Mouth and Horns only
- 35 (42.7%)
Forehooves
- 3 (3.7%)
All of the above
- 44 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2  (Read 80657 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - Fanon is Magic 1.2
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 04:49:20 am »

You can produce soap actually, sunflower seeds can be squashed into oil which can be used to make soap!

The problem with apple trees and sorters is an issue. Think I have to rework how they work to fix that problem, but perhaps using burrows could alleviate the problem.

Dei, if you PM me whatever you end up making I can include it in the next version, whenever that is out :P

I'll get to that while an episode of MLP:FiM loads I guess. I haven't done any more work on what I had done in a month or so, but I managed to get at least a few things done when I was working on it. I'll send you what I have for the plants, and if you're interested the stuff for the cherries and oranges I put in. Turns out I scrapped what I tried doing with straw.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:31 am »

I've been playing around in the raws for a few days now and though I've added the crossbow to the weapon list I still can't find a file that would let me edit crossbow making back in through the bowyer and metalsmith workshops. If anyone could tell me what files to edit with what I'd be more than grateful for allowing my friends and I to add a ranged weapon to our ponies' arsenals.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:26 pm »

you need to add it back to the entity file, just look at the entity_default.txt file from an unmodded DF, look for the [WEAPON:] tag

note tho, that while the crossbow is a one handed weapon, you need a free grasp to move ammunition from your quiver to your weapon.
The effect of this is that only unicorns will be able to wield crossbows.

With that in mind I initially had plans of letting unicorns do magic instead, but work has kinda killed my free time lately :/

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2012, 06:20:29 pm »

I feel stupid now for not realizing that sooner (the entity file). Thanks for your help.

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »

Please tell me that I am not the only male enjoying this o.O

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2012, 06:09:01 am »

There are two community games with MLP mod (1.71 for 31.25): Glittergen and Dawnpick. Draw your own conclusions.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

And I have started a Let's Play to showcase your mod.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:08 am »

New DF update today, I'll see if I can manage to squeeze in an update to the new version within the next couple of days.
The hauling and parabolic flight look interesting, might solve some bugs I've been having :P

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »

Me: "Alright... time to make a Rainbow Color Extrapolator, mmmokay the research went in aaaaaand the pony went out, let's see (t) what's that? a large pot? how did that get there? and where's the blueprint? Ah well i'll just try again, aaaaaand boning knife... da fu? okay one more time... Cloudsculpting workshop blueprint? errrrrrr... At least it made a blueprint... Okay one last time... -Cauldron- ... WWWRRRRAAAARHG (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻  "

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now i ain't sayin' i'm a gold digger...

But i am sayin' i dig diggin'

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:51 pm »

Argh.. I was pretty sure I fixed the random tools bug, Y U NO BUGTEST PEOPLE! :(

I'll set aside some time tonight to fix these bugs.. It's kinda silly to have an advertised major feature not working eh :P
As for the combining, it will only autocombine x25 into x125 which takes quite a while to actually generate, But I've included a split research reaction in the version I have at home which kinda fixes that problem. I wish there was a better way to go about this but currently there isn't I'm afraid.

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »

which takes quite a while to actually generate.

Errrmmm... yeah about that... when i built the research point maker workshop thingy, it instantly gave me about 500 Research points... i was able to make all the research point requiring items (including the cauldron, knife, translucent rainbow etc.) without having to do any actual "research"...

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

hmmm.. very odd.. sounds like it's a problem with the Tools file, they're all stuffed in there.
Just came home from work and have an hour or two to kill before bed (gotta love nightshift). I'll see if i can figure out why it's doing that as I'm pretty sure i squashed that particular bug..

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »

Okay, i found and squashed some fairly obvious bugs, there was a spelling mistake in some of the schematics.
the biggest problem was that I'd left in a copy of reaction_weather.txt which probably led to the problems with the reactions. Removing the copy should hopefully fix the worst of the problems.
I'll clean up this bugfix and upload it tomorrow morning, Then I'll see if I can do the update to .34.08 hopefully without too many added problems.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2012, 10:39:43 pm »

I'm male, and I enjoy this mod. Besides, there are no girls on the internet, so why should you feel ashamed or embarassed about liking pastel-colored ponies?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. J

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 09:14:27 am »

There are no girls on the internet, so why should you feel ashamed or embarrassed about liking pastel-colored ponies?
But if there were are girls on the internet, so we should feel ashamed/embarrassed?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25