Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192917 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #750 on: May 29, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »

I'm afraid I'm mainly space now. But that's because I've been putting serious effort into my bananalien bio-lord.
Vulcanon didn't stop me. In fact, I'm almost as strong as I was! I've got a main spawning planet, three secondaires and assorted other stuff!

Oh, and any of you who are pirates of pirate sector Charlie-Alpha, watch out. My fruitants are coming in to take Sulam VI for the great tree it has there! Then I'll be able to spawn so many fruitants, so many!
If you wish to challenge me, meet my fleet in battle. This is gonna be so fuuuuuun!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 29, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

Hey, anyone want to join me in hitting up Drogelstown North in sector 142? I hear the loot's excellent.

Unless I'm one of the few here who still play fantasy...
I would, but I'm still a newbie grinding for cones. I WILL HAVE THAT TOOTHPICK, DAMMIT
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 30, 2012, 11:12:13 pm »

You can also buy the toothpick with a Elder Rat Spleen. Sector 3 has ton of Elder Rats.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 30, 2012, 11:33:20 pm »

Powder miner- the Doomy Blades mercenary company has a small gift for you, personally from the pirates of pirate sector Charlie-Alpha. The tectonic planet-razers should be hitting your main spawning planet very soon. About- right- now. So yes, some of the pirates have banded together against you (word spread), and gave me the funds to expand my fleet and start the battle out with a bang. I actually like fruitants, but I'm kind of with the pirates here with stopping you from expanding. Don't worry about your trees, though- I actually made all but a few of the bombs miss on purpose, and the few that hit were on areas you don't use too much.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 30, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

Which main spawning planet?
Azhkefleban?
That's bee defunct for weeks now, it got fried by Vulcanon and I just said it was my spawning planet to keep you guys away from my real one.
Unfortunately, I sill did spawn grape rapid-firers there, as well as cantaloupe heavy armor troops, shame that I'll only get a bare few of them now.
Anyway, if missiles are the way you're going, I hope you'll like my special Durian biological bioweapon heading towards my intended  target to disable, Ershkot.
followed by my fleet.
I'll be missing those Cantaloupes, especially if you're in the mix.
And I'm going... now!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57:38 pm »

Still looking for help in Drogelstown North - Equal loot split?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:16 am »

especially if you're in the mix.

Is that a pun about mixed fruit?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:53 am »

Originally, no. Now? Yes.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 31, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »

OK, I think I got the supply problem fixed. I made a new raccoon-guy and brought it to the cooking skill trainer in the newbie town (whatever it's called.)
I spent my XP for him through the level 2 Bioarchitect ability, but even giving it only one cooking point is enough to let it make Dog Food out of a bunch of different vendor trash (beetle livers, etc.).
I gave it standing orders to accept corpses/ingredients and to try to make Dog Food and stockpile it. Then I removed one of the recyclers so the werewolves (which indeed were there to secure the facility and aquire biomass) dump dead monsters on the floor instead of turning it into clones.
I also set up a shop drone to buy the required cosmetics in town. A drain on my money, but it keeps the minions down!

I don't have an inter-system spacecraft (I snuck into Sci-fi by using a shrink potion, a Stasis Stone, a "statue" potion, and a delayed Change Material (5 min) scroll to make me into a beautiful diamond figurine just inside the dungeon people switching dimensions have to run through. I timed it right so that the guy behind me didn't see me transform, picked me up as loot, and finished the dungeon. Luckily, Petrified! wore off before Stasis, so I survived and slipped out of his bag on the other side once Stasis wore off.) so I can't really travel anywhere.

However, I realized that a lot of the beast-people this place can make have Intelligence in the Human range (not great, but enough to use NPC rather than Monster AI) and so far they react well to videogames! I gave them simulators set to give points for damage done to enemy craft with an under-armed fighter. Game ends when too much damage is taken, and they have an ability which destroys all targets within a randomized radius and ends the game.
Now I have to find good drawings of a Shofixti Scout from Star Control 2 and I know what to start building. I already got my hand on a whole shipping container of Spacial Distortion Demolition Charges, and they are rated for pulverizing asteroids, so they should make nifty Glory Devices!

Anyone need kamekazi pilots for anything? They use the Small Beast template, so they are cheap to produce and mature quickly, but they seem to fit Human ergonomics fairly well and can use standard interfaces (very stupid creatures (some ogres, animals, etc.) need special computers to pilot vehicles) and learn standard skills. I can also train Star Wars-style "clone armies to order", as long as you don't mind them being furries (making anything else will take a while, as I have to reprogram all the cloning machinery). I love this place! I hope whoever abandoned it doesn't come back for their cloning machines.

Already got the foxes to understand A-1a rifles (the vendor trash bolt-actions you get on archeological digs, in Ancient Military Bases or from low-level Anarchists) and now make it a priority to grab any dirt-cheap weapons/etc. I can find for training. Goblins are hardier and easier to control, but need too much micromanaging for anyone but a dedicated minion user to keep loyal. The gene lab still works, so if you want anything crossed with anything else and don't need mass production, I'll see what I can do!

((I so want a game with all the emergent mechanics this has. Fantasy or sci-fi, just MAKE IT!))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2012, 10:39:01 am »

Well, all seems fine. I doubt we'd get more reinforcements before that Time space fracture opens completly, so what do we do. Do you guys want to charge the rift or just defend against whatever comes out.

Anyway, I managed to get you a Pirating license Geiger, (It's remarkably easy to negotiate from the bridge of a Supernova class ship). As for the Hangar, the Nova has a small one, though I'm not sure how functional it is. I found the ship as an abandoned wreck, and haven't fully repaired it yet. The weaponry and Nova class cannons work though.

Spoiler: Current forces (click to show/hide)

For those of you who are planning a secret strike attack right now, forgot it. We 're covered by the local Annihilator Starbase.
[/quote]

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:19 am »

I say we wait a little bit more, and then charge if it's not on it's way by then. By the way, I went ahead and mounted lots of those experimental plasma Gauss cannons on one of my destroyers, and fitted it with an emergency battery so that if it's about to die, I can just fire all the guns at once for a kamikaze strike, and can still salvage the guns later.

Oh, and Powder Miner- I was only hired for the raid, not the following battles (I actually read the contract and made them take that out), but don't be to harsh to them, please. They're some of my best customers.

Matz, I think that we could use some kamikaze bombers around here. I'll send a supply ship with some cash on it over to your factory for fifty kamikazes. How much do you want? (I don't usually deal with cloners.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 01, 2012, 11:29:56 am »

HAI GUYZ I'M NU TO THE GAEM. HOW DO U MOVE?!?!?!!? :'( :'( :'( :'(

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 01, 2012, 11:41:44 am »

My buzzers are all drone piloted too, and I'm not too attached to them, so feel free to load them with explosives.  Won't make as big a boom as a bomber class, but it's something.  Too many traders think that they can just buy a few of those and be perfectly safe, when all it takes is a single hit to the control ship's comms antenna to completely neutralize them.  So I'm sure I'll get more.

As for when to strike, We should  send in a probe or a scanner or something, see if it can determine energy levels, armor thickness or anything like that.  All the probes I have loaded are designed for comms scanning though.  That's more a job for a science or military class scanner.  At any rate if it shoots the scanner down, we know it has weapon capability in transit and it would probably be better to fight it away from the fracture for less stuff for helmsmen to try to not fly into.  If not we get nice detailed scans and know to hit it now while it's unarmed.

@Spinal WASD, or the arrow keys.  If you are playing on the sci-fi servers I would also recommend a joystick.  Doesn't need to be too fancy, but you'll want at least 3 axis.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 01, 2012, 11:52:29 am »

While you can pilot the spaceships with your mouse or the keyboard, the joystick/keyboard combination is just SO much easier to use.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 01, 2012, 03:50:02 pm »

His problem might be that the most recent patch set the default movement keybindings to UHMK. The way to change that is to find the Settings Gnome in the Screen of Menu. From him you get the "Mastery of Game Controls" quest, which, upon completion, gives you the ability to rebind your keys. He also gives you the quest to adjust your UI, one to adjust your video settings, and one to adjust your audio settings.

Also, this isn't exactly related, but I was reminded and it is important: before you adventure with anyone else, you're going to want to seek out some sort of dance instructor. By default, your character can sort of dance, but he/she/it is terrible at it, and it is really quite embarrassing. And dancing is really important when you're waiting for others in your group while in a dungeon. If your character is lacking in Dance skill, I suggest going to either a Line Dance instructor or a Club Dance instructor. They're not very impressive, but they're better than nothing. If on, the other had, your Dance skill is very good, I'd suggest looking for a Break Dance or Capoeira instructor, as the later improves your Unarmed Melee combat skills and the former can be used to settle turf disputes.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134