will Stonesense support be brought back?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:39:46 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2012, 02:01:28 pm »

Hey guys! I think I might have some time to actually get this thing updated and fixed this week!

To answer your current questions tho:
Crossbows - It's a shame, but as only unicorns are able to use them, I have technically disabled them from the mod. Ranged weapons could make a comeback through the research system in the guise of spellbooks tho.

Flying - this is a game limitation, flyers don't actually path to otherwise non-pathable terrain. However, if a point is reachable through normal means, a flier can get there quicker by flying over obstacles or empty space.

Minecarts and Wheelbarrows - should be in the new version once updated properly

Stonesense Support - Stonesense should technically still work with my original files, I'll see if I can get that rolling again in this update.

There are some slight problems with the system I've settled on for research and apples it seems: Whenever you get enough of an item (apples or research points) all available buildings will try to use them, resulting in job cancellations.
One thing that could fix this is using the new stockpiles and workshop priorities to make sure that certain trees only supply certain sorters for instance.

Again I must apologize for my absence recently, but work and RL stuff had to get priority over ascii ponies :P

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 02:11:28 am »

I have a little ditty with this mod in mind, so it's being posted here. It's set to the tune of "Rainbow Factory" for those interested. (like you could not tell)

Now a fortress's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we knew of armok and might
But a industry's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of a modding device

Let's delve deeper into magma mythology
Far beyond that of dwarvendoms philosophy
It's easy to misjudge those fortified cities
With there alluring decor and social psychology

But with all great games comes great responsibility
That of Toadies's being codeing ability
How, you ask, is he up to the task?
To which the answer is in his donation stability

In the Dwarven Fortress, where your fears and horrors come true
In the Dwarven Fortress, where not a single soul gets through

Amusingly, not much needed to be changed.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »

I have a little ditty with this mod in mind, so it's being posted here. It's set to the tune of "Rainbow Factory" for those interested. (like you could not tell)

Now a fortress's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we knew of armok and might
But a industry's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of a modding device

Let's delve deeper into magma mythology
Far beyond that of dwarvendoms philosophy
It's easy to misjudge those fortified cities
With there alluring decor and social psychology

But with all great games comes great responsibility
That of Toadies's being codeing ability
How, you ask, is he up to the task?
To which the answer is in his donation stability

In the Dwarven Fortress, where your fears and horrors come true
In the Dwarven Fortress, where not a single soul gets through

Amusingly, not much needed to be changed.

Sounds more like a Dwarf Fortress song in general, not one with ponies.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2012, 03:12:13 am »

This mod gave me a reason to make an account, thank you.
Also here are a few suggestion that i have fleshed out somewhat (spoilered for the size of them):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for reading this . Have a fluttershy:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:01:58 am by Detahramet »
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:26 pm »

I definitely think the mod needs magic secrets still, I would make some if I were better with interactions.

Is there anyway to restrict secrets to unicorns or to change how common they are so that many unicorns know magic? but not all of them.

as for secrets, here is a small list

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2012, 03:46:21 am »

I definitely think that the two or at least one front hoof should be designated a grasper. I've been intending to mod it in to my own raws. When my ponies use crossbows I imagine that the crossbow is held to the left or right foreleg with a brace and use their mouths to pull the string back.

Also rock farming sounds fantastic.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2012, 11:18:31 pm »

How do you guys think the upcoming psychology update will change things? I mean, Ponies seem like they'd be a good deal more violence-adverse than dwarves.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2012, 11:45:14 pm »

How do you guys think the upcoming psychology update will change things? I mean, Ponies seem like they'd be a good deal more violence-adverse than dwarves.

Yeah, but only with other ponies. The buffalo want to fight? Lets give them a fight!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Detahramet

• Bay Watcher
  • LIBERAL DWARF SQUAD! Hell yes, LDS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2012, 12:39:13 am »

Yeah, but only with other ponies. The buffalo want to fight? Lets give them a fight!

I think that may have to do with ponies being just about the most xenophobic and speciaistic creatures in equestria. If it isn't a pony, but is vaguely equine shaped, then run the buck away from it or beat the shit out of it. Perhaps ponies that see any other race aside from ponies would either attack those creatures or run the fuck away from them, unless the pony is a noble, such as the barterer.
Hail Kodkod, Goddess of Jam!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25