Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192952 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #780 on: June 23, 2012, 10:48:00 pm »

So, how's everybody doing in the sci-fi servers?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:04 pm »

I wouldn't know. I've been playing through a very strange SP fantasy expansion called DNTTRS (hell, it's so weird that I've even forgot what the name stands for). Very surreal and mind-bending.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:10 am »

I wouldn't know. I've been playing through a very strange SP fantasy expansion called DNTTRS (hell, it's so weird that I've even forgot what the name stands for). Very surreal and mind-bending.

Considering you have to consume increasing doses of magic mushrooms to progress, that's not really a surprise. Sadly, the end is a more generic boss battle.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 24, 2012, 04:27:41 am »

Hey, spoil the ending for me will you? Thanks a bunch. [/sarcasm]
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2012, 04:38:55 am »

I just got this, finally got out of the tutorial area and ended up somewhere near the Arlian Sea on Dabrodon.  Sold my starting clothes and half the food for a .38 DKS and I feel like a boss.

Quick question, how do you take screenshots in space?  PrntScrn button doesn't work, and it took an hour to find my ship after trying F11.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #785 on: June 26, 2012, 06:54:30 am »

I just got this, finally got out of the tutorial area and ended up somewhere near the Arlian Sea on Dabrodon.  Sold my starting clothes and half the food for a .38 DKS and I feel like a boss.

Quick question, how do you take screenshots in space?  PrntScrn button doesn't work, and it took an hour to find my ship after trying F11.
ctrl-shift-F7 while crouching. RTFM

Also has anyone else seen the stats on the whale oil from the level 78 starwhales? Holy crap! +48 penmanship? +72 chutzpah? +104 to snake oilers?!

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:47 am »

Hey, spoil the ending for me will you? Thanks a bunch. [/sarcasm]
Ok.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 26, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Guys, I think... I think after taking over the Old Empire bases I might actually be rapidly approaching becoming one of the most powerful space groups on Server Durian... Hohoho am I going to get attacked.

Edit:
Oh dear.
I got into a war with the TowerGroup, the leading group... This is gonna be one heck of an epic battle. If your planets are in the way, I suggest you hunker down!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:13:56 pm by Powder Miner »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

That was my scout probe :P
Are you TowerGroup?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 26, 2012, 04:51:05 pm »

I'm going to send my peace probes over there. Everyone else get out, I'm going to stop their conflict for a bit.

Nospherat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorfity dorf dorf
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 26, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »

Hey man, why, and I mean WHY are you even doing this? I have been lurking in this game forever, you know, laying low since the alpha release.
I've dumped all my stat points into the Biodiversity skill tree even though absolutely no one uses it, since it's the worst skill tree... and has been largely ignored in all updates.

Anyways, I managed to find out that if you find items that give a bonus to Subversion, and waste countless hours on Infection research, you DO have some rather nice bonuses in the end.
I mean why would anyone even bother to research Infection. All think it's just a placeholder skill and only used for a few seconds in the tutorial.
But noooo

See, I have a full planet made out entirely of living flesh, populated with colossal dust mites the size of a space freighter. I have defences, hohohoho, boy, do I ever have defences. Those cruiser sized blobs you see orbiting my planet are, well, technically dandruff. Dead skin cells shed by the planet's surface, but dayum, don't forget I have lvl 86 in Infection!

I'm not threatening or anything man, I don't give a crap if my ball of flesh gets all blown up, I mean I have access to the cloning vats on Ix, I'll be back in a few weeks, and the whole planet build is flawed anyways, man, apparently I don't have enough excretion pores and evacuation valves, didn't get to build them, this stuff is severely undocumented, and well, I'm having trouble with the waste system. Lemme tell you man, this planet has a shitty core in more ways than one!
I just want to warn you man, if it does blow up, it'll mess up the WHOLE SECTOR because of that buggy Subversion skill, and it'll turn the game unplayable. Might even lag out the server from calculating all those biocorruption auras on every single piece of individual equipment in the game. On a PRO side, all the infected items will start multiplying through mitosis due to my Biodiversity skilltree, but what the heck are people going to do with stacks upon stacks of mining machineries and armored vehicles made entirely of human skin ?

So there, man, there. It's out there.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, fud bumnit.

Just don't say I didn't warn you, man.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:55:59 pm by Nospherat »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 26, 2012, 04:55:56 pm »

Gah! Why did you have to get your peace probe right in the way of my fruitation nuke?!?! Now there's a fruitumor growing in open space, and it's still doing so! This is gonna be just like the chaosformers unless someone can lance the thing!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »

Correction, why did you shoot your stupid nuke right at my probe? The fruitmor's your fault. I gave everyone warning, and you shoot anyways.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 26, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »

It was already enroute to the planet! I didn't hoot it at the probe- I could care less about the probe! The thing's designed for planetary impacts!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »

So why didn't you just activate the remote control module?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 134