Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Kids Games  (Read 14005 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Kids Games
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:35 am »

Did we actually a productive spam thread? I'm disappointed, I wanted to try this:

Tree pun thread, GROW!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:26 am »

We've branched away from puns to productivity.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2012, 01:27:42 am »

I grew up on Dr.Mario, and Bubble Bobble on the NES. It was outdated at the time, but that doesn't mean those games weren't awesome.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 01:33:28 am »

I remember playing Rainbow 6 and Civilisation 2 on the PS2 as a kid. Then I moved on to Age of Mythology for about three years until Halo:CE reintroduced me to 'real' games.

I played all those except halo and I played on pc but that sounds like my younger days pretty much. I found original Rainbow six from flea market last year. #sohappy
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 01:48:43 am »

The first video game I ever owned, probably bought when I was about 5, was Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES. In other words, video games 101. I still have an old, embarrassing notebook full of doodles I made about various games, mostly this one. I was a weird kid.

Also, Roller Coaster Tycoon ate my childhood.
We've branched away from puns to productivity.
* Gatleos points his finger threateningly
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:46 am »

Oh god, it's attempting a hostile takeover of another spambot's thread.

Survival of the wordsaladiest, people.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 08:41:57 am »

....Oh dear god. The machines are trying to communicate with us.

I guess my first game was Oregon Trail (the *original* Oregon Trail for Apple ][). First time I ever played a game until the sun came up was when I was about 9 or 10 and borrowed a friend's copy of Silent Service for the C64. My mainstays back in the day were Gunship, Silent Service, Ultima III and IV, and all those wonderful TSR Gold Box games. But then I had a network of friends who were into the early BBS and demo scene, so I wound up with racks full of hand-punched floppies containing the weirdest assortment of coin-op conversions and homebrewed knockoffs. Most of those games came with absolutely no instructions, so I wound up learning how to figure out how a game worked really, really fast. Which is a critical thinking skill that I still find incredibly useful to this day.

EDIT: Oh shits, and ELITE. How could I forget you, my vector-based open-universe friend? Spent many a white-knuckle moment trying to dock without getting killed, until I could save up the credits for an auto-docking system. The strains of the Blue Danube Waltz never sounded so sweet.

Oh, and Mail Order Monsters, Lords of Conquest, Roadwar 2000, Mobius, Legacy of the Ancients, Bard's Tale II, Racing Destruction Set, Starflight...man, what the hell happened to EA? They used to be the macdaddy of awesome game companies.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:03:45 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:24 am »

If I ever have kids (not that I'm planning on it) I'll be raising them up on tons of Mario and PS1 and 2 games. It seems to have worked on the childhoods of everyone here anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:08 am »

Aw isn't that cute, the spammer is trying to blend in.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 09:32:47 am »

Aw isn't that cute, the spammer is trying to blend in.
who or what are you talking about? This guy?
hahhaa that's interesting i guess that how new kids nowadays. My 4 year old son also loves to play games online and he even made some drawings using my computer, I am so surprised because I don't play games online and I am not good with doing art using my computer.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:06 am »

It's weird. That was actually the account's second post. The first was
I always love anemi I'm just worried because I am turning 20 but I still like Anime lol
in the anime thread. I guess it's got more than a few keywords at it's disposal.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:03 am »

who or what are you talking about? This guy?

The signature should make it painfully obvious who I'm talking about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 10:08:01 am »

MARIO GOOD

MAKE SHOOK STRONG

That, and he's a funny character with a kickass moustache. I hear that the later part of the Paper Mario series is surprisingly creepy, though.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 10:38:12 am »

I tried getting my daughter into Kirby's Epic Yarn, but platformers are still a bit beyond her at this point. Plus, I got stuck about 6 stages in.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »

I had one simcity 2000 city that covered the entire map.

I didn't have the heart to bulldoze my initial low density zones and replace them with high density, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5