Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3060636 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10755 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »

You might just be thinking of Radical Edward. She... she wasn't very serious. The rest of it was.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

Monkey episode. Stuffing food in mouth bits of the very first episode. Reaction to certain kidnappings. Shroom episode. Fridge episode.

They did a very good job mixing the two/making the silly parts nonetheless important, but pretty much everything that wasn't deadly serious, and a fair number of things that were, tended heavily towards comedy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:22 pm »

Mushroom Samba was Ed's episode though. I just said Ed didn't count.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: March 14, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »

Ok, on an arbitrary seriousness scale where from 1 to 10, where 1 is Puni Puni Poemi and 10 is Grave of the Fireflies, where is Cowboy Bebop?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:32 pm »

Ok, on an arbitrary seriousness scale where from 1 to 10, where 1 is Puni Puni Poemi and 10 is Grave of the Fireflies, where is Cowboy Bebop?

6? I'm only about half-way done or so though.
The episodes are purposely designed so you can watch one from any point without missing out on too much, so it's interesting. (Although there is some overarcing plot throughout the series)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: March 14, 2012, 10:56:06 pm »

So I just read the Wikipedia and TV Tropes articles on Puni Puni Poemy.

Have I developed an LSD habit, or is that actually the synopsis?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: March 15, 2012, 01:52:19 am »

Spoiler: Kara no Shoujo (click to show/hide)
;_;

What the fuck

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10762 on: March 15, 2012, 03:16:03 am »

Mm? I don't recall Samurai Champloo being any sillier than Cowboy Bebop.

Massive field of marijuana episode (having the marijuana/hemp was legitimate, but the contents of episode were not really), character interactions/development seem to be a lot less serious, beatboxing samurai episode...  I know there's more, I just can't think of it right now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:18:24 am by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: March 15, 2012, 03:27:06 am »

Mm? I don't recall Samurai Champloo being any sillier than Cowboy Bebop.

Massive field of marijuana episode (having the marijuana/hemp was legitimate, but the contents of episode were not really), character interactions/development seem to be a lot less serious, beatboxing samurai episode...  I know there's more, I just can't think of it right now.

The number 1 most silly thing I've ever seen in Samurai Champloo was that incredibly violent game of baseball.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: March 15, 2012, 04:08:38 am »

Mushroom Samba was Ed's episode though. I just said Ed didn't count.
Fair enough, but Ed wasn't the only silly thing happening at the time. I know there's a certain amount of bleedover, but I still think the episode was silly beyond being a silly character's limelight time.

Haven't seen either, so hard to say on that exact scale.

It's also blended very, very well, so in some cases it depends on what you mean by "seriousness." Some aspects are simultaneously ridiculous and deadly serious, some are just one or the other.

Generally speaking, though, I kind of got the impression that everything that wasn't a major plot point was at least blended silliness. Very little was outright irrelevant gag episode material either though.

6 seems about right, I guess, but again it depends on how you define it.

I'm don't think I recall interactions or development being less serious. Some of the more serious backstory reveals in CB were arguably more serious, but I think for the most part they were just equally serious but more grim.

On the other hand, you've got the (first) assassin episode and the serial killer one, which didn't have any silliness at all (I think).

The number 1 most silly thing I've ever seen in Samurai Champloo was that incredibly violent game of baseball.
Well naturally, but that was an outright gag episode.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: March 15, 2012, 07:35:03 am »

I need to watch something with a good storyline.

Any suggestions? I mean, it can be anything, just as long as it's not too heavy... or too silly. I'm really aching for something new to watch...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Pipeweeeeed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:09 am »

*redacted*
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:16:39 pm by Pipeweeeeed »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: March 15, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »

Some people detest this genre but I found this one quite enjoyable for 12 + 2 episodes. Make sure to watch in it's original voice though.

www.animefreak.tv/watch/air-tv-english-dubbed-online-free
If you liked Air, you might like Clannad.

If you watch Clannad though, make sure you stick around for After Story, because that's where it gets a lot better.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: March 15, 2012, 04:06:35 pm »

Some people detest this genre but I found this one quite enjoyable for 12 + 2 episodes. Make sure to watch in it's original voice though.

If you watch Clannad though, make sure you stick around for After Story, because that's where it gets a lot better.

And if you like Clannad, Angel Beats will knock your socks off.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: March 15, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »

And if you like Clannad, Angel Beats will knock your socks off.

Yeah, Angel Beats is simply amazing, one of the best anime that I have watched in my life. It even inspired me to research organ donation and be a registered organ donor.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2193