Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134

Author Topic: Igynpadca  (Read 192955 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Igynpadca
« Reply #810 on: July 02, 2012, 12:29:53 am »

Well, which one would you rather have a fruitumor launched at?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:49 am »

Erm, how much infrastructure would it destroy?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 02, 2012, 12:32:50 am »

It's maybe .5 kilos across, so it would probably destroy a small city minimum.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 02, 2012, 12:37:28 am »

It's maybe .5 kilos across, so it would probably destroy a small city minimum.
Hmmm. Toss it at the Kelrthrad System, Asiago planet, Latitude: -41.18864, Longitude: -49.20909
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 02, 2012, 08:38:33 pm »

I'll order another capital ship built along with another planet-buster missile in case you need more containment after that- I need to replentish my fleet anyways.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »

Okay guys I accidentally awakened Rly'rethazur, The Demon of The Black Hole, while I was firing my cannons at a hostile scouting ship in the Kerthin System. I'm trying to escape but fuel is low and all I have is an energy bomb, any advice on how to defeat this thing?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 02, 2012, 11:44:04 pm »

That was in the game way back when.  Back before you could properly fire at what is now long range missile range.  I hear it's AI was not updated to compensate so if you have some way to hit it from that range you may be good.

Failing that max tech levels weren't as high then either, if you have any teir 6 or better armor plates in cargo and you have the ability to do a mid flight armor replacement that might buy you a bit of time, but I can't guarantee how much.  I think teir 4 was the best you could get back then, and it tore through that pretty fast, so even with modern armor I would avoid getting hit when possible.  If you have shield generators keep them down and redirect power elsewhere, completely ignores shields not tuned in a particular way, and nobody really stocks the ones with the capability anymore.  Also if you have one, set your CIWS system to offensive.  Hardwire it if you have to, the loot will make up for buying a replacement.  It shoots no missiles, and even remotely modern CIWS systems have the DPS to overcome it's armor rating long as you can keep alive long enough to whittle it down..

Thats all the advice I have though I'm afraid, I'm nowhere near there or I would swing by to help out.  If you have none of that, yer probably SOL.  It's an old boss, but still a boss.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:45:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 04, 2012, 03:23:48 am »

Geez, I haven't even made it to space yet. Can someone help me get to that part of the questlines?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 04, 2012, 04:36:46 am »

Geez, I haven't even made it to space yet. Can someone help me get to that part of the questlines?

Well, there are multiple quests for space access. Other players can fill you in about their favorites and how to start them, but I want to warn you about the one that is actually a trap and will get you permanently barred from obtaining a space visa. You can still fly without one, but you can't take off from legitimate spaceports, and, if the space police catch you, you'll be immediately deported to your planet of origin (which has some uses in certain exploits, but generally it's not worth it).

So, the quest I'm talking about is the one where you deliver a "container of unknown contents" that you receive from Skeevy Steve to his contact on Vega V.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 04, 2012, 10:21:18 am »

Dude, I think your Demon think suicided itself on my empire. And destroyed it.
...Guess I better make a new character.
How about a Duality Master? Make an interesting Mercenary. I think I'll do that...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:34 pm »

Well, there are multiple quests for space access. Other players can fill you in about their favorites and how to start them, but I want to warn you about the one that is actually a trap and will get you permanently barred from obtaining a space visa. You can still fly without one, but you can't take off from legitimate spaceports, and, if the space police catch you, you'll be immediately deported to your planet of origin (which has some uses in certain exploits, but generally it's not worth it).

So, the quest I'm talking about is the one where you deliver a "container of unknown contents" that you receive from Skeevy Steve to his contact on Vega V.

Oh darn, I really want a space visa! On the other hand, being a sneaky pirate ninja space-pirate would be pretty cool...thanks!

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 04, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »

Well, you only lose the ability to gain a space visa by
If you don't do that, you'll be fine. And the option to do so only comes up if you also have a rubber band, a jar of melange, at least three swim fins, and an electric spork in your inventory at the time.

Plus, I've heard that you can still be teleported if you have a space visa if it's in your bank at the time. I don't know whether this is true or not, because I don't possess one, but that would make sense, so it probably isn't.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:47 pm »

Okay, so I got this game about three days ago, and... I think I might have broken the game.

So!

I was a level 23 Earth mage, just got done with the sector 27 brood mare, and was pretty excited. I was kind of ready to get into the space quests and... uh... I didn't read the wiki, and since I built my base on shattered heights (Don't ask, I didn't start the base building phase until around level 15), I figured I could... build my way up, I guess? Sort of homestuck style, I don't know, I was rather tired and I wasn't thinking straight. So... I got up pretty high, building sensor beacons every six or so stories so that the various flying objects wouldn't crash into my tower.

At that point I had recruited a few frost giants (Don't ask how, it was dirty and involved fire giant murder) and had two squads of Carpathian mercenaries, kitted out in kimberlin gear with assault rifles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 20, 2012, 02:44:36 am »

Don't fuck with the forces of supernature.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 20, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

5986?! My Human Duality Master's on 5986!! Was doing some mercenary work, but OH GOD I'M ON THAT CONTINENT TOO!
Wanna team up to take care of this? I can get you into space afterwards. I'll be two humans in light cloak armor with sniper gear/heavy armor and a rip-sword. Quick, too, please!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:26:47 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134